• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Stay the hell away from hospitals unless its a true emergency

Avalon

Lawn Protected by Guns Of Avalon
Platinum Bling
Rambling of a rattled healthcare worker. The hospitals are in a panic. Do not go unless its a true life and death emercency. Not only are we overwhelmed but it is not safe for you to be there. Just yesterday I saw an ER patient in a stretcher being transported by a nurse in a helmet. The patient had no mask on and was coughing.

Let me tell you about my recent shift. I had three corona patients on Saturday. Two ended up testing negative and one was confirmed positive. What I saw with the negative patient was much scarier than with the confirmed case. An elderly lady in her 70s came in with a sore eye. NO fever, NO cough but low oxygen stats. She has low oxygen because of problems with her lungs and thats been happening for years. The poor lady with NO symptoms found herself in the middle of a corona ward with active patients. When I went into her room with my helmet and frightening gear she begged me to get her the hell out of there before she did catch the virus. They had taken her walker and she was trying to use the tray table as a walker to escape. She told me NO one had read her record. Her test later came back negative and she was sent to a different floor.

When I did the active patient who was confirmed he was coughing a lot and I was 12 inches from his face. I was lucky enough to be in a hospital that for now is using helmets. In one of of my other patients who later tested negative the nurse refused to share the one helmet and I went in with a n95 mask and a faceshield from my personal supply because I had stashed equipment years ago. I was not provided one. Here is the mood at the hospital. Many healthcare workers are on board for this but if our protective equipment is not there many will not come to work. I have a Manager who already refuses to come to work and is working from home. Wrap your head around that one. A Manager of a large critical hospital department is working from home barking directions to us on the phone. We just ignore him when he calls..LOL

We were also informed the hospital was running out of test kits and protective supplies are low. Its going to get ugly fast when that happens. In the meant time my bullshit meter is going off like crazy. WTF is really going on? We are shutting down an economy and possibly starting financial Armageddon. Something is very wrong with this whole picture.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Rambling of a rattled healthcare worker. The hospitals are in a panic. Do not go unless its a true life and death emercency. Not only are we overwhelmed but it is not safe for you to be there. Just yesterday I saw an ER patient in a stretcher being transported by a nurse in a helmet. The patient had no mask on and was coughing.

Let me tell you about my recent shift. I had three corona patients on Saturday. Two ended up testing negative and one was confirmed positive. What I saw with the negative patient was much scarier than with the confirmed case. An elderly lady in her 70s came in with a sore eye. NO fever, NO cough but low oxygen stats. She has low oxygen because of problems with her lungs and thats been happening for years. The poor lady with NO symptoms found herself in the middle of a corona ward with active patients. When I went into her room with my helmet and frightening gear she begged me to get her the hell out of there before she did catch the virus. They had taken her walker and she was trying to use the tray table as a walker to escape. She told me NO one had read her record. Her test later came back negative and she was sent to a different floor.

When I did the active patient who was confirmed he was coughing a lot and I was 12 inches from his face. I was lucky enough to be in a hospital that for now is using helmets. In one of of my other patients who later tested negative the nurse refused to share the one helmet and I went in with a n95 mask and a faceshield from my personal supply because I had stashed equipment years ago. I was not provided one. Here is the mood at the hospital. Many healthcare workers are on board for this but if our protective equipment is not there many will not come to work. I have a Manager who already refuses to come to work and is working from home. Wrap your head around that one. A Manager of a large critical hospital department is working from home barking directions to us on the phone. We just ignore him when he calls..LOL

We were also informed the hospital was running out of test kits and protective supplies are low. Its going to get ugly fast when that happens. In the meant time my bullshit meter is going off like crazy. WTF is really going on? We are shutting down an economy and possibly starting financial Armageddon. Something is very wrong with this whole picture.
Very disconcerting events....

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Thanks Avalon, my two sisters work in health care field. Thanks you for your service, stay healthy.

I am avoiding any reckless behavior which could force me to seek medical attention.

