• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Silver next upswing

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
Silver and EW

Wave 1 of III
wave i 8.41 - 19.46 = 11.05
wave ii 19.46 - 14.63 = 4.83
wave iii 14.63 - 31.23 = 16.6
wave iv 31.23 - 26.37 = 4.86
wave v 26.37 - 44.05/55.1

As London market is closed there will be two way movements till Tuesday

The psychological top is $50/- while ew top could be +/- $54/-

so whats everyone's opinion?

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
The recent run-up makes little sense compared the move in gold so I'm not even going to pretend to understand. At this point I think the appropriate thing to do is to sit down, shut-up, and buckle your seat belt for the ride.
:cool:;):banana:
True cpthnsolo

but the gap between 46.67 to 47.22 is of 55 cents and it says a lot, it could means two thing either silver is not going to succumb to $50/- top and will make huge advance (run away gap) or if it goes below 46.67 than it would be island reversal!

ccjoe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Everything makes complete sense if you listen to bob chapman (all weekend on every program around- Alex Jones, radio shows, etc).
He explained in technical terms how the Comex may default within a week and the 3 choices remaining for the shorts.
Too technical for me.
I just knew 2 years ago that the Indians and Chinese would NOT be able to afford gold and would switch to silver and now the MSM confirmed that very fact 2 weeks ago.
Supply/Demand, as it has always been throughtout history, is FINALLY manifesting itself so stupid, liberal arts heads like me have a chance.

silverblood

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Well, it's down to 45.88 right now. We'll have to wait and see where it ends today. Something weird going on.

silverblood

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
And now back up to $47.69, d-lod. I've never seen swings like this before in a 24 hour period. In Asian trading this morning it spiked to $49.85. We're talking $4 swing in a day.

Something coming undone, or someone gaming the markets to their advantage, or major shifts by wealthy investors or central banks? Maybe China saying they're going to dump treasuries is shaking things up.

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
On three, everybody hold your breath for the down-ward correction!

One

Two

Three

Oh wait! I forgot to mention that global fiat, adjusted for inflation, leaves Ag at a still very reasonable exchange rate.

Did I mention ETFs? How about investors dumping FRNs by the truckload in favor of PMs?

Keep holding your breath!

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
Silverblood

Nothing is unusual, try to recall 78-79 era..........silver being cornered by Hunt Bro.......
it was $50/- and gold was 850/-.
In compare to gold, silver should be $95/-
so silver has to catch up, as it is silver bull is slow to start by two years.
It started in 2002 against gold in year 2000 .

Be patient technicals will come true.

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
http://www.321gold.com/editorials/moriarty/moriarty042511.html

Here's what all potential investors in silver need to know.

The chart of silver has gone parabolic. Parabolic charts mark tops no matter what the commodity.
The bullish consensus on silver is at a record high. Record high bullish consensus on any commodity is common at tops.
When the most credible guys in an industry start explaining why supply and demand don't really work, it's a top. With 19 billion ounces of silver above ground we aren't about to run out any time soon.
When guys start writing about silver that didn't have a clue as to what it was or what it was used for at the bottom, you are at a top. I'm astonished at both the ignorance and the arrogance of the newly invented silver "Gurus."
When the smartest guys in an industry start telling you, "This time it's different," it's not. It's just a top.

silver is silver and a commodity after all.........

Turner-son

Silver Member
Silver Miner

Argentsum

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I think there is a lot of money hovering over Silver. The money is waiting for a correction. For this reason any correction may only be fleeting as new money jumps in.

Of course, this is only a guess...

Silverblood

Nothing is unusual, try to recall 78-79 era..........silver being cornered by Hunt Bro.......
it was $50/- and gold was 850/-.
In compare to gold, silver should be $95/-
so silver has to catch up, as it is silver bull is slow to start by two years.
It started in 2002 against gold in year 2000 .

Be patient technicals will come true.
Actually Silver bottomed well before Gold did. The bottom in Silver was 1993 at 3.50

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
Assuming 49.78 is wave 3 completion ................the further ew count would be...........

Wave 1 4.00 - 21.34 = 17.34
Wave 2 21.34 - 08.41 = 12.93
Wave 3 08.41 - 49.78 = 41.37
Wave 4 49.78 - 36.88 = 12.90

SO

If it closes below 46.67 than correction levels are 39.97,34.05, 29.06

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
how does this figure in your count D-lod?

Wave 1 of III
wave i 8.41 - 19.46 = 11.05
wave ii 19.46 - 14.63 = 4.83
wave iii 14.63 - 31.23 = 16.6
wave iv 31.23 - 26.37 = 4.86
wave v 26.37 - 44.05/55.1

Kiwi_envoy

we are ending wave v of 1 of III and the retracment expected in wave III is of shorter magnitudes, but still it could be around 34.

