• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Complete Fishing Thread ( Fresh Water / Salt Water )

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Girls DRONE FISHING for SHARKS on the Beach!
Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Jan 30, 2018
The Drone fishing video! Florida fishing girl Darcizzle heads to the west coast teaming up with the Shark Wrestler, Elliot Sudal for some beach/surf fishing targeting big sharks! Fishing with drone, using DJI Phantom 4 Drone to deploy fishing bait.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
BEST OF TUNA SPEARFISHING VOL 3 - Best shooting compilation Ocean and Mediterranean Sea fishing
Il pescatore in apnea - The Spearfishing HUB

Published on Feb 6, 2018
Benvenuto sul canale del pescatore in apnea, il canale su YouTube con una delle più grandi collezioni di video sulla pesca subaquea. Film, documentari, tutorials a caccia di pesci esotici. Iscriviti al canale per non perderti le prossime avventure! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_GO1...

Welcome to my freediving apnea channel, the YouTube channel with the widest collection of videos about spearfishing. Films, documentaries, tutorials and much more, subscribe and don't miss any new adventure! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_GO1...
Freediving Apnea Apoe Apnee
Spearfishing
Chasse sous marine
Pesca in apnea sub
Caza Submarina

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
February 8, 2018 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Feb 8, 2018
In our Tuesday email alert to start this week, The Fisherman helped answer the question, “what’s up with fluke?” As ASMFC meets this week in Arlington, VA and the Mid-Atlantic Council gets set to meet next week in Raleigh, NC, now we address the question “where are the fluke?” At this point in the winter, the summer flounder we’ll see in a few more months are anywhere from 30 to 70 miles offshore right now and essentially “hanging out front” according to one insider’s report. “We haven’t had too many major storms this winter, I think that makes a difference,” is how one offshore commercial fishermen working through the winter months put it this week, while adding “when we get the big storms the fish move further north up the Hudson and Block Canyons, out of reach and less chance for them to settle back inshore to New Jersey.” A good sign for 2018?

We’ll know more about recreational quotas and potential regulations next week before being finalized in March; but for now it’s all about perch, flea markets, championship parades and the countdown to back bay stripers in New Jersey as we prepare to enter the second half of February – there are boats still sailing though with light winds and fair seas predicted for Saturday (see Jamaica II in our Central Jersey reports link below).

http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
February 8, 2018 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Feb 8, 2018
Tim C. Smith sits in for Fred Golofaro this week and reports on new body of cod show in the waters off Block Island, with herring providing action towards the west. White perch action on the South Shore too!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
February 8, 2018 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Feb 8, 2018
First up, the CMTA Hartford Boat Show rolls into the Hartford Convention Center this Thursday through Sunday, February 8 - 11. Come check out the latest and greatest in fishing and pleasure boats as well as all the accessories you could ever need to enjoy a day on the water. Be sure to stop by The Fisherman Magazine’s booth to take care of your subscription needs and score yourself some great free gifts! You can find us on the upper level lobby which is right at the top of the escalators, next to the bar, before you enter the upper-level showroom. This is the same spot where we were last year.

On Saturday we have the Salt Water Sportsman’s seminar series in Bridgeport, CT. At this year’s New England stop you can see a bunch of Fisherman Magazine family members including Capt. Rick Mola, Crazy Alberto Knie, Capt. Greg Dubrule, Capt. Bruce Millar and others.

On Saturday and Sunday, our friends at J&B Tackle have teamed up with Castafari Sportfishing as the exclusive tackle dealer at the annual Castafari Offshore Fishing Seminar Series in Quincy, MA. There will be 59 vendors, a ton of pro captains presenting 40 different topics, 18 hands-on workshops, and the most comprehensive bait-rigging instruction ever offered at any fishing seminar.

The Narragansett Surfcasters have their annual used tackle sale this Saturday, and the New England Boat Show also kicks off on Saturday, so it is sure to be a busy weekend ahead. For a look at the details on all of these events and more, be sure to check out the full events calendar posted at TheFisherman.com!

Fishing continues to be what it has been of late: tough to predict. Cod fishing trips were few and far between last week, but they showed promise over the weekend for the boats that got out. Tuesday saw several boats on the fishing grounds but they came back with little to show for it. The weekend weather looks great, and if there has been any sort of a pattern of late it is of good fishing following right after the bad, so I’d recommend getting out if you can!

