• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Art of making Colloidal Silver / Silver Ions / Electrically Isolated Silver

junquedujour

Reaction score
Been using over a year, not one epsisode of congestion, only thing im concerned about is I had a massive out break of a sore throat with puss like things on my throat, gargled with hydrogen peroxide and it went away after around 10 days
the way you stated that, it reads like it was just one time with the throat. could that have been herxheimer reaction?

Last edited:

junquedujour

Reaction score
i just heard back from my friend. apparently she went to the doc yesterday and was prescribed prednisone and an antibiotic. :-(
the good news is that she is doing much better today. :-)
i told her, when it happens again, if she wants to try something natural to let me know. i will update this if that ever happens.

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Here is the most up to date and authoritative information available as to the use of silver as medicine. Just click on the link to view the pdf of the entire article.

https://doi.org/10.1111/jam.13525

junquedujour

Reaction score
Here is the most up to date and authoritative information available as to the use of silver as medicine. Just click on the link to view the pdf of the entire article.

https://doi.org/10.1111/jam.13525
that article certainly covers a lot of bases!
wound healing and bone regrowth!!! wow. just wow.
"Electrically generated silver ions not only killed the pathogens and healed the infection but also stimulated tissue and bone regrowth (Becker 2000)."

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

A review on nanostructured silver as a basic ingredient in medicine: physicochemical parameters and characterization​

Free PMC article

Abstract​

Recent studies with silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) and the history of silver metal as a broad-spectrum bactericidal and virucidal agent, places silver as one of the future biocidal candidates in the field of nanomedicine to eliminate bacteria and viruses, especially multidrug resistant ones. In this review, we have described the various morphologies of AgNPs and correlated the enhanced bactericidal activity with their prominent {111} facets. In addition to prioritizing the characterization we have also discussed the importance of quantifying AgNPs and silver ion content (Ag+) and their different mechanisms at the chemical, biological, pharmacological, and toxicological levels. The mechanism of action of AgNPs against various bacteria and viruses including the SARS-CoV-2 was analyzed in order to understand its effectiveness as an antimicrobial agent with therapeutic efficacy and low toxicity. Further, there is the need to characterize AgNPs and quantify the content of free Ag+ for the implementation of new systematic studies of this promising agent in nanomedicine and in clinical practice.
Keywords: bactericidal agent; mechanism of action; quality control; silver ion; silver nanoparticles; virucidal agent; {111} facets.
Copyright © 2021, Misirli et al.

Attachments

• 2021-09-06_19-02-29.png
    2021-09-06_19-02-29.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've been taking one or two eyedroppers of EIS in a 8oz a nasal rinse every day or two for the past 4 years or so. There's typically about 1 or 2 oz leftover in the plastic squeeze bottle after each use. It hit me yesterday that after 4 years of use, the bottle has no algae/mold/mildew on it. If I took a bottle and put water in it and set it on my sink for four years, I guarantee it would have mold inside. Not the EIS solution....

junquedujour

Reaction score
sorry if this has been posted previously in this book of a thread (i don't remember seeing it - but then, i am old, so there's that excuse, heh!), but it came up in a search i did. most of you here already know about this, but i thought it was a good semi-recap of a just portion of what has been said in this forum:
and this from the same site:

Last edited:

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
sorry if this has been posted previously in this book of a thread (i don't remember seeing it - but then, i am old, so there's that excuse, heh!), but it came up in a search i did. most of you here already know about this, but i thought it was a good semi-recap of a just portion of what has been said in this forum:
and this from the same site:
We do not have these titles posted AFAI Recall, BUT we have posts discussing both topics.
Of course this crazy-ass search engine here is as useful as tits on a boar hog.

junquedujour

Reaction score
We do not have these titles posted AFAI Recall, BUT we have posts discussing both topics.
Of course this crazy-ass search engine here is as useful as tits on a boar hog.
i should have specified that i was doing a web search with duckduck. i mostly reposted it here so that i might be able to find it quicker if i ever need to. :)

the_shootist

Politically Gender Neutral
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
well yayME! i got the ultra today and have it all set up and for the 50ppm. it was packed so securely - not a chance of anything getting broke in shipping. well done. thanks @abeland1 !
Abe is the best! I had the very same experience. The custom packaging is impressive!

