• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Service dogs

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
My uncle once told me words I've lived by. Any man a dog likes isn't all bad. He also said there was no such thing as a bad dog. I've yet to find him wrong. It's been said that taking dogs into our lives is the best deal humans ever struck ... recent studies have shown that we probably weren't that smart ... it was the dogs that did all the work there too. Today, there isn't much dogs don't do for us. They herd for us, work in all forms of law enforcement, defense and rescue. They even have been found to detect cancer just from our smells. Today ... I read yet another.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/artic...t-be-touched-has-connected-with-a-service-dog
I'll let you read that yourself. Bring kleenex.

To whit, the point .... I think that dogs may well be our Babel fish. I share ..
"The Babel fish is small, yellow, leech-like, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier, but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with nerve signals picked up from the speech centres of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish.
"Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that something so mind-bogglingly useful that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the non-existence of God.
"The argument goes something like this: 'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, 'for proof denies faith, and without faith, I am nothing.' 'But, says Man, the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.' 'Oh dear,' says God, 'I hadn't thought of that,' and vanishes in a puff of logic. 'Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.
"Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys, but that didn't stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the theme of his best-selling book, Well That About wraps It Up For God.
The key thing being that the likelyhood of nature randomly evolving something so incredibly well adapted to us as dogs ... from what is widely accepted as the single most dangerous species of predator on the planet ... Pretty damn close to nil.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
A quote that is attributed to Ben Franklin goes like this; "The existence of beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." I kind of agree with that, except that beer makes us fat and that usually makes us unhappy. I still love beer. My paraphrase of Ben's quote goes like so; " The existence of dogs is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." And I believe that's true. There is no other creature on Earth more suited to be our permanent and constant, faithful and loving companions. If your dog loves you, you can have no truer friend, other than Jesus Himself. I love all dogs.

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

JayDubya

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” Charles de Gaulle

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.” Dean Koontz

“I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn't like a person.” Unknown

Merlin

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
“The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs.” Charles de Gaulle

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.” Dean Koontz

“I'm suspicious of people who don't like dogs, but I trust a dog when it doesn't like a person.” Unknown
A house without a dog is an empty home.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
You guys got it all wrong.

When GOD looks in the mirror he sees DOG.

I don't believe in coincidences....

Back to my self imposed vacation until after the election...

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
You guys got it all wrong.

When GOD looks in the mirror he sees DOG.

I don't believe in coincidences....

Back to my self imposed vacation until after the election...
Yeah, I think dogs do a better job of being god-like than we do. If I get to heaven and God is like a big Australian Shepherd, I can be happy about that.