Ice-wise, the action remains good but safe ice receded further inland thanks to the rains and warm weather over the weekend. My report calls this week provided a good variety of fish being caught across New England, and word of a large pickerel landed in Connecticut by Mike Nadeau late last week was one of the highlights.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Pier Fishing: The EASIEST Way to Catch Big Fish from the Pier
Senko Skipper

Published on Feb 8, 2018
Want to start catching big fish from the pier? Here is a great fishing rig for pier fishing. Pier fishing with live bait works wonders for us, it is a great way to start targeting bigger species. Today we will show you how to tie a great rig for live bait, and how to start catching big fish from the pier!

** SENKO PIER ADVENTURE GUIDE PDF**
For any beginners who need help, this PDF will get you on fish!
http://bit.ly/senkoPIER

SENKO SURF ADVENTURE GUIDE PDF:
http://bit.ly/SenkoSurfPDF

If you have your own Fishing YouTube channel and you're looking for tips and tricks, we've written a guide to help you grow! Full of advice from our own experience, you can download your FREE PDF here: http://bit.ly/sksktips

Check out our Website:
http://bit.ly/senkoweb

Find us on Facebook!
@Senko Skipper Vintage Fishing
@Senko Skipper Fishing Community

Interested in Vintage Fishing gear? Check out our new Vintage fishing Facebook page!
Search: "Senko Skipper Vintage Fishing"

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Catch and Cook Stocked Trout (Surprisingly Good Fish)
Fisherman's Life

Published on Feb 8, 2018
http://www.orukayak.com?aff=5

I wanted to try two types of fish that are stocked in this lake. One planted by DFG and another planted my Mt. Lassen Hatchery. Supposedly the Mt. Lassen trout are as close to a wild fish as you can get and one of, if not the, highest quality of farmed fish. I was not disappointed.

Daniel's channel https://youtu.be/VE3nOqlhig0

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
THE BIG UGLY BLACK DRUM of Pensacola, Florida!
Yak Motley

Published on Feb 7, 2018
There are some huge Black Drum in Pensacola Bay. But it takes the right approach to get them catch them. Jack from (Yakin with Jack) set out to get one on camera in Pensacola, Florida. Here is what happend!

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook @yakmotley!
Twitter @JackMotleyLive

Jack's Channel-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF8G...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Catch and cook dungeness crab - Oregon coast crabbing
PK Yi

Published on Feb 6, 2018
We went crabbing in Coos Bay, Oregon. It has been a long time (over a month?), and I'm finally back on the water again.

For crab bait, we used chicken. We soaked our crab pots for a little over 1 hour. The crab pot I used is a Promar Heavy Duty crab pot, which I bought off Amazon. It's one of the best crab traps out there. We caught 30 crabs during this trip, and cooked some up afterwards.

Here's a link to Mando's channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Uh...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
February 15, 2018 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Feb 15, 2018
Hopefully there’s a three-day weekend in your forecast; with up and down, hot and cold weather of late you may need the extra day’s window of opportunity! Biggest blackfish of the week – titanic tautog topping the 20-pound mark – have been registered in the lower Mid-Atlantic States, but there are still boats in the New Jersey, Delaware region looking to sail for the wrecks when able. A few cod and pollock registered by boats hitting the mid-range and offshore grounds out of Central Jersey, while South Jersey creek and river anglers continue pounding on perch with bloodworms and grass shrimp. In the northern part of the Garden State, it’s all about the seminars this weekend – the New Jersey Boat Sale & Expo runs from Thursday through Sunday in Edison, NJ with a full line-up of boat fishing seminars presented by The Fisherman and the Recreational Fishing Alliance. Surf Day returns to Brookdale Community College in Lincroft, NJ on Saturday with more surf seminars than you’ll know what to do with; plus, The Fisherman is also in Manahawkin on Saturday for the Southern Regional Fishing Club’s annual flea market. New Jersey’s striped bass kick off is less than two weeks away; are you geared up and ready for action?
http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
February 15, 2018 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
The Fisherman Magazine

A tough go for cod fans on the Block Island Grounds as too many bad weather days have made it difficult for skippers to locate and stay on the fish. The last positive cod report was from the Island Current on Saturday when they tallied about 60 keeper cod with a mix of ling and pollock, and lots of shorts. To the west, Capt. Steve on the Capt. Al has been working the Mud Hole area for just a handful of small cod and ling. Herring reports continue to be limited to the far west end of the Island. According to Jerry from Bernie’s, the Canarsie, Coney Island and 59th Street piers are seeing sporadic action with herring. Confirmed reports of white perch action from the Connetquot River, behind Taco Bell in West Babylon and Mill River from Saltwaters Tackle and LI Outdoorsman. Most of the Connetquot action has been confined to a handful of anglers with small boat access to the river. If fishing is not in your plans this weekend, there’s the New York Sportfishing Federation’s Forum & Auction at the Freeport Recreation Center on Saturday and Sunday. Hours are 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Sunday.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
February 15, 2018 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
The Fisherman Magazine

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to see us last weekend at the CMTA Hartford Boat Show. We have this weekend off here in New England, but will be up in Springfield next weekend, February 23 – 25, for the Springfield Sportsmen’s Show at the Big-E Fairgrounds. There is a great list of both hunting and fishing seminars throughout the weekend as well as two buildings filled with guides, captains, outfitters and more. Check back next week or visit the events calendar at TheFisherman.com for more details.