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I get a ultra fine film of particles on the bottom when the units done

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I get a ultra fine film of particles on the bottom when the units done
A little H2O2 enough to cover the bottom. give it two hour and check for reaction (still creating bubbles or cloudy) keep letting it set until it looks clear. Rinse out with distilled water at least twice. any build-up / film should be gone. If not repeat the process.
Use a coffee filter to cover the top of the jar.
The reaction is creating hydrogen and oxygen gases so keep clear of flame and in a well ventilated area .

junquedujour

Reaction score
my first 10-day cycle finished and i started another. i figure i might as well keep it going as long as there is electricity.
well, wouldn't y'know - we had a storm and out went the power. i checked it with the meter and it showed 30ppm - so it's all good. i bottled it and have the 3rd batch going now.
manOman! i do love how colorless this stuff is that is generated from the ultra.
question: does everyone here wipe the silver with the scrubby until it is somewhat shiny?

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
question: does everyone here wipe the silver with the scrubby until it is somewhat shiny?
Me, I just wipe down what I'll call the "Sluff Making Stuff" so there is no apparent chunks or bits hanging on.
Abe should be along to address your issue.
I just started a Half Gal. yesterday after noon (50ppm), and I do as you do because I save up my empty hard plastic bottles. I plan to be running for the month.

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Question: does everyone here wipe the silver with the scrubby until it is somewhat shiny?

I don't think the Ultra users do, at least I hope not. Many people are still using generators with way too much current. Some even have bubble systems that create a lot of silver oxide on their Anodes. Thirty years ago, when I first began making colloidal silver, I ended up cleaning my silver maple leaf coins with a wire brush. We live, we learn.
You will have better results if you refrain from polishing the electrodes. During the first run of the ultra, the system adjusts the interface area. That is the layer between the anode and the water. That is called the Nernst diffusion layer. The result is a carefully regulated degree of roughness.
The system will be better off if the electrodes never touch anything except distilled water.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Question: does everyone here wipe the silver with the scrubby until it is somewhat shiny?

I don't think the Ultra users do, at least I hope not. Many people are still using generators with way too much current. Some even have bubble systems that create a lot of silver oxide on their Anodes. Thirty years ago, when I first began making colloidal silver, I ended up cleaning my silver maple leaf coins with a wire brush. We live, we learn.
You will have better results if you refrain from polishing the electrodes. During the first run of the ultra, the system adjusts the interface area. That is the layer between the anode and the water. That is called the Nernst diffusion layer. The result is a carefully regulated degree of roughness.
The system will be better off if the electrodes never touch anything except distilled water.
I do use the little "greenie weenie" pad that was included with the kit to wipe the electrodes off before each use.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

So, Let me get this straight. The Ultras do not need a scrubby / wipe down ?

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
So, Let me get this straight. The Ultras do not need a scrubby / wipe down ?
That is correct.
The question posed was:
"does everyone here wipe the silver with the scrubby until it is somewhat shiny?"
I should have known better than to try answering what amounts to an existential question. I tried by ignoring the "does everyone here." This left "wipe the silver with the scrubby until it is somewhat shiny?".
There is nothing wrong with wiping the silver electrodes as long as what you are using for wiping them is clean. It is the "shiny" part of the query that triggered my tortured, confusing response.
So, GB, thanks for helping me out of the hole I had dug for myself.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I read one needs 99.99% pure silver.

Would GIM silver rounds work in this situation?

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 10.08.34 AM.png

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I read one needs 99.99% pure silver.

Would GIM silver rounds work in this situation?

View attachment 227838
NOT for an ULTRA. There are far more technical issues going on in the ULTRA Process. For example: as the EIS get closer to the 50ppm quality the process either slows down or the voltage ( for lack of a better word) lowers to keep the quality increasing and the clarity clear.
It is Abe's baby and he can tell you exactly how ULTRAs' work. I know he spent a lot of time and experiments into his creation. What he wants to divulge is up to him.
It was not a "roll the dice" / "Wallah" moment. BS&T (Blood, Sweat & Tears) were involved, and MONEY.

junquedujour

Reaction score
here's something i have noticed repeatedly with CS/EIS - regardless of strength. i like to have a couple cocktails in the evening - sometimes more than a couple. with age, i am finding that i end up with the hangover headache more often than i ever did. the past few months, after waking with one, i have been doing the swish n swallow with about an ounce of CS/EIS. within ~20min the headache is gone and i feel brand new.
i like that 'brand new' feeling. ;)

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
That is correct.
The question posed was:
"does everyone here wipe the silver with the scrubby until it is somewhat shiny?"
I should have known better than to try answering what amounts to an existential question. I tried by ignoring the "does everyone here." This left "wipe the silver with the scrubby until it is somewhat shiny?".
There is nothing wrong with wiping the silver electrodes as long as what you are using for wiping them is clean. It is the "shiny" part of the query that triggered my tortured, confusing response.
So, GB, thanks for helping me out of the hole I had dug for myself.
I wipe the electrodes and the jar as it leaves a dark stain on glass

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
here's something i have noticed repeatedly with CS/EIS - regardless of strength. i like to have a couple cocktails in the evening - sometimes more than a couple. with age, i am finding that i end up with the hangover headache more often than i ever did. the past few months, after waking with one, i have been doing the swish n swallow with about an ounce of CS/EIS. within ~20min the headache is gone and i feel brand new.
i like that 'brand new' feeling. ;)
That does make sense as Silver is known to have pain relieving properties. The reason silver infused creams are used on burn victims. I've used it many times for just sunburns, and painful bug bites ( which it helps kill any infection too).

