• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Art of making Colloidal Silver / Silver Ions / Electrically Isolated Silver

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Abe, have you considered eBay?
This does not fit eBay, Amazon, or anything that comes between the producer and the consumer. If anything, I am deliberately trying to get around that paradigm. These platforms do everything they can to keep the producer and consumer separate. I want to know what's happening with my products. In a way, I am recruiting dealers. I need to talk with them first. I want as many people as possible to realize the great benefit of making their own EIS.
I'm trying to stick to the spirit of "the art of making colloidal silver."

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
My nebulizer arrived in the mail this evening. After reading what I needed to read to assemble and operate I fill the Medicine compartment w/ 8 ml of 50ppm EIS and gave myself my 1st prophylactic treatment. I only went through about 4ml but did my old deep breathing exercise I did for prolong swimming underwater. My pulmonary doctor and her P.A. always commented on my ability to do deep breaths. So I know I am fairly well saturated and did a lot of inhaling through my nose to get to those sinus passages.
Now, Time will tell.
This is my prophylactic treatment to prevent a WuFlu attack.
DYODD,
WAOOR.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
My nebulizer arrived in the mail this evening. After reading what I needed to read to assemble and operate I fill the Medicine compartment w/ 8 ml of 50ppm EIS and gave myself my 1st prophylactic treatment. I only went through about 4ml but did my old deep breathing exercise I did for prolong swimming underwater. My pulmonary doctor and her P.A. always commented on my ability to do deep breaths. So I know I am fairly well saturated and did a lot of inhaling through my nose to get to those sinus passages.
Now, Time will tell.
This is my prophylactic treatment to prevent a WuFlu attack.
DYODD,
WAOOR.
I have been using one for 4 months. At first it made me cough with every breath. I finally got rid of the cough & use it regularly.
Truly, I don't see any effect from it, but it makes sense to use it. :don't know:

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Abe, have you considered eBay?
This does not fit eBay, Amazon, or anything that comes between the producer and the consumer. If anything, I am deliberately trying to get around that paradigm. These platforms do everything they can to keep the producer and consumer separate. I want to know what's happening with my products. In a way, I am recruiting dealers. I need to talk with them first. I want as many people as possible to realize the great benefit of making their own EIS.
I'm trying to stick to the spirit of "the art of making colloidal silver."

Abe, just a thought:
You could put contact data/request inside the box, along with the instructions. That should give you the contact with your customer.
Just a thought, 'cause I, too, would like to see you get your products more widely distributed.
I give away samples of "Ultra" EIS , diluted to 20/22 PPM & many of my friends have found it very effective for curing minor skin issues, like dandruff, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea & seborrheic dermatitis.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I have been using one for 4 months. At first it made me cough with every breath. I finally got rid of the cough & use it regularly.
Truly, I don't see any effect from it, but it makes sense to use it. :don't know:
It helped rid a cough didn't it ?
That is an irritation and silver is known to ease pain in nerve endings. Silver is the #1 metal used for burn victims. Helps control infection and reduce pain/discomfort.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I give away samples of "Ultra" EIS , diluted to 20/22 PPM & many of my friends have found it very effective for curing minor skin issues, like dandruff, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea & seborrheic dermatitis.
Works on sunburns too. Jus' Sayin'

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Promising cure to URTI pandemics, including the Avian Flu (H5N1): has the final solution to the coming plagues been discovered? (Part I)
Citation metadata

Article Preview :
Abstract
BACKGROUND: Recently Rentz (2003) published a convincing retrospective, peer-reviewed treatise on a highly advanced, effective and safe virotoxic oligodynamic silver ([Ag.sup.+]) hydrosol, making the case that it is the agent of choice to combat SARS. (1) The works of Goetz (1940), (2) Berger et al (1976), (3) Simonetti et al (1992), (4) Russel et al (1994), (5) and Crocker and Grier (1998) (6) collectively established that electrolytically produced oligodynamic [Ag.sup.+] hydrosol provides the ideal speciation of bioactive [Ag.sup.+] completely harmless to mammals, in contrast to other colloidal silver or silver salt speciations that are predominantly inactive and potentially toxic to mammals. They also established that oligodynamic [Ag.sup.+] hydrosol possesses fabulous virotoxic properties. Comprehensive studies conducted by NASA (circa 1970) on a crude oligodynamic [Ag.sup.+] hydrosol preparation offer a compelling argument that today's highly advanced oligodynamic [Ag.sup.+] hydrosols may be the solution to lessening the impact of viral plagues. With today's advancement in [Ag.sup.+] processing technology, at least one commercially available, cost-effective oligodynamic [Ag.sup.+] hydrosol is (a) proven to be over 95% bioactive per volume, with (b) an unprecedented surface area of activity (i.e., 6 [km.sup.2] per gram Ag), that provides (c) an ideal concentration factor of < 25 ppm, in (d) an ideal liquid medium.
CONCLUSION: The pharmacology of advanced oligodynamic [Ag.sup.+] hydrosol shows great promise to easily overwhelm key defensive mechanisms of URTI resistance in general, including H5N1. Additional clinical studies are warranted to further demonstrate the efficacy and compatibility of per os virotoxic oligodynamic [Ag.sup.+] hydrosol, as well as investigational intravenous and nebulized (aerosol) protocols.
Key words: URTI pandemics, H5N1, oligodynamic [Ag.sup.+] hydrosol pharmacology, microbial defenses, microbial resistance, conventional treatments, effective protocol development, hyposmolarity, sorbitol.
Introduction
During the past 300 years, humanity has suffered ten pandemics and several epidemic scares. Could the solution to pandemics have a simple answer? Has nature always held the key to defeating pathogens in a simple [Ag.sup.+] molecule?
Commonly known as the flu or the grippe, influenza is a contagious disease of the upper respiratory tract caused by viruses from the orthomyxoviridae family, all RNA viruses. (7) Generally, human Influenzavirus starts with direct human contact with sick poultry and other animals. (8,9)
The orthomyxoviridae family is divided into three types--Influenzavirus A, B, and C. Each type is differentiated by its respective "antigenic" nucleoprotein and matrix protein dissimilarities. (10)
Because two main "antigenic" surface glycoproteins of Influenzavirus A are prone to significant mutation, this virus requires further classification into subtypes. The Influenza A virus is a species of the genus influenzavirus A. There are multiple subtypes of Influenza A. The H5N1 virus is a direct descendent of the Spanish Flu virus, a subtype of Influenza A. Influenzavirus B and C do not have subtypes. However, Influenzavirus B and the subtypes of Influenzavirus A are further classified into strains. (11) The H5N1 subtype alone has more than 400 different strains. (12) Only Influenzavirus A may cause pandemics.
Influenzavirus A infects people, wild birds, domestic poultry, horses, pigs, and other animals. Wild birds are the...