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Unfortunately many people are conditioned, or conditioned themselves, to go to the hospital or doctor at the drop of a hat. I had heard about this but then one day saw it for myself. I had taken someone from work into the ER for an injury and there was this Mexican family who had this small boy. He was sitting on the nurse's counter. He seemed ok to me. I heard the discussion about him having a fever. I know too many people who go to the doctor when they come down with a cold. They are told to do the same things anyone else does (rest, fluids, symptom meds). Yet the next time they feel the slightest thing they go again. I am of the mind they are either imbeciles or just missing having their mommies pad their bottoms.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++

Keep your head down, soldier. Whatever this turns out to be take care of yourself.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Thank you for the report Avalon. Best regards from Arkansas

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Thanks for the update Avalon. My daughter is an NP in a local hospital also. Hang in there!!

BTW, what's the helmet for?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Thanks for the update Avalon. My daughter is an NP in a local hospital also. Hang in there!!

BTW, what's the helmet for?
Keeping viral spit off your face.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My son is on the CV Team. Working damn' near around the clock (takes naps in a corner).

His quote: "STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THE HOSPITAL! DO NOT GO TO THE HOSPITAL!"

Maybe he should be clearer?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
OH, a face shield. Now that makes more sense. I'm slow :)
It could be that they're all on Rollerblades though these days to cut down time between patients. :)

Avalon

Platinum Bling
Keeping viral spit off your face.
The helmets have a shield but you still wear goggles underneath. They provide a seal around your mouth and there is a battery pack that keeps the air moving away from you. They are effective but very hard to preform high dexterity skills in .

Avalon

Platinum Bling
Unfortunately many people are conditioned, or conditioned themselves, to go to the hospital or doctor at the drop of a hat. I had heard about this but then one day saw it for myself. I had taken someone from work into the ER for an injury and there was this Mexican family who had this small boy. He was sitting on the nurse's counter. He seemed ok to me. I heard the discussion about him having a fever. I know too many people who go to the doctor when they come down with a cold. They are told to do the same things anyone else does (rest, fluids, symptom meds). Yet the next time they feel the slightest thing they go again. I am of the mind they are either imbeciles or just missing having their mommies pad their bottoms.
So true and its clogging the health system. Lordy when I was a kid back in the 60s you had to near death to see a Doctor.. LOL

Avalon

Platinum Bling
My son is on the CV Team. Working damn' near around the clock (takes naps in a corner).

His quote: "STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THE HOSPITAL! DO NOT GO TO THE HOSPITAL!"

Maybe he should be clearer?
Yup, my daughter has symptoms and I dont want her near a hospital or clinic!!! Tell your son he can't keep up that pace. If he doesnt sleep his immunity goes down. Your still Dad. Order him to bed for a day :)

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I've never been so happy that DW moved from being a floor nurse to being in the IT department last year. Then she got an email from her work last week telling her that they have the right to recall her to the floor if they have nursing shortages in the near future.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yet the next time they feel the slightest thing they go again. I am of the mind they are either imbeciles or just missing having their mommies pad their bottoms.
One of my friends ex-gf has a daughter that prolly averages 20 trips a year to the ER for what amounts to nothing. She's def in the imbecile category, as her mommie already pads her bottom regularly. Lol

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Thank You Avalon, Godspeed.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yup, my daughter has symptoms and I dont want her near a hospital or clinic!!! Tell your son he can't keep up that pace. If he doesnt sleep his immunity goes down. Your still Dad. Order him to bed for a day :)
Heh. This was the kid that when we invited his 3rd grade classmates to his birthday party -- he gave all his birthday presents to the kids there "because everybody is making a fuss over me, and they don't have any presents."

He knows. He also knows that if he stays home and somebody kicks the bucket... there it is, like we useta say.

He is stoked up with Vit C and turmeric, yada. This may well be his last hurrah anyway -- his farm is growing into a BIG undertaking (cue the giant raptor music). He has acres of 8' cyclone fence-pens, each of them with horned monster birds. He is just about done with the medical profession (except when he teaches as a med school prof).

So he plans to switch in perhaps a year of so to raising man-eating birdies.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Something is very wrong with this whole picture.
It's a financial reset posing as a virus.

