• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Supreme Court strikes down New York law on concealed carry

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

The Supreme Court STRIKES DOWN a New York gun-control law that required people to show "proper cause" to get a license to carry a concealed handgun outside the home. The vote is 6-3.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Now what?
I don't expect them to comply immediately in California.
Even pepper spray is illegal in California (unless it is a small bottle.)
Even metal batons are illegal.
Many types of wood batons/tonfa are illegal.
Actually, most everything is illegal, in the broadly written laws--not that they are enforced in the fully general written laws.

Last edited:

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The next issue is the government revoking the 2A rights of "non-violent felons" having their 2A right taken away when their violation of a law was nether violent nor involved a firearm. JMHO

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone want to guess which way this case would've went had the hag gotten those three picks?

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Now for the Roe ruling....

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
The next issue is the government revoking the 2A rights of "non-violent felons" having their 2A right taken away when their violation of a law was nether violent nor involved a firearm. JMHO
Red flag laws.
They may use psych diagnoses (misuse).
The medical (political) route...

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Now what?
Even pepper spray in illegal in California (unless it is a small bottle.)
California is going to have much bigger things to worry about very soon now!

1656004750826.png

I wouldn't get all excited about this as the gun grabbers know how to play the game!

1656004838307.png

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Now what?
Even pepper spray is illegal in California (unless it is a small bottle.)
Many types of wood batons/tonfa are illegal.
Actually, most everything is illegal, in the broadly written laws--not that they are enforced in the fully general written laws.
any knife above 3" in length is verboten here in Leftist Controlled California

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Anyone want to guess which way this case would've went had the hag gotten those three picks?
yeah, i'll take the opposite approach...

we've got our weapons approved for immediate culling of one another...

we're not able to 'take "them" on', so, they're giving us permission to take each other out with full judicial court proceedings to commence once the body goes to the hospital or the morgue...

Be Very Aware, it's not been given to us because that's what We Want....

nope

:summer:

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Same here in NY. NYC is famous for inventing law on the fly.

Living on Long Island and working in the cesspool that is known as NYC, I see both NYC & NYS creating artificially large sensitive zones, slowing down the pistol license procedures from the current snail’s pace to something that makes plate tectonics look like a speed demon.

I have heard rumors that the NY State Department of Mental Health has been prepped with new overly broad and capriciously applicable definitions for mental illness so that authorities can easily trigger red flag laws, license revocation and outright seizure of firearms. All of course will be applied to non submissive citizens and not to the denizens who reside in cardboard boxes, underpasses and subway stations.

The liberals knew they were going to be taken down but make no mistake, they will take as many people with them as they can.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same here in NY. NYC is famous for inventing law on the fly.
I don't think we have any laws on knives here, or at the least there are very few. Certainly no size restriction.

I once found a machete laying in the street. I picked it up and stuck it into the grass along the curb just in case someone could use it. So in Ca they'd want to arrest me for that? I suppose that I did possess it for a few brief moments. lol

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Hell, My EDC pocket knife has a blade over 3".

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I don't think we have any laws on knives here, or at the least there are very few. Certainly no size restriction.

I once found a machete laying in the street. I picked it up and stuck it into the grass along the curb just in case someone could use it. So in Ca they'd want to arrest me for that? I suppose that I did possess it for a few brief moments. lol
The law states if you have a demonstrable use in your business or leisure activities then that knife is exempt from the law but countless tradesmen and fishermen have been charged and convicted in NYC. If they can’t convict you they can, and certainly will, bankrupt you with legal fees. This is how they enforce unjust laws.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

What you did was possibly illegal in California.
This is because the laws are written to be broad and vague.
I doubt if they would proscute, unless they had a special reason...

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Not that I would venture into the SH that is NYC, but the knife law is less than 4 inches.

New York City also prohibits the possession in public of a knife with a blade that is 4 or more inches regardless of whether any part of the knife, including the blade, is visible or concealed.

All knives verboten in the NYC subway. And to think I used to ride the #4 train from GCS to the trade center everyday.

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
The AP is a major reason why the country is divided in the first place! Fuk those azzholes!

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The AP is a major reason why the country is divided in the first place! Fuk those azzholes!
Not a fan of the AP, however, this article was well written.