cameo

Silver Miner
Reaction score
Got to ask as I don't know and maybe one of you do know. If you were to have say, hemorrhoids and shoved a silver bullet up your --- would it cure them?

I doubt it, although if you were to FART, it might "cure" someone standing behind you .........

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
(Part II)
Article Preview :
Virotoxicity of Oligodynamic Silver

Viruses cause most upper respiratory tract infections (URTIs), such as adenovirus, coronavirus, coxsackievirus, influenza virus, parainfluenza virus, respiratory syncytial virus, and rhinovirus, which account for the majority of cases. (1) A broad-spectrum anti-viral agent that really works is needed to combat over 200 viruses that cause URTIs. (2) Undoubtedly oligodynamic silver fits this bill.

Emerging medical studies confirm the stellar, broad-spectrum virotoxic efficacy of oligodynamic silver both in vitro and in vivo. This includes some of the most formidable viral organisms like HIV (including co-infections) (3-11) and Herpesvirus hominis (HSV). (12-18) Despite the low yields of oligodynamic silver of the past 100 years common to silver-based drugs, the collective authoritative medical literature has documented efficacy of silver's virotoxicity against over 24 viruses. For the viruses relevant to URTIs, the following are known to succumb to oligodynamic silver:

Adenovirus; (19,20)

Coxsackie virus type B-3 (CB-3); (21)

Influenzae (strains not identified); (22-24)

Influenza A; (25,26)

Influenza B (Haemophilus influenzae); (27)

Rhinovirus type 1A; (28) and

HSV-(URTI), as referenced above.

Bactericidal Properties of Oligodynamic Silver in URTI

Oligodynamic silver's antimicrobial efficacy extends well beyond its virotoxicity. Oligodynamic silver's lethal effects span across all microbial domains (viral, bacterial, and fungal). The following URTI-related bacteria are known to be susceptible to oligodynamic silver:

Beta hemolytic streptococci, (29-38) which causes tonsillopharyngeal cellulitis, tonsillopharyngeal abscess (39) (including reduced nasopharangeal abscesses), (40) otitis media, (41-43) plus sinusitis, (44-46) and up to ten percent of cases of adult pharyngitis (47) and the associated condition, and scarlet fever; (48)

Bordetella pertussis; (73,74) (causes less than 10% of acute tracheobronchitis cases); Spring Catarrh (obsolete nomenclature); (83) and Pneumococci (84)/Pneumonia; (85) And finally, inflammatory conditions of the eyes, ears, nose, and throat. (77-82)

Streptococcus pneumoniae; (49) Corynebacterium diphtheriae; (50-53) Neisseria gonorrhoeae; (54-60) Herpesvirus hominis (HSV); (61-68) Klebsiella pneumoniae; (69-71) Haemophilus influenzae; (72) Mycobacterium (Tuberculosis); (75,76)

Case History

Perhaps oligodynamic silver's most compelling nature lies in its ability to successfully eradicate pervasive primary and secondary co-infections simultaneously. A major, double-blind, controlled trial concerning advanced AIDS candidiasis and immunity-suppressing moieties demonstrated complete sero-negative conversion after a single treatment with oligodynamic silver hydrosol! The studies were conducted at Lucha Contra el Sida, Comayaguela, Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Central America.

Quoting from the study, "Furthermore, said devices [silver oxide hydrosol] are capable of killing pathogens and purging the bloodstream of immune suppressing moieties (ISM) whether or not created by the AIDS virus (HIV), so as to restore the immune system." (86) (Brackets added by authors.)

This single treatment delivered a total of 200 mg of silver for a 70 kilogram patient, well within the lowest observed adverse event level (LOAEL) established by the EPA for injected silver. (87) Unlike picoscalar oligodynamic silver hydrosol devoid of silver oxide, the former required activation into an oligodynamic state with persulfate. Nevertheless, the results were astounding.