This counts are valid only if 49.78 is not breached on upside. Otherwise the ew counts has wave v till 55.1/-$ as the upper limit.

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I think there is a lot of money hovering over Silver. The money is waiting for a correction. For this reason any correction may only be fleeting as new money jumps in.

I believe you are correct, as I know quite a few folks who are sitting on a pile of FRNs, and waiting for that "big downward correction."

IMO, they will be waiting a long time for anything below $35, and they may regret not taking advantage of $45 spot.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Next Wave? Ha HA HAA HAAA! If you are using Prechter's Wave Theory on PM's you have been slaughtered since 2001.However, even a broken watch is correct once a day, silver (and PM's) is/has been, and will be it's own unpredictable last resort animal of wealth.Corner "wealth", and PM's become a dangerous animal that will devour, attack, retreat, or even play dead.A close look at his charts (since 2001) always conveniently have many question marks imbedded that conveniently disappear until the next "wave".Good luck for the Prechterites-he has caused more wealth destruction than fiat-(at least those that have tried to apply his "science").

WHY PRECHTERIAN THEORY IS WRONG ON GOLD

Nelson Hultberg

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_03/hultberg020503.html

kingbee

I believe you are correct, as I know quite a few folks who are sitting on a pile of FRNs, and waiting for that "big downward correction."

IMO, they will be waiting a long time for anything below $35, and they may regret not taking advantage of $45 spot.
A couple of people that I have tried to encourage to buy silver years ago are now interested. But they want to buy on a pull back. I agree there is probably a good deal of FRN waiting to get in. Pull backs will be brief and likely supply will become scarce and/or larger premiums. Should be interesting.

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Here is an example of his "theory".
1? i? ii? iii? 2 i? ii? 3 i? ii? iii? iv? v? 4? i?.....suck in, rinse then repeat for all those trying to find a repeatable pattern for human events and behavior."There is nothing new under the sun" to include fear, greed, deception, and deceit.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
But they want to buy on a pull back. I agree there is probably a good deal of FRN waiting to get in. Pull backs will be brief and likely supply will become scarce and/or larger premiums. Should be interesting.
Check out the $6 premiums on things that were $3 over just last Thursday.

Turner-son

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Everyone (well, except for the newbies) knows silver is due for a rather large dip (read buying opportunity), but the problem is this:

If it closes below 46.67 than correction levels are 39.97,34.05, 29.06
and this:

Close below 46.67 is to be watched for further downfall.
See, it closed ABOVE $46.67, yet the correction is still happening today. Trying to predict exact dollar amounts and inflection points is impossible (thus, the predicted "correction levels" will also be incorrect). There is no such thing as a perfect (read "to the cent") prediction.

Wrong again d-lod.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Maybe only a guess to you Argent but I consider it dead nuts on! I see only a shallow correction at most with the bedrock bottom at 38 bucks an ounce. Low 40's is more likely. Anybody thinking they are going to get 20 dollar or low 30 dollar Silver will not be getting any Silver. No soup for them!

Note: Any correction I am talking about is after we blow through 50 in a few weeks.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
A couple of people that I have tried to encourage to buy silver years ago are now interested. But they want to buy on a pull back. I agree there is probably a good deal of FRN waiting to get in. Pull backs will be brief and likely supply will become scarce and/or larger premiums. Should be interesting.
That's because a huge % of people come roaring in and buy the top of markets, then whine and cry when they get thier asses handed to them.

The tech bubble and housing was a great example of that.

Silver Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Maybe only a guess to you Argent but I consider it dead nuts on! I see only a shallow correction at most with the bedrock bottom at 38 bucks an ounce. Low 40's is more likely. Anybody thinking they are going to get 20 dollar or low 30 dollar Silver will not be getting any Silver. No soup for them!

Note: Any correction I am talking about is after we blow through 50 in a few weeks.
Someone last year encouraged me to consider moving as many FRNs as I could into Silver before Thanksgiving by hitting the dips. Ever since then I've been in financial run and don't know how I'll carry on.

I guess the only way to ease my pain is to throw some more FRNs at the problem this summer and swap for some Gold this fall.

I don't see how you all can carry on, especially with Irons losing so many boats. No wonder why he's so into hookers and blow.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
throw some more FRNs at the problem this summer and swap for some Gold this fall.
That is a a reasonable approach. I won't even attempt to improve upon it.

