• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Shepard Smith Rage Quits Fox News

skychief

enthusiastic stacker
Silver Miner
Shepard Smith, the chief news anchor of Fox News and a sometime critic of U.S. President Donald Trump, abruptly quit the network on Friday after 23 years.

In an unexpected on-air statement at the end of his daily “Shepard Smith Reporting” show, Smith said he had asked to leave the conservative-leaning cable news network, which is the most-watched in the United States.

His farewell message ended with the hope that “the truth will always matter.”

“Recently I asked the company to allow me to leave Fox News. After requesting that I stay, they obliged. Under our agreement I won’t be reporting elsewhere, at least in the near future,” Smith said.

“Even in our currently polarized nation, it’s my hope that the facts will win the day, that the truth will always matter, that journalism and journalists will survive,” Smith said.

Smith, who was also managing editor of the network’s breaking news unit, has been one of the few senior journalists on Fox News to criticize Trump.

His departure follows attacks by Trump on the network’s less friendly coverage of his administration since the U.S. House of Representatives began an impeachment inquiry, which opinion polls suggest has growing support from Americans.

The New York Times reported earlier on Friday that U.S. Attorney General William Barr met this week with Rupert Murdoch, whose Fox Corp owns Fox News.

“FoxNews doesn’t deliver for US anymore. It is so different than it used to be. Oh well, I’m President!,” Trump tweeted on Thursday.

In March, Smith took issue with Trump’s criticism of the late Republican Senator John McCain, and in August Smith spoke out about the “unmistakable rise of white nationalism and white racism in America” which Democrats say Trump has not done enough to discourage.

In September, Smith called out Trump for his mistaken insistence that the state of Alabama was in the path of Hurricane Dorian.

Trump, who has repeatedly criticized the U.S. media as “the enemy of the people,” has lashed out publicly against Shepard.

“Watching Fake News CNN is better than watching Shepard Smith, the lowest rated show on @FoxNews,” Trump tweeted in August.

Shep Smith Quits FOX

Good riddence. Smith had low ratings, anyways. He would feel much more at home with a leftist Trump-bashing network like CNN or MSNBC.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
fox is, and always has been, communist propaganda

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
“Recently I asked the company to allow me to leave Fox News. After requesting that I stay, they obliged. Under our agreement I won’t be reporting elsewhere, at least in the near future,” Smith said.
So, a "No competition" clause, I wonder how much he got paid...

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
So, a "No competition" clause, I wonder how much he got paid...
If he started working for CNN or MSNBC he would start by exposing Faux News for what it is from his very first show! That would put the entire communist media operation at risk! The Fauxs can't have that!

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
FOX is no friend to conservatives. The only news programming I watch is Tucker, and I DVR his ass so I don't have to see the commercials.

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The last Fox poll that said 51% of people wanted Trump impeached and removed, with 41% said not to impeach or remove?

It was polling LIBERAL DEMOCRATS at +8% over conservatives. So, take away 8% and move it over to the conservatives and you end up with 49% NOT wanting Trump impeached or removed. Fox can't even be HONEST in their polling...

Are you surprised

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The last Fox poll that said 51% of people wanted Trump impeached and removed, with 41% said not to impeach or remove?
So not too far from the popular vote. It seems a case study in whether people think ends justify means. They voted for his rival...or against him, so now they want him impeached and removed, despite the fact that he legally won the presidency according to the rules in place prior to the election.

Crybabies gonna cry I guess.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Controlled opposition or no, the fact is FOX appears to be the only Media Company in Trump's corner.
If FOX reported anything like CNN, Trump would be gone, and we would be well on our way to losing our Republic to Communism.
Get a clue you guys!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

It was polling LIBERAL DEMOCRATS at +8% over conservatives. So, take away 8% and move it over to the conservatives and you end up with 49% NOT wanting Trump impeached or removed. Fox can't even be HONEST in their polling...

Are you surprised
Trump wants to be impeached. That's part of The Plan!