Pharmacology

Pharmacokinetics is concerned with how the body affects the Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, and Excretion (ADME) of the silver-based drug:

(1) Time course of Absorption: The absorption of picoscalar silver hydrosol is nearly...
Source Citation
Gordon, Eric, and Ken Holtorf. "Promising cure to URTI pandemics, including the Avian Flu (H5N1): has the final solution to the coming plagues been discovered? (Part I)." Townsend Letter: The Examiner of Alternative Medicine, no. 271-272, Feb.-Mar. 2006, p. 61+. Accessed 14 July 2020.

Last edited:

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this site: The Difference Between... and their article on the Difference Between Nano Silver and Colloidal Silver.
It's chemistry and it's detailed, and, to the best of my knowledge, accurate. BF

Your Knowledge is lacking.
From the article: "...However, colloidal silver can be toxic to the human body and can cause discolouration of the skin, eye, organs, nails, and gums. Therefore, it is now considered that colloidal silver is an alternative medicine that is not much effective or safe. "....

1st off IF CS is made properly ( ONLY: electrolysis, 999 fine or better Silver electrodes, distilled water, low electrical power) then that first sentence is FALSE. Look for yourself across the entire Internet. NOT ONE CS user using the above practices has ever been diagnosed with any of those symptoms.
PEOPLE who have cheated the above procedure by taking short cuts, adding anything else to the production, do risk argyria. Those symptoms the article identifies.

The second sentence is with the blessing of Big Pharma as EIS/CS gores their precious bull of patented antibiotics. Even though third-party impartial scientists have found that EIS/CS magnifies the effectiveness of their patented antibiotics.
Of course Big Pharma pulls the strings of the FDA and AMA as All three co-mingle their executives in support of one another and the cash-cow itself BIG PHARMA.

DYODD.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
saving grace there is "can be" — one of those save-your-ass modifiers <heh>
BF
"can be" Water can be a killer too. Not only drown in a tablespoon down into the lungs, but drinking to much to quickly can too.
Remember the woman who wanted to win a Wii for her kids Christmas. Hold YOUR PEE for a Wii. Died of Water Overdose.

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Just stumbled across this site: The Difference Between... and their article on the Difference Between Nano Silver and Colloidal Silver.
It's chemistry and it's detailed, and, to the best of my knowledge, accurate.

BF
Yes, it is accurate in so far as detailing the difference between colloidal and nanosilver. Chemical processes produce nanosilver and colloidal silver. It consists of agglomerations of silver atoms "molecules" raging in size 10 nm and upwards. For the readers of this thread, it is of historical interest only. We use electronic methods to generate silver ions. They are single atoms of silver, less than 1 nm in size. Silver ions are more effective.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
POSSIBLE TREATMENT from this EIS Guinea Pig:
It was Lawn mowing day today. I do mine and two neighbor ladies with medical issues. I had notice the last few times cutting grass I would get Hay Fever like symptom: Runny Nose, Dry throat cough, some tearing.
In the past this runs its course by the next morning.
Today ,once I got done cutting, my nose was running like a faucet. I could not blow it out with a paper towel.
I grabbed my brand new nebulizer and through watery eyes filled the basin with 8ml of straight 50ppm EIS. Punched the button and put the mask on for some deep inhales through my nose the first few minutes. My nose and eyes cleared up almost immediately. I started doing deep mouth breathing along with inhaling through my nose.
Within a half an hour not only was my nose and eyes clear the coughing had stopped too.

If anyone else has these issues give this a try with a nublizer, or even a cool-mist vaporizer ( make sure the mist is hitting you in the face or TENT OVER as one would with cold and flu symptoms. A CPAP machine with EIS in the tank will probably work too.

