• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Selling silver on ebay

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Well, I got roped in to selling on ebay and using paypal. Have fifty transactions so far, mostly low dollar sales, but some are $20 to $90. My wife wants me to sell anything on ebay to get our reputation up...

I could sell some silver. I don't feel like selling ordinary rounds because they probably won't get past spot, and I think I would come out worse after the fees. But I have some plastic sheets of the Johnson Mathey "Bill of Rights" rounds (10 x 1 ounce) and maybe I could get some interesting action on them. The few sellers I looked up seemed pretty damn proud of a sheet of 10 rounds.

My only experience selling silver on ebay was in 1999, two 100 ounce bars and a box of 90% No problem, but one guy buying a bar sent me a check, where I specifically stated it MUST be a money order. Dick.

So I am asking for advice from those experienced with silver and ebay. First, is a good idea or dumb? How should I send the rounds with minimum chance of theft or fraud by the buyer? Any other advice?

Thanks!

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
A "good reputation" for selling soap, won't be enhanced by selling other categories.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Don't sell plain bullion, look for some old art bars , your rights rounds and start the auctions at 25 bucks and up. Any item over 100 I pay for signature confirmation and make sure you get tracking on every sale. Cost a tad over 2.50 now for shipping with DC

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I've sold a few pieces (I know shock as I usually don't sell anything)
Lets just say I fell into a few pieces at a good price (spot or less) and flipped them to someone that collects and would pay a premium.
I listed the items as a BIN or Best Offer (that keeps most shady bidders away and IMO the best way to go about selling Bullion on the bay)

Do Give us a heads up on your auctions he so we can get you closer to your goal...I too like cheap silver. :beer: