• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

spot price or dealer selling price?

I`m not selling any gold . I`m just curious what the average gold investor would base his selling price on if asked by someone to sell him/her 1 oz gold bar :

1) the current spot price
2) current spot price+average premium rate
3) current dealer asking price

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
For a friendly sale, I split the difference between spot price and dealer's price. That is the average of the 2 prices. Seller gets a little premium, and buyer saves a little premium.

[Win/Win]

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
i usually try to split between dealer sell.....and dealer buyback ........in a friendly transaction as dpong said

i use sell and buyback because spot sometimes like right now really doesnt represent the physical market.....spot minus 5% is usually what you can get sending your metal to a melter anytime

its worth something to me to make a green cash no risk no records sale

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
i usually try to split between dealer sell.....and dealer buyback ........in a friendly transaction as dpong said

i use sell and buyback because spot sometimes like right now really doesnt represent the physical market.....spot minus 5% is usually what you can get sending your metal to a melter anytime

its worth something to me to make a green cash no risk no records sale
Actually, that is what I meant to say.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I agree with the price being contingent on who is buying. Dealers need to make money. What is best for the seller if there is a profit realized.