Something to consider.
DYODD,
WAOOR,

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The Atlantic is making vital coverage of the coronavirus available to all readers.
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...ail&utm_term=0_c9dfd39373-0c2a3fff6f-43488673
I found the information on immunology very useful.
I found one of the articles should be unusually even-handed in discussing colloidal silver.
it is by and Atlantic staff writer OLGA KHAZAN
JUNE 22, 2020
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/06/does-colloidal-silver-work-covid-19/613177/
"The state of Missouri recently filed suit against the televangelist Jim Bakker for promoting a “Silver Solution” for the coronavirus on his show. And last month, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration went to court to stop an Oklahoma company called N-Ergetics from allegedly touting colloidal silver as a cure for everything from the coronavirus to yeast infections. (“Jim Bakker is being unfairly targeted by those who want to crush his ministry and force his Christian television program off the air,” Jay Nixon, Bakker’s attorney and the former governor of Missouri, said in a statement. “Bakker did not claim or state that Silver Solution was a cure for COVID-19.” And in a statement to the Tulsa World, N-Ergetics said, “To the best of our knowledge, we are in compliance.”)
What’s happening here seems deeper than snake-oil salesmen foisting useless potions on people. All of these silver peddlers are tapping into a real interest in the stuff. Colloidal silver enjoys a devout following online among people who believe it can cure a number of diseases. Before the site was shut down, demand for My Doctor Suggests’s products was surging, and Pedersen was paying a separate company an average of $10,000 a week to fulfill orders.
Unlike Pedersen’s or Bakker’s, though, most colloidal-silver brewers are homespun operations in which people make the silver themselves or buy it in small quantities from a trusted source. Devotees say its effects have been nearly miraculous for various ailments, including suspected COVID-19 cases. They flock to Facebook groups to discuss the best ways to prepare the solution and share success stories.
Though topical silver can be used in wound care, almost all mainstream scientists say colloidal silver doesn’t do much of anything—except, in extreme cases, turn a person’s skin blue. Most doctors would say these individuals’ positive experiences are most likely the result of a placebo effect, or of the disease resolving on its own. According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, silver has “no known function or benefits in the body when taken by mouth.”
Nevertheless, people’s deep faith in colloidal silver speaks to how the uncertainty of COVID-19 has fueled a desire for alternative remedies. Crises such as the current pandemic are a prime time for sham cures, fraud experts told me, because people are isolated, afraid, and willing to do whatever it takes to protect themselves.
More so now than normally, people feel let down and ripped off by medical professionals. There’s no proven treatment for the coronavirus, and advice about how to stave it off seems to shift from week to week. Some people now look at “natural” remedies such as silver and think, At least this won’t hurt me.
In April, Alyss H. had spent weeks gasping for breath, and she was desperate for relief. Alyss, a 34-year-old who lives in Oklahoma City, had been following the spread of the novel coronavirus since it was first identified in China in December. (She asked me to use only her first name and last initial to protect her family’s privacy.) She learned about the R0 number, and understood that quarantines were a possibility in the United States. She was worried about her family.
Her nightmare, it seemed, had come true. Alyss had body aches, a bad sore throat, and a persistent burning in her chest, and antibiotics weren’t working. She started researching colloidal silver in medical journals, and she began corresponding on Facebook with a British man, Jim Ryan, who appeared to have a lot of information on the subject.
She followed the instructions for making colloidal silver the way Ryan suggested. She placed two strands of silver wire in a flask of water on top of a hot plate set to 160 degrees. She hooked a battery to the silver, and kept the wire submerged until the water turned urine yellow. This process, Ryan said, releases the silver particles into the water. Then, Alyss drank the water, making sure to keep it in her mouth for a few minutes and sloshing it under her tongue.
Two days later, she told me, she felt better. She still drinks about 20 milliliters of colloidal silver two or three times daily—five times a day if she’s feeling sick. Alyss seems to understand why the FDA is cracking down on colloidal-silver manufacturers. But, she said, what other options are there? She’s still not sure whether she had COVID-19, but doctors sent her home to convalesce alone for weeks. “My recommendation is to fight it,” she said. “Fight it with everything you have.” Including silver.
Ryan, the man who taught her about the silver, has been into colloidal silver for more than two decades. A 48-year-old tattoo artist and a helicopter pilot from Devon, Ryan blasted me with a torrent of silver’s glories during our phone call. “It doesn’t actually kill the virus,” he explained, sounding like a rapid-fire Ozzy Osbourne. “It literally stops, it prevents the bacteria or the virus from doing its job, which is to cause that chest infection that leads to pneumonia.”
He and others I interviewed wanted to let me know that the infamous “blue man”—Paul Karason, who appeared on the Today show in 2008 with violet skin from a supposed silver overdose—was actually drinking too much of it, and in the wrong formulation, and for decades. But, they were sure to add, he didn’t get sick.
Ryan, too, used a colloidal-silver solution on himself and his daughter when they had what he thought was COVID-19. “It turns COVID into a mere sniffle,” he assured me.
Perhaps expectedly, doctors push back against this idea. David Gorski, a surgical oncologist at the Karmanos Cancer Institute and the managing editor of the pseudoscience-debunking blog Science-Based Medicine, told me via email that Ryan and others are simply confusing correlation and causation. “Without a placebo or no-treatment control, there’s no way of knowing if the person would have gotten better anyway,” he said. “This is particularly true for a disease with such a variable level of severity as COVID-19, which can range from asymptomatic to mild symptoms to life-threatening.”
Still, there’s an element of seeing-for-yourself-ness among the silver stans. Ryan emphasized that he likes to research “both sides of the coin” and to question official narratives. His daughter is unvaccinated. He and others said they did months of research before they jumped into the silver world. They had this sense that there was a body of information that experts don’t want you to know, and they were lucky to have figured it out.
In central Wisconsin, Dawn Louise—who also didn’t want me to use her full name for privacy reasons—says she found success using colloidal silver for her Lyme disease and shingles. When her 40-year-old daughter started having COVID-19 symptoms recently, with plummeting oxygen and shortness of breath, Dawn gave some to her. In 48 hours, Dawn told me, her daughter could breathe again.
When I told Dawn that Pedersen and others had been shut down because they were considered fraudulent, she wasn’t surprised at all—nor was she daunted. In her mind, it was a sign that the substance works, but there wasn’t an opportunity for Big Pharma to capitalize on it. “They don’t want that found out, the truth that it actually does work,” she said. “They want to get their patent on it so they can make it a prescription.”
COVID-19 is a brand-new, deadly condition about which little is known, which can appear to strike at random, and which has no cure. “It’s very fear-arousing,” Michael Goldstein, a sociologist and a complementary- and alternative-medicine expert at UCLA, told me. That kind of situation primes people to seek out unconventional remedies, to try to regain some of the power that’s been stripped away by a scary new menace. Or as Alyss put it to me, “we all wanted to have control in our lives, and it felt like a possibility to have control.”
People who are into untested treatments such as colloidal silver—or even ever-so-slightly-more-evidence-based treatments such as Reiki or acupuncture—are commonly derided as crackpots. But in many cases, experts say, they are drawn to these New Age-y cures because of bad experiences they’ve had with conventional medicine. “Most people don’t start by going to some kind of alternative provider,” Goldstein said. “They start by going to the doctor, and they find that whatever the doctor has to offer doesn’t really help them in a way that they want to be helped. So that skepticism is one of the things that leads people to say, Well, the next time I have this problem, I’m going to go to a chiropractor or an acupuncturist.”
This is especially true when people are weighing what seems like a safe medication—and silver does seem safe, to them—against the deadly consequences of certain prescription drugs, such as opioids. Though few responsible doctors would prescribe opioids for COVID-19, President Donald Trump has recently encouraged people to take the antimalarial hydroxychloroquine. When a man in Arizona tried to take a fish-tank cleaner with a similar name, he died.
Some experts warn that untested remedies such as colloidal silver may, too, become more damaging once a coronavirus vaccine becomes available. If people begin rejecting the vaccine in favor of “alternative” treatments, it will greatly reduce our ability to reach herd immunity and reopen society. “One of the things that I will be monitoring is whether or not some of that group that plans to refuse the vaccine is doing so because they think that other treatments—alternative treatments—will get the job done,” Matthew Motta, a political-science professor at Oklahoma State University, told me. “That to me is potentially very scary.”
Compared with prescription drugs, silver might seem more “natural” to some people, Maria Chao, the associate director of research at the University of California San Francisco’s Osher Center for Integrative Medicine, told me. People tend to be drawn to such organic-seeming cures because they see illness as a violation of the natural, healthy state of the world, according to Alan Levinovitz, a religion professor at James Madison University and the author of the recent book Natural, about people’s faith in nature. “Naturalness represents that which is good, and that which will return us to health,” Levinovitz told me.
Simmering a pair of silver wires and drinking the resulting mixture also serves as a kind of ritual, and rituals can help us feel better about things when little else can. (Just think of all the “morning ritual” literature out there.) “It’s about symbolic empowerment,” Levinovitz said. “These are rituals that people can do when they’ve lost confidence in an establishment.”
And why wouldn’t they have lost confidence in conventional medicine? Pharmaceutical companies actually did lie about the addictive nature of prescription opioids. People get rushed to hospitals, only to face confounding, towering bills later. Less nefariously, but still significantly, some public-health experts were telling us not to wear masks as recently as a month ago. The internet brims with misinformation, such as the kind Keane, the blogger, stumbled on, about what can and cannot kill the coronavirus.
None of this means that unscrupulous silver scammers shouldn’t go unpunished, or that even more people should consider taking colloidal silver for COVID-19. But it should, perhaps, help us understand why people believe in something dubious at a time when there isn’t much to believe in.
At one point in our interview about colloidal silver, Chao, a professor who has multiple advanced degrees from Columbia University, admitted that while she doesn't know when she would ever actually take silver, “I have a bottle of it in my medicine cabinet.”
We want to hear what you think about this article. Submit a letter to the editor or write to letters@theatlantic.com.
OLGA KHAZAN is a staff writer at The Atlantic and the author of Weird: The Power of Being an Outsider in an Insider World.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
More so now than normally, people feel let down and ripped off by medical professionals
Well, That sums up my current feelings in a nut shell.
EIS/CS has helped me with Herpes and Zosters where Big Pharma didn't.
I haven't had an outbreak since I learned of CS/EIS (20+ yrs). Where Big Pharma's creams and pills crap NEVER stop ONE of my outbreaks.
If I feel a tingle where I use to get an outbreak I use my hand lotion with EIS mixed. If it is my lip I use aloe vera gel that I mixed in EIS and keep dabbing it on the spot. I also up my intake of EIS orally/sublingually as long as possible and swallow the rest. Two to three time a day. Most of the time the tingle is gone by next morning or later the second day.
NEVER had those kind of results with any "Poison/ Potion" of Big Pharma's and their lackie Docs. YMMV