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
New York City also prohibits the possession in public of a knife with a blade that is 4 or more inches regardless of whether any part of the knife, including the blade, is visible or concealed.
Тhat must be harsh for the sushi and Beni-Hana restaurants there. Or are they exempt because... restaurants? This seems a lot like the England law against knives because their gun laws just translated crime from guns to knives.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Biden Responds After Supreme Court Overturns New York Law on Carrying Concealed Weapons​

Tony Gray
by Tony Gray
June 23, 2022

President Joe Biden and New York State Governor Kathy Hochul condemned Thursday’s Supreme Court ruling that will upend New York gun control efforts.

New York State Rifle and Pistol Association’s victory in their case means the Empire State may no longer require gun owners to show “special cause” for unrestricted carry of guns.

“I am deeply disappointed by the Supreme Court’s ruling in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen,” President Joe Biden said Thursday. “Since 1911, the State of New York has required individuals who would like to carry a concealed weapon in public to show a need to do so for the purpose of self-defense and to acquire a license.”

The president bemoaned the high court’s decision that overturns more than one century of a perceived authority claimed by New York to regulate Second Amendment rights.

“This ruling contradicts both common sense and the Constitution, and should deeply trouble us all,” President Biden added.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

The Supreme Court STRIKES DOWN a New York gun-control law that required people to show "proper cause" to get a license to carry a concealed handgun outside the home. The vote is 6-3.

But muh deep state!?

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
“This ruling contradicts both common sense and the Constitution, and should deeply trouble us all,” President Biden added.
What this SPOS POTUS totally lacks.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
So when does the DOJ get a say on court rulings? Their job is to enforce laws not to add color commentary on them.

DOJ press release

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
So when does the DOJ get a say on court rulings? Their job is to enforce laws not to add color commentary on them.

DOJ press release

Once again, proving that it is "The Department of Just-Us" ! :totally steamed:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Biden Responds After Supreme Court Overturns New York Law on Carrying Concealed Weapons​

Tony Gray
by Tony Gray
June 23, 2022

President Joe Biden and New York State Governor Kathy Hochul condemned Thursday’s Supreme Court ruling that will upend New York gun control efforts.

New York State Rifle and Pistol Association’s victory in their case means the Empire State may no longer require gun owners to show “special cause” for unrestricted carry of guns.

“I am deeply disappointed by the Supreme Court’s ruling in New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen,” President Joe Biden said Thursday. “Since 1911, the State of New York has required individuals who would like to carry a concealed weapon in public to show a need to do so for the purpose of self-defense and to acquire a license.”

The president bemoaned the high court’s decision that overturns more than one century of a perceived authority claimed by New York to regulate Second Amendment rights.

China Joe Bidet - read my lips HAT !!

FJB.png

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My upstate county was a "shall issue" instead of a "may issue" county, so 30 odd years ago, I had no problems getting a CCP. I wonder how its changed, if it's still Republican, I have hope.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
it should have been a 'no issue' situation, right from the git-go (.gov should have had no issue with any of us owning whatever we wanted to as it indicates on that parchment)

our rights don't come from men, and then i was thinking: i wonder what type of armament god has...and i'll bet he doesn't have to keep it all locked up, fingeroffthetriggerselfies, all that hazardous-man-made-safety stuff

:summer:

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Red Flag laws are an obvious constitutional violation. If it makes through those congressional fags it will be struck down. Due PROCESS!!!!
"obvious constitutional violation"
I live in California.
(Almost) Everything is basically illegal here.
That includes pepper spray (unless it is a small container.)

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
My upstate county was a "shall issue" instead of a "may issue" county, so 30 odd years ago, I had no problems getting a CCP. I wonder how its changed, if it's still Republican, I have hope.
Are you still living in NY FR?

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Just shot steel challange in the blazing sun 84 degrees, thank goodness it wasn't humid. Dying, give me the cold, but take the taxes.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
If the NYS licensing scheme is unconstitutional I wonder how NY is going to defend pistol registration that goes hand in hand with their may issue license that is now defunct?

Politicians and judges make a lot of money under the table pushing through licenses and then having restrictions removed. Looks like the Democrats lost another income stream.

This is going to get interesting as challenges to magazine restrictions and so called evil black rifle bans.

Remember, the burden is now on the government and not the citizens.

Then again, we saw the games DC played after Heller. Emily Miller did a fantastic job documenting those shenanigans.