Aside from a few standouts including improved holdover striped bass action and a little isolated cod success, fishing was tough this past week. The cod, for the most part, turned off the feed with far more slow trips than hot ones reported. One boat did manage an excellent trip over the weekend, but this was not the norm as most of the wrecks, rockpiles and feeding grounds held fish with a severe case of lockjaw.

The rains of last week got the larger tidal rivers flowing, and as expected the local striped bass populations really turned on with fish in excess of 40 inches reported. The action was found in several rivers, not just the Housy which continues to see the majority of the fishing pressure, so don’t get locked into fishing the same spot as everyone else. Be sure to check out the March issue of The Fisherman Magazine which will include, among other things, a great feature article from Patrick Vogt on targeting holdover striped bass in New England and how to find your own hotspots for the winter months.

Those same rains that helped the striper fishing really did a number on the hard water as safe, fishable ice pushed even further inland. Much of the ice we had been holding onto in Southern New England is now gone with only some isolated holdouts remaining safe.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Would You Eat These??? Freediving, Spearfishing, Lingcod from 50ft Cliff
Fisherman's Life

Published on Feb 16, 2018
Two day trip to Mendocino, California. Freediving, spearfishing and fishing from a 50 foot shear cliff. Little something different than the normal fishing. Hope you enjoy.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
A SHARK ate my AMBERJACK!
Yak Motley

Published on Feb 13, 2018
In this video, we went offshore fishing. We ran into some really nice AmberJack and a HUGE Bull Shark that took one away from us! You can not beat the Fishing off Pensacola Beach, Florida. The water is amazing and the fishing is great!

Brant's Channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_ND...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Pesca in apnea - Il meglio del 2014 tra cernie orate e dentici - Spearfishing Antonino Pellegrino

Published on Feb 19, 2018
Antonino Pellegrino : https://www.youtube.com/user/freee81

Benvenuto sul canale del pescatore in apnea, il canale su YouTube con una delle più grandi collezioni di video sulla pesca subaquea in apnea. Film, documentari, tutorials a caccia di pesci mediterranei e esotici. Iscriviti al canale per non perderti le prossime avventure!

Welcome to my freediving spearfishing & apnea channel, the YouTube channel with the widest collection of videos about spearfishing. Films, documentaries, tutorials and much more, subscribe and don't miss any new adventure!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Catch & Cook 49 : SPECKLED TROUT
EliasVFishing

Published on Feb 19, 2018
The other half of our recent catch and cook with Dan - https://www.youtube.com/results?searc...
After prepping our ladyfish cakes with we prepared the target I had in mind which was speckled trout. This was my second time having speckled trout. I think it's much better than both the weakfish and silver trout (I tried that later).

On the fishing: I worked grass flats on the edge of a channel in Tampa Bay. The fishing was great for smaller specks but I only managed one keeper. I worked all sorts of baits in the 4"-7" range hoping to cull something larger out of the mix.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
MY BIGGEST HAUL EVER! Harvesting Stone Crab Claws with Dad!
Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Feb 24, 2018
In this fishing video, Florida fishing girl pulls her stone crab traps inshore saltwater fishing with her dad. Biggest haul ever harvesting crabs. How to go crabbing in Florida & catch crabs

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Kayak Fishing: My Biggest Roosterfish Ever! | Field Trips Panama
Robert Field

Published on Feb 27, 2018
In this episode, we've got 10 clients at Los Buzos Resort in Panama kayak fishing for MONSTER fish. The crew hooks up with big roosterfish after big roosterfish, until finally, it's my turn. I go to battle with one of the strongest fighting fish I've ever targeted, and it tests me to my limits.

To go on a trip to Los Buzos, email info@losbuzos.com and they'll reply with all the details. Tell them you want to fish with Robert Field and you can join me on a trip out there!