DYODD,
WAOOR,

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Since I started this thread in 2014, we have seen one study after another for this or that latest silver nanoparticles. All produced by some unique process that is patented. All of these studies show the wonderful effects of their particular substance against infectious agents. I have believed that the effectiveness of these various wonderful new nanosilver concoctions was that once they enter our body, they eventually come into contact with the oxygen, resulting in the release of silver ions. Single silver' ions with a negative charge. Here is a report that exposes the entire scam:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5855666/

I quote from the "Summary and Conclusions."
"We presented the similarities and differences in the mode of silver action on Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. We noticed a gap in knowledge about the molecular mechanism of bacteria, both Gram-positive and Gram-negative, to silver nanoparticles. If we assume that silver nanoparticles are silver ions source, it is possible that the molecular mechanism of bacterial resistance is analogue to mechanism described for Ag+. If there is another way of antibacterial toxicity of silver nanoparticles, it is likely that different mechanisms of resistance to silver nanoparticle exist, for both Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria. The variety of silver nanoforms causes that every product with silver nanoparticles should be considered separately as a compound with different physico-chemical properties, different mode of action and different mechanisms of resistance."

Last edited:

cameo

Silver Miner
Reaction score
I clicked on the link ............... and got a severe headache just reading the first couple of paragraphs !!!