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I wipe the electrodes and the jar as it leaves a dark stain on glass
Are you using an Ultra ?
If you have a standard C/S generator that is understandable.
FYI : In my early days when I'd see plating begin from using my SG-1, I'd pour more distilled water into the jar and let the ds sit for a couple of days.
After 2 days I check the ds with my TDS meter and I'd have 4-5 ppm readings that had started at zero ppms. (Great to start your next batch with after you clean your jar(s). CS Generators Only, Not meant for ULTRA USE.
When I noticed the plating was no longer leaching back into the water. I keep that water. Clean the remaining plating with H2O2 ( be careful silver and H2O2 do not play nice together wear EYE and Skin protection) and let set for a couple of days. At least until the plating appears gone and the H2O2 was as clear as water again.
What remains is good for wiping off food prep counters and general cleaning AND washing stinky clothes and socks w/ regular detergent.
DYODD.

Last edited:

junquedujour

Reaction score
To trick the Ultra into accepting the distilled water, that it doesn't like, fill the jar only 1/2 full, so that only an inch or 2 of the rods are in water. Let the Ultra test the water again & it should accept it. Then gently lift the Ultra ( do not switch it off) enough to pour the water in, to within an inch of the top. It should continue just fine.
i had this happen to me this morning where the ultra rejected the water when set to the 50ppm, but did accept the water when switched to the 10ppm. i searched and found this post and tried it.
this trick worked perfectly!
thanks much for posting @TAEZZAR !

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Are you using an Ultra ?
If you have a standard C/S generator that is understandable.
FYI : In my early days when I'd see plating begin from using my SG-1, I'd pour more distilled water into the jar and let the ds sit for a couple of days.
After 2 days I check the ds with my TDS meter and I'd have 4-5 ppm readings that had started at zero ppms. (Great to start your next batch with after you clean your jar(s). CS Generators Only, Not meant for ULTRA USE.
When I noticed the plating was no longer leaching back into the water. I keep that water. Clean the remaining plating with H2O2 ( be careful silver and H2O2 do not play nice together wear EYE and Skin protection) and let set for a couple of days. At least until the plating appears gone and the H2O2 was as clear as water again.
What remains is a good for wiping off food prep counters and general cleaning AND washing stinky clothes and socks w/ regular detergent.
DYODD.
Yes i have the ultra

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
When i said dark i mean like toning not black
Yeah, I get a little build up under the electrodes sometimes if a ds water rinse doesn't take it out an ounce or two of food grade H2O2 cleans it up, just let it sit for an hour or two then rinse out with more ds water. Is how I take care of it.
If you see "plating" up the sides of the jar just tip the jar and let the H2O2 get up the sides to where the plating stops. Ya might need to allow an over night cleaning rotating the jar so all sides get a good soak / bath in the H2O2.
Wear Gloves, All peroxides DO NOT play well together with silver or silver residue ( just get a little .03% H2O2 on a finger tip or two, and rinse it off quick. When your hands dry you'll see where the skin turned white from peroxide contact).
DYODD
Be careful.

obilly

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Just cheking,,how far apart should the 10ga silver wires be if i am running 27vdc at 1/2 ma,( .0005amp)?....

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Just cheking,,how far apart should the 10ga silver wires be if i am running 27vdc at 1/2 ma,( .0005amp)?....
Too technical for me, see if Abe can provide insight. I know the SG-1 the electrodes sit about 3/16 " apart on the same block that Abe uses.
Ultra's the spread looks to be about two inches +/-.

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Too technical for me, see if Abe can provide insight. I know the SG-1 the electrodes sit about 3/16 " apart on the same block that Abe uses.
Ultra's the spread looks to be about two inches +/-.

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Rosy assumptions endanger public health — policymakers must act now to shape the years to come.

The word ‘endemic’ has become one of the most misused of the pandemic. And many of the errant assumptions made encourage a misplaced complacency. It doesn’t mean that COVID-19 will come to a natural end.