Check out their YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/LosBuzosPanama

Check out Mark De La Rosa on YouTube and watch his series from this trip: http://www.youtube.com/user/BulletCat...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
'SURVIVAL' Catch & Cook On A Sandbar (BEFORE THE TIDE RISES)
EliasVFishing

Published on Feb 26, 2018
Colder Florida day. Wasn't sure what to do from here as my fish finder was giving me a couple of issues. Instead I tried some lagoons and coves. I jigged three sublegal cobia early and a few other critters. Jig and pop rhythm did the trick.

After my pre survival lunch I grabbed a spare fish finder battery and jigged up a bunch of silver trout. Closely related to weakfish but not quite the same. I jumped on a sandbar to finish the episode and fry up my catch. I had to hurry because if the tide came up I'd be in serious trouble! LOL

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Epic Snook Fishing - SO MANY FISH!
Joey Antonelli

Published on Feb 28, 2018
***Epic Snook Fishing - SO MANY FISH!***
*** instagram - h2ovinyldesigns ***
*** www.h2ovinyldesigns.com ***

To enter the drawing for a free hat just comment which design you want. you can view all the designs at www.h2ovinyldesigns.com .

This bite was one of the best Snook bites I have ever been on. I probably caught 15 Snook, and after the first couple I was just goofing off and taking my time. Despite the day being so good the bite completely died the next day so I'm really glad I got to hit it when I did.
The normal fishing rod I was using is the custom snook Rod I built paired with my 4500 Slammer 3 with 20-pound invisi-braid. The push the push button reel is a Shakespeare Spider-Man addition with 10 lb invisi-braid.

www.rcioptics.com
www.actionhat.com
www.livewatersports.com

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
March 1, 2018 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Mar 1, 2018
The Atlantic City Boat Show is underway, with The Fisherman managing two booths (155 & 826) and a whole host of seminars with the Recreational Fishing Alliance (RFA) through Sunday, March 4.

Coastal temps are expected to hit the mid 50’s for the winter flounder and striped bass opener in New Jersey, and despite a little rain in the afternoon forecast it already looks like a good kickoff - a little after 6 a.m. Thursday morning, Nikita Grantan registered the first keeper striper of the 2018 season, a 29-inch, 8-1/2-pounder brought into Absecon Bay Sportsman Center.

Get your casts in early as things take a turn for the sporty on Friday for most folks in the region, with N/NW winds expected to usher in the weekend. If you’re not partaking in the linesides and black backs to start the season, fishing for tautog along the Delaware Coast or hoping for a break in the weather to hit the Jersey Shore cod and pollock grounds, head on out to Atlantic City for the seminars and deals to be found throughout the show. Be sure to check in with the RFA on the fluke, sea bass and porgy status, and ask about the Modernizing Recreational Fisheries Management Act (S. 1520) which passed out of a Senate committee on Capitol Hill on Wednesday. Forget the groundhog, spring has sprung!

Get full reports for NJ/DE Bay at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
March 1, 2018 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Mar 1, 2018
With a coastal storm expected on Friday and rough conditions carrying through Saturday, you might want to consider spending some time indoors at the World Fishing & Outdoor Expo – aka The Suffern Show – that runs today through Sunday, or the Ward Melville High School Fishing Expo on Saturday. Check out this week’s video report for details, and don’t forget to stop by and visit our booth. We’ll be at both shows with Star Rod Fishing Pliers and Dry Bags for new or renewed subscriptions.

On the fishing front, reports continue to be very limited. With cod still failing to cooperate on the Block Island Grounds, the Viking Star headed to some distant wrecks off Nantucket over the weekend and found a steady pick of cod, along with some pollock. The waters offshore of Moriches also showed some cod life as recently as Tuesday. The only talk of herring continues to come from the Sheepshead Bay area, and white perch reports remain sparse and scattered. Some anglers have been able to bend rods by focusing on trout and panfish on the freshwater side. With March upon us, we should be seeing more tackle shops opening up, along with an increase in angler effort.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
The MOST SNOOK I've Caught THIS YEAR! ft. Off Grid with Doug & Stacy!
Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Feb 27, 2018
In this collaboration video, Florida fishing girl goes inshore fishing with " OFF GRID with DOUG & STACY " Had fun showing them how to fish in saltwater here in Sunny FL! We caught snook, jacks & checked the crab traps!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
DRONE Finds SHARKS Near the Beach! Blacktip Shark Migration
Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Feb 28, 2018
In this fishing video, florida fishing girl goes offshore fishing, fishing for blacktip sharks on the beach, saltwater fishing. Using the DJI Phantom 4 Drone footage to find sharks on the beach.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Ultimate Best Dentex Spearfishing Compilation Vol-1 - Top videos of the Web

Published on Mar 4, 2018
Here we are the channels of the producers :

Woodoste : https://www.youtube.com/user/woodoste
Pesca Pum : https://www.youtube.com/user/PescaPum
Ciconat : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXlo...
Fonertosub : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUxC...
Marco Bardi : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UColJ...
Tutan Fabius : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRKS...
Jmbdenti : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8X2...
Daniele Ventura : https://www.youtube.com/user/daniele86sm
Markoraptor : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCymM...