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I clicked on the link ............... and got a severe headache just reading the first couple of paragraphs !!!
Yeah, I don't read that much unless there are comic frames with Iron Man, Thor, and Batman artwork.
I'm glad A.be. is here to provide the Cliff Notes version.
Thanx buddy.

cameo

Silver Miner
Reaction score
Well, That sums up my current feelings in a nut shell.
EIS/CS has helped me with Herpes and Zosters where Big Pharma didn't.
I haven't had an outbreak since I learned of CS/EIS (20+ yrs). Where Big Pharma's creams and pills crap NEVER stop ONE of my outbreaks.
If I feel a tingle where I use to get an outbreak I use my hand lotion with EIS mixed. If it is my lip I use aloe vera gel that I mixed in EIS and keep dabbing it on the spot. I also up my intake of EIS orally/sublingually as long as possible and swallow the rest. Two to three time a day. Most of the time the tingle is gone by next morning or later the second day.
NEVER had those kind of results with any "Poison/ Potion" of Big Pharma's and their lackie Docs. YMMV

DYODD,
WAOOR,

I assume by "ZOSTERS" you mean SHINGLES ??? Has the C/S helped you with the Shingles pain between outbreaks ???

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I assume by "ZOSTERS" you mean SHINGLES ??? Has the C/S helped you with the Shingles pain between outbreaks ???
ZOSTERS are the medical term for sore spots/bumps that develop on the side of my index fingers when I was having an outbreak. I figured I inoculated myself by placing Dr. prescribed lotion/meds on the Herpes outbreaks on my lips by using my finger.
I have never had an outbreak of Shingles so IDK. I know my SIL had an outbreak and it looked like large patches of inflamed skin all over her body.
Anyway No more "Cold Sores" on my lips, No more sore spots on my index fingers. The 1st sign I get of a tingle ( A warning signe for me) I lather on my creams mixed with 50ppm EIS, and amp up to a shot glasses of 50ppm EIS 3 times a day until the tingle is gone.
I hold the EIS in my mouth under my tongue as long as possible at least 3-5 mins.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Since I started this thread in 2014, we have seen one study after another for this or that latest silver nanoparticles. All produced by some unique process that is patented. All of these studies show the wonderful effects of their particular substance against infectious agents. I have believed that the effectiveness of these various wonderful new nanosilver concoctions was that once they enter our body, they eventually come into contact with the oxygen, resulting in the release of silver ions. Single silver' ions with a negative charge. Here is a report that exposes the entire scam:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5855666/

I quote from the "Summary and Conclusions."
"We presented the similarities and differences in the mode of silver action on Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. We noticed a gap in knowledge about the molecular mechanism of bacteria, both Gram-positive and Gram-negative, to silver nanoparticles. If we assume that silver nanoparticles are silver ions source, it is possible that the molecular mechanism of bacterial resistance is analogue to mechanism described for Ag+. If there is another way of antibacterial toxicity of silver nanoparticles, it is likely that different mechanisms of resistance to silver nanoparticle exist, for both Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria. The variety of silver nanoforms causes that every product with silver nanoparticles should be considered separately as a compound with different physico-chemical properties, different mode of action and different mechanisms of resistance."

Multiple modes of action is a good thing. And almost had to be true since it effects so many different things, fungi, viruses, bacteria etc.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I have taken the plunge and joined the cs/eis crowd. My ultra-hg will be in the mail tomorrow.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Found a new possible use. Scrubbed the entire front of the house siding of mold and mildew. Then took my leftover eis and sprayed half. The other half I used a chemical mold inhibitor. Will see which lasts longer.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Started getting a sinus infection yesterday at work...sinus headache all morning, yellow goo being blown out last night. I started using about 1/2 oz 10ppm EIS (made here at my house, thanks @abeland1 for your system!) in my nasal rinse and now it's all cleared up.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Yep, Not everything has ti be "High Test or Premium". "Regular": CS 10-15 ppms works just find on most things and issues too. Sometimes it may take a little longer or use more often.

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Started getting a sinus infection yesterday at work...sinus headache all morning, yellow goo being blown out last night. I started using about 1/2 oz 10ppm EIS (made here at my house, thanks @abeland1 for your system!) in my nasal rinse and now it's all cleared up.
Sinusitis is the reason I discovered colloidal silver over 30 years ago. I had been suffering from sinus infections my entire life. My work involved frequent travel all over the world. At each destination, within a few days, I would come down with a sinus infection. I would seek help from the local medical community, which would result in the injection of the latest antibiotic. That would usually clear it up in a few days. I had a long history of trying to remedy this situation. I had seen many ears, nose, and throat specialists and allergists and even had an operation, an SMR (subcutaneous membrane restructure), but I was still subject to infections. I was then, and I still am, disdainful of “alternative medicine.” I was in Las Vegas on a job and had been unable to work for three days. I had been bedridden with a fever that would break and reappear, drink a lot of water, and “sweat it out.” I was awake in the middle of the night and listening to an all-night radio program that featured guests promoting various “wacko” subjects, from flying saucers to conspiracy theories.

One of these guests was promoting colloidal silver. He sounded more rational than the usual people on this program. I had not been aware that silver had been used extensively as an antimicrobial before the introduction of antibiotics. The next morning I called the local health food store and ordered an 8-ounce bottle of the colloidal silver they recommended. They sent it over by a taxi, and the driver delivered it to my hotel room. It came with a dropper, and I started to flood my sinus cavities with it. Within two hours, all my symptoms disappeared. I was determined to never be without this remedy in the future.