To an epidemiologist, an endemic infection is one in which overall rates are static — not rising, not falling. More precisely, it means that the proportion of people who can get sick balances out the ‘basic reproduction number’ of the virus, the number of individuals that an infected individual would infect, assuming a population in which everyone could get sick. Yes, common colds are endemic. So are Lassa fever, malaria and polio. So was smallpox, until vaccines stamped it out.

In other words, a disease can be endemic and both widespread and deadly. Malaria killed more than 600,000 people in 2020. Ten million fell ill with tuberculosis that same year and 1.5 million died. Endemic certainly does not mean that evolution has somehow tamed a pathogen so that life simply returns to ‘normal’.

The coronavirus is here to stay — here’s what that means

As an evolutionary virologist, it frustrates me when policymakers invoke the word endemic as an excuse to do little or nothing. There’s more to global health policy than learning to live with endemic rotavirus, hepatitis C or measles.

Stating that an infection will become endemic says nothing about how long it might take to reach stasis, what the case rates, morbidity levels or death rates will be or, crucially, how much of a population — and which sectors — will be susceptible. Nor does it suggest guaranteed stability: there can still be disruptive waves from endemic infections, as seen with the US measles outbreak in 2019. Health policies and individual behaviour will determine what form — out of many possibilities — endemic COVID-19 takes.

Soon after the Alpha variant emerged and spread in late 2020, I argued that, unless infections were suppressed, viral evolution would be fast and unpredictable, with the emergence of more variants with different and potentially more-dangerous biological characteristics. Since then, public-health systems have struggled under the highly transmissible and more-virulent Delta variant, and now there is Omicron, with its substantial ability to evade the immune system, causing reinfections and breakthroughs. Beta and Gamma were also highly dangerous, but did not spread to the same extent.

The same virus can cause endemic, epidemic or pandemic infections: it depends on the interplay of a population’s behaviour, demographic structure, susceptibility and immunity, plus whether viral variants emerge. Different conditions across the world can allow more-successful variants to evolve, and these can seed new waves of epidemics. These seeds are tied to a region’s policy decisions and capacity to respond to infections. Even if one region reaches an equilibrium — be that of low or high disease and death — that might be disturbed when a new variant with new characteristics arrives.

COVID-19 is, of course, not the world’s first pandemic. The fact that immune systems have evolved to cope with constant infections, and the traces of viral genetic material embedded in our own genomes from ancient viral infections, are testament to such evolutionary battles. It is likely that some viruses went ‘extinct’ on their own and still caused high rates of mortality on the way out.

Beyond Omicron: what’s next for COVID’s viral evolution

There is a widespread, rosy misconception that viruses evolve over time to become more benign. This is not the case: there is no predestined evolutionary outcome for a virus to become more benign, especially ones, such as SARS-CoV-2, in which most transmission happens before the virus causes severe disease. Consider that Alpha and Delta are more virulent than the strain first found in Wuhan, China. The second wave of the 1918 influenza pandemic was far more deadly than the first.

Much can be done to shift the evolutionary arms race in humanity’s favour. First, we must set aside lazy optimism. Second, we must be realistic about the likely levels of death, disability and sickness. Targets set for reduction should consider that circulating virus risks giving rise to new variants. Third, we must use — globally — the formidable weapons available: effective vaccines, antiviral medications, diagnostic tests and a better understanding of how to stop an airborne virus through mask wearing, distancing, and air ventilation and filtration. Fourth, we must invest in vaccines that protect against a broader range of variants.

The best way to prevent more, more-dangerous or more-transmissible variants from emerging is to stop unconstrained spread, and that requires many integrated public-health interventions, including, crucially, vaccine equity. The more a virus replicates, the greater the chance that problematic variants will arise, most probably where spread is highest. The Alpha variant was first identified in the United Kingdom, Delta was first found in India and Omicron in southern Africa — all places where spread was rampant.

Thinking that endemicity is both mild and inevitable is more than wrong, it is dangerous: it sets humanity up for many more years of disease, including unpredictable waves of outbreaks. It is more productive to consider how bad things could get if we keep giving the virus opportunities to outwit us. Then we might do more to ensure that this does not happen.

Nature 601, 485 (2022)

doi: https://doi.org/10.1038/d41586-022-00155-x
Aris Katzourakis

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Hmm...interesting. My silver electrodes come out all cruddy each and every time and I have to wipe them with the greenie weenie pad.
Mine did at first but no longer an issue.

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Hmm...interesting. My silver electrodes come out all cruddy each and every time and I have to wipe them with the greenie weenie pad.
Is the water that you using distilled or De-ionized?