The REPO markets are in a shambles. The 2008 'kicking the can down the road' has finally stopped.

That, and if you believe in 'conspiracies' "EVENT 201" was a recent meeting where they discussed what would happen IF a pandemic occurred. NOT what they'd do to ameliorate such a situation mind you. Kind of like PNAC discussed having a "Pearl Harbor-like event to get the people behind another war"...??

Not that anyone is 'conspiratorial' around here...

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
One of the things I read recently that would take heat off the conspiracy theory angle is that this virus has a greater adaptive nature. It can mutate and in fact already has so it presents a much greater danger than the flu strains
Ok, sounds reasonable......so why isn't that information front and center?
You'd think the biggest news story since 911, and affecting a great many more people, would tend to mention such things.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
When vira mutate it is usually to a less severe form. Survival of the fittest. If it kills the host too fast then there is less chance to reproduce. Nature would prefer it's babies to replicate whether human or virus.

Avalon

Platinum Bling
Heh. This was the kid that when we invited his 3rd grade classmates to his birthday party -- he gave all his birthday presents to the kids there "because everybody is making a fuss over me, and they don't have any presents."

He knows. He also knows that if he stays home and somebody kicks the bucket... there it is, like we useta say.

He is stoked up with Vit C and turmeric, yada. This may well be his last hurrah anyway -- his farm is growing into a BIG undertaking (cue the giant raptor music). He has acres of 8' cyclone fence-pens, each of them with horned monster birds. He is just about done with the medical profession (except when he teaches as a med school prof).

So he plans to switch in perhaps a year of so to raising man-eating birdies.
I hear you but sleep is a must. He has to get some decent sleep. The effects of sleep deprivation with added stress are horrendous.

Avalon

Platinum Bling
One of the things I read recently that would take heat off the conspiracy theory angle is that this virus has a greater adaptive nature. It can mutate and in fact already has so it presents a much greater danger than the flu strains
You'd think the biggest news story since 911, and affecting a great many more people, would tend to mention such things.
because something stinks to high heaven in this whole mess. We are being lied to. Trump may be being lied to.

Avalon

Platinum Bling
It's a financial reset posing as a virus.

The REPO markets are in a shambles. The 2008 'kicking the can down the road' has finally stopped.

That, and if you believe in 'conspiracies' "EVENT 201" was a recent meeting where they discussed what would happen IF a pandemic occurred. NOT what they'd do to ameliorate such a situation mind you. Kind of like PNAC discussed having a "Pearl Harbor-like event to get the people behind another war"...??

Not that anyone is 'conspiratorial' around here...
that makes as much sense as anything else I can think of.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
YES! Helicopter moms have ruined everything. No more playgrounds, contact sports, bikes, fireworks, "toughing it out", etc...

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
It's not mentioned because the media is too busy parsing every word Trump utters in order to try and make him look bad. That. Is. All. They. Do. lately.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It's not mentioned because the media is too busy parsing every word Trump utters in order to try and make him look bad. That. Is. All. They. Do. lately.
Cause it's all they got!

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
YES! Helicopter moms have ruined everything. No more playgrounds, contact sports, bikes, fireworks, "toughing it out", etc...
speaking of playgrounds, the cops took the time over the weekend to go up to our little neighborhood playground (2 swings, a slide, ladder and pole) and surrounded the whole thing with police caution tape.

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The fed is working on the virus expanding it's balance sheet as fast as it can, stay safe my guess is once the balance sheet crosses 6 trillion the virus will have started to run it's course, 8 trillion and we're home free.

SilverBuyer

Silver Member
Silver Miner
speaking of playgrounds, the cops took the time over the weekend to go up to our little neighborhood playground (2 swings, a slide, ladder and pole) and surrounded the whole thing with police caution tape.
Are you in a big city? That's ridiculous. I wouldn't even know anything has changed here other than the grocery store is busier every day and there isn't TP to be found anywhere.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Are you in a big city? That's ridiculous. I wouldn't even know anything has changed here other than the grocery store is busier every day and there isn't TP to be found anywhere.
no, a quiet suburb of a big city, obviously with not enough crime for the police to worry about.