A few months later, I went to the Philippines for what was to be a relatively long term assignment. I had been using the colloidal silver I bought in Las Vegas, and it was preventing any recurrence of my sinus problems. I was down to my last few ounces, so I called the health food store in Las Vegas and told them I wanted more of the same thing. They said that they had switched to a new, improved version. So I accepted this and ordered. I received a dark, amber-colored substance with a vinegar-like taste and was very different from what I expected. I decided to find out precisely what “colloidal silver” was and how to make it. Being an electrical engineer, I was more fortunate in this endeavor than most people in this endeavor. The process of electrolysis was no mystery to me, and Michael Faraday I regarded as an old friend. On researching what the “state-of-the-art” for making this substance was, it was apparent that no electronics expertise was applied. I bought some pure silver, 999, and proceeded to make my own.

When I started the thread, the intent was to “clean up” the subject of making colloidal silver. There existed a great deal of misinformation about making colloidal silver. Some of this was deliberate, propagated by people who wish to sell you a product in a bottle, claiming that they were the only ones who knew how to make that particular “silver cure-all.” These snake-oil salesmen claimed that colloidal silver “kills all bacteria.” this played into the pharmaceutical industry’s hands. That industry saw silver as a threat to their bottom line. They couldn’t patent silver. They could not prevent individuals from devising methods to suspend particles of silver in water. The earliest processes were grinding the smallest pieces of elemental silver and merely adding them to water. Fifty years ago, you would find bottles of colloidal silver with instructions on the label to “shake the bottle” before using it. Some manufacturers added nitric acid to the solution, producing silver nitrate, a solution that could be easily misused. This effect was made famous by a woman named Rosemary Jacobs, who turned herself blue with it. The pharmaceutical industry became her publicist.

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Question I know has been asked before....

How long will EIS keep its potency if stored in dark glass containers in a cool, dry and dark place?

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I think a good quality product is good for years. Many retail productions like MesoSilver use clear, hard plastic bottles. Sovereign Sliver and others use brown, blue, or any tinted bottle. And probaly charge more for the fancy packing/bottle. When I first started with CS ( EIS was an unknown Sovereign Silver had coined the term Silver Hydrosol) I had a DIY bottle of 10-15ppm that sat in an unheated / No A/C garage for over a year and a half. The only issue was it did discolor some but PPMs were not affected .
Today I use EIS (50ppm) so often I'm lucky to have a half gallon production last me 3 mos.
OBTW: I've used rinsed out 20 oz soda bottles to store my EIS in with zero issues.

Last edited:

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
2020-11-04_14-20-11.png
Some scientists think that microbes such as the herpes simplex virus 1 (shown here on an epithelial cell) could trigger some cases of Alzheimer’s disease. Credit: SPL
2020-11-04_15-16-39.png2020-11-04_15-19-30.png
It would appear that plaques are a part of our immune system. Our immune system operates at the cellular level. It evolved without the knowledge that we would grow old. These deposits that serve to trap microbes before they can do us harm can, with age, interfere with our circulatory system and our nervous system. The brain is just another part of our nervous system. In my 30 years of experience with colloidal silver, I have been struck by the general good health and the mental acuity of the old-timers using colloidal silver, now EIS. Have a read of the entire article. It is not overly technical and shows that not everyone in medical research is a robot.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41...ail&utm_term=0_c9dfd39373-fc6bf4b9de-43488673

Last edited:

cameo

Silver Miner
Reaction score
View attachment 187282
Some scientists think that microbes such as the herpes simplex virus 1 (shown here on an epithelial cell) could trigger some cases of Alzheimer’s disease. Credit: SPL
View attachment 187296View attachment 187297
It would appear that plaques are a part of our immune system. Our immune system operates at the cellular level. It evolved without the knowledge that we would grow old. These deposits that serve to trap microbes before they can do us harm can, with age, interfere with our circulatory system and our nervous system. The brain is just another part of our nervous system. In my 30 years of experience with colloidal silver, I have been struck by the general good health and the mental acuity of the old-timers using colloidal silver, now EIS. Have a read of the entire article. It is not overly technical and shows that not everyone in medical research is a robot.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41...ail&utm_term=0_c9dfd39373-fc6bf4b9de-43488673

There`s a valid reason for that. Our immune systems were "created" by God rather than "evolving" within the myth of "evolution". When you consider the fact that humans were originally created perfect with the intention of NEVER GROWING OLD, AND LIVING FOREVER, this only makes sense .........

cameo

Silver Miner
Reaction score
ROFL! That's funny.

It`s "funny" ONLY to those not versed in the least in Charles Darwin`s "teachings" on evolution !! If it`s so "funny", then WHY did Darwin ... the "father" of evolutionary theory, say in the forward of his famous book the "Origin of Species" ....... that he himself could NOT see how life could possibly have evolved without intervention of a creator ........ of a GOD !!!

Please explain YOUR research into this area .............

dima202

Reaction score
I thought it was funny that you compared the microbe effect on the immune system to the creationism theory.
Not meant to disrespect your beliefs. Not here to argue about God.
Lets try to keep this thread on the topic of colloidal silver.

cameo

Silver Miner
Reaction score
I thought it was funny that you compared the microbe effect on the immune system to the creationism theory.
Not meant to disrespect your beliefs. Not here to argue about God.
Lets try to keep this thread on the topic of colloidal silver.