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
Next Wave? Ha HA HAA HAAA! If you are using Prechter's Wave Theory on PM's you have been slaughtered since 2001.However, even a broken watch is correct once a day, silver (and PM's) is/has been, and will be it's own unpredictable last resort animal of wealth.Corner "wealth", and PM's become a dangerous animal that will devour, attack, retreat, or even play dead.A close look at his charts (since 2001) always conveniently have many question marks imbedded that conveniently disappear until the next "wave".Good luck for the Prechterites-he has caused more wealth destruction than fiat-(at least those that have tried to apply his "science").

WHY PRECHTERIAN THEORY IS WRONG ON GOLD

Nelson Hultberg

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_03/hultberg020503.html
This ain't Prechter's Wave Theory 917601

And I do not own any prediction on this thread. This is simply my interpretation of the knowledge that has been postulated by masters and confirmed by many members of our fraternity.

Waves has been defined and proven entity of EW. The likes of Prechter, Alf Fields and many other just try to rational out their analysis. If I close my eyes and pretend Sun has not risen than I am denying myself of rightful knowledge.

Based on my interpretation I have just changed my 3kg of silver purchased in year 2000, to gold and that earned me twice gold, if I would have invested my FRN in gold then. I use my interpretation for building my wealth. I am retired at early age of 43, because of EW.

again thanks for your rightful critic, I appreciate your contrary views.

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner

True, but minimum 23% correction is rightful action , if silver needs to be in strong hands.

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
Here is an example of his "theory".
1? i? ii? iii? 2 i? ii? 3 i? ii? iii? iv? v? 4? i?.....suck in, rinse then repeat for all those trying to find a repeatable pattern for human events and behavior."There is nothing new under the sun" to include fear, greed, deception, and deceit.

Thanks for critical post. Please take your own time to go through this rare MONALISA of ew from Alf Field. And yes EW strongly represent
fear, greed, deception, and deceit
http://www.gold-eagle.com/research/fieldndx.html

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
Everyone (well, except for the newbies) knows silver is due for a rather large dip (read buying opportunity), but the problem is this:

and this:

See, it closed ABOVE $46.67, yet the correction is still happening today. Trying to predict exact dollar amounts and inflection points is impossible (thus, the predicted "correction levels" will also be incorrect). There is no such thing as a perfect (read "to the cent") prediction.

Wrong again d-lod.

Turner-son

Netdania's closing on 25 is 45.63, on 26 is 44.60 and it is well below 46.67. The next condition for a good correction is that in short term it should not travel above 47.75$

Believe me no body is perfect and it is human to err. again ew is result of collective wisdom.

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
a triangle is being formed in between 46.22 and 44.68 the consolidation will break to give direction for future action.

sholomar

regret missing 45 dollar silver? With all mine bought at 5-6 bucks I can't even fathom ever buying another ounce ever again in physical here. I'm too spoiled by low prices. I'll sit on my stash until silver hits maybe 100. No reason it shouldn't be priced at a 15 to 1 ratio with gold. But I won't be surprised if it crashes back down to 25 either. People think it will never happen. Who knows. Paper silver can supply a lot of the sheep without actually having to drain physical supplies. Paper silver artificially inflates supplies until an actual shortage takes place. This isn't a shortage, just speculators buying futures.

Lore

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Paper EVERYTHING is a casualty in hyperinflation. There will be no ETFs. There will be no futures. People will cash out everything they have for the real thing AT ANY PRICE.

How's that for an investment thesis?

d-lod

dawn
Silver Miner
This ain't Prechter's Wave Theory 917601

And I do not own any prediction on this thread. This is simply my interpretation of the knowledge that has been postulated by masters and confirmed by many members of our fraternity.

Waves has been defined and proven entity of EW. The likes of Prechter, Alf Fields and many other just try to rational out their analysis. If I close my eyes and pretend Sun has not risen than I am denying myself of rightful knowledge.

Based on my interpretation I have just changed my 3kg of silver purchased in year 2000, to gold and that earned me twice gold, if I would have invested my FRN in gold then. I use my interpretation for building my wealth. I am retired at early age of 43, because of EW.

again thanks for your rightful critic, I appreciate your contrary views.

EW IS VERY HELPFUL WITH RIGHT INTERPRETATIONS

Based on my interpretation I have just changed my 3kg of silver purchased in year 2000, to gold and that earned me twice gold, if I would have invested my FRN in gold then. I use my interpretation for building my wealth. I am retired at early age of 43, because of EW[/I

I don't monitor it regularly at all, but even if there is a correction of let's say $5, doesn't spot price basically minimize the savings "gained" in waiting for the correction? IOW, unless something like a 20% correction takes place, isn't the waiting for a correction that may not come, not worth the risk of missing the boat altogether, because spot price tends to minimize the effect? Just a question from a newb (me).