When caught with your pants down and have no intelligent reply ...... ALWAYS put an end to the discussion ........:dduck::dduck::dduck:

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
We will all cross that bridge one day. So to each their own and lets keep this thread to Colloidal Silver and Electrically Isolated Silver their properties and how it can help us in the long run.

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
2020-11-15_9-42-58.png
Inappropriately prescribed antibiotics will likely accompany the winter surge of Covid-19
By JOWA (ZHUO) SHI and ATEEV MEHROTRA
NOVEMBER 9, 2020
Winter is coming. With the end of Covid-19 nowhere in sight, the U.S. must brace for the annual surge of influenza, bronchitis, sinusitis, bronchiolitis, and other acute respiratory illnesses. Last winter, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention estimates there were 38 million cases of influenza alone.

One big issue is that the symptoms of these illnesses overlap considerably. A cough, runny nose, sore throat, and fever could mean the flu or other common respiratory illness. But it could also worry people that they might have Covid-19.

We are concerned that the collision of Covid-19 and winter could lead to a rash of inappropriate antibiotic prescribing. That’s a problem because, in addition to being wasteful, taking antibiotics that aren’t needed can lead to serious health issues, including allergic reactions, diarrheal infections, and the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria that are incredibly difficult to treat.
Antibiotic resistance is such a pressing problem that the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine are holding a three-day workshop on the subject beginning Monday.
Inappropriate prescribing of antibiotics also drives people to get more care in the long term. More on that later.
Long before the pandemic emerged, antibiotics were greatly overused. One in three prescribed antibiotics aren’t appropriate. Acute respiratory infections are generally caused by viruses, which antibiotics don’t kill, yet acute respiratory illnesses account for 75% of all inappropriate prescriptions.

But as bacteria in the body are exposed to antibiotics, they can mutate and develop resistance to these drugs. Antimicrobial resistance causes 35,000 deaths each year in the United States alone and leads to complex diseases that have increased risk of complications and side effects. The health care costs are enormous: The CDC estimates that antibiotic resistance adds $20 billion in costs to the health care system, in addition to a $35 billion loss in productivity each year.

Several forces during the pandemic may lead to a surge in antibiotic use. SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, is not affected by antibiotics. Antibiotics should be used for people with Covid-19 who also have bacterial pneumonia. Yet some physicians worry that their patients with Covid-19 might be susceptible to bacterial infections and many inappropriately prescribe antibiotics as a precaution.

The pandemic may also drive more adults and children to visit their physicians, which increases the chances they will be prescribed antibiotics. Before the pandemic, sniffles and low-grade temperatures were nothing to worry about. Now people worry that they signal the onset of Covid-19 and seek care to make sure they don’t have it. In addition, schools and day care centers have stricter rules on kids coming in who are ill.

The rapid growth of telemedicine during the pandemic may also increase the overuse of antibiotics. While telemedicine has been a lifeline for people who need care, our research has shown that, among children, telemedicine is more likely to lead to inappropriate antibiotic prescribing than in-person doctor visits. Given that a physician can’t physically examine a child remotely, he or she may not be sure about the diagnosis and prescribes antibiotics under a “better safe than sorry” approach.

Related: Winter is coming: Why America’s window of opportunity to beat back Covid-19 is closing
While playing it safe is understandable, it represents short-term thinking and does not account for the long-term impact of antibiotics on how people seek care. Say an individual becomes ill with an acute respiratory illness, sees a physician, and is prescribed antibiotics. After a week of taking them, she feels better. Since humans are great at pattern recognition, she intuitively thinks that the antibiotics made her feel better. We know from research that she would have likely gotten better without the antibiotic, but that is not her lived experience. Naturally, the next time she gets an acute respiratory illness, she will go back to the doctor for that supposed cure.

We recently quantified this phenomenon by comparing people who were essentially randomized to low-antibiotic-prescribing physicians or to high-antibiotic-prescribing physicians. Patients who got care from high-prescribing physicians were more likely to seek care when they got sick again and received 14% more antibiotics the following year than those seeing low-prescribing physicians.

This feedforward mechanism compounds the overuse of antibiotics and self-enforces potentially inflated benefits of antibiotic use. This effect also extends across social networks as people learn from their friends and family members. We observed that spouses of people seen by high-prescribing physicians were also more likely to receive antibiotics in the subsequent year than spouses of people seen by low-prescribing physicians.

This matters in the time of coronavirus because in the months ahead, with more anxiety, more people getting sick, more people getting care, and more telemedicine use, doctors may inappropriately prescribe more antibiotics. This could dangerously accelerate the feedforward system, enforcing the misconception that antibiotics are always beneficial and driving even more inappropriate antibiotic use in the future.

Recognizing the risk of a surge of antibiotic prescribing is the first step toward encouraging physicians and patients to use antibiotics appropriately, and not for viral illnesses. It is more important than ever for physicians to take the time to talk to their patients about the appropriate use of antibiotics and reassure them that not prescribing them can be the medically right thing to do. Ideally, this will create a feedback loop such that more judicious antibiotic use in one visit may result in fewer antibiotics into the future, and help establish new norms on when antibiotics are needed.

Jowa (Zhuo) Shi is a medical student in the Harvard-MIT Program in Health Sciences and Technology. Ateev Mehrotra is an associate professor of health care policy at Harvard Medical School and a physician at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.