Benvenuto sul canale del pescatore in apnea, il canale su YouTube con una delle più grandi collezioni di video sulla pesca subaquea. Film, documentari, tutorials a caccia di pesci esotici. Iscriviti al canale per non perderti le prossime avventure! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_GO1...

Welcome to my freediving apnea channel, the YouTube channel with the widest collection of videos about spearfishing. Films, documentaries, tutorials and much more, subscribe and don't miss any new adventure! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_GO1...
Spearfishing
Chasse sous marine
Pesca in apnea sub
Caza Submarina

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
CRAPPIE Catch and Cook! PAN SEARED w/ Breadcrumbs & Parmesan!
Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Mar 7, 2018
In this catch, clean, cook fishing video, Florida fishing girl goes speck fishing on Lake Okeechobee crappie fishing! How to crappie fish in Florida & catch panfish! Plus crappie fishing tips with live minnows, crappie rig and where to fish!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
My boat setup
PK Yi

Published on Mar 8, 2018
Here's a short video explaining how I set up my fishing boat. If you're a first time boat owner, hopefully this video will help you. The most important thing that I learn is to check your trailer bearing *often* !! Keep it greased up on a regular basis.

My boat is only 14' and is pretty old. But it's a great starter boat. I got it off craigslist for $225 boat and trailer. It has taken me to fishing spots that were unreachable before. It's also a great crabbing boat and allowed me to go crabbing in bays along the Oregon coast.

For the outboard motor, I got a 2017 Tohatsu 9.8 HP, which I got online for $1999.

For a text version, go here: http://everylist.com/my-boat-setup.html

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
March 8, 2018 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Mar 8, 2018
Two weeks, two nasty storms; it’s actually fairly typical this time of year along the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Coast, just think back to ’62 and ’93. And yet again, just as New Jersey’s striped bass season gets off to resounding start on March 1, two different nor’easters barrel through the region knocking out power, dumping snow on portions of Pennsylvania and W/NW Jersey, while kicking up tides along Delaware and Jersey Shore.

By all accounts, school stripers are loaded up in the bays and rivers from the Raritan down to the Delaware, with more than a few keeper-class fish waiting to be fed – it’s just a matter of getting a good weather window at this point to get in on the action. Sunny skies and offshore winds forecast for the weekend ahead could be just the thing to get anglers back in the swing of things.

The show season continues this weekend with the Greater Philadelphia Boat Show (a Philly Special!) as well as iconic flea markets in Manville and Asbury Park. Join The Fisherman Magazine at any or all of those weekend events for your Star Rods gift with subscriptions.

Check out the weekly reports for NJ/DE bay online at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
March 8, 2018 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Mar 8, 2018
Back to back nor’easters have crippled the fishing scene and made fishing a distant thought for many Long Islanders, but daylight savings takes effect this weekend and spring officially kicks in on the 20th of this month. April is just weeks away, and with it the opening of blackfish, flounder and striped bass seasons, so hang in there.

And speaking of seasons, there are some changes ahead in our fishing regulations for key inshore species like blackfish and fluke. Fisherman senior editor Fred Golofaro has the details in this week’s video fishing report.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
March 8, 2018 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Mar 8, 2018
First up, we have the New England Saltwater Fishing Show in Providence, RI this Friday through Sunday (3/9 – 3/11.) Start off your visit by finding The Fisherman Magazine at booth numbers 827 – 828 to renew your subscription, buy a Fisherman hat or shirt, or just talk about fishing before making your way around the rest of the show. I will be there all day Friday and Saturday, so I hope to see you there!

And next up we have an awesome new video posted at Thefisherman.com from our friends at Humminbird. The video features longtime Fisherman contributor Capt. Charley Soares as well as Capt. Mike Roy as they talk fishing trends, culture, spot burning, and the technological advances in the ever changing world of saltwater sportfishing.

After you watch the video, be sure to also give a look to the article written by Capt. Mike Roy which has been posted at the Fisherman.com entitled The Trolling Motor Advantage. In this article Mike discusses how the use of a trolling motor on his 21-foot Steiger Craft has not only changed the way in which he targets Northeast saltwater species, but it has also greatly improved his overall success. This article originally appeared in the February issue of The Fisherman and has really opened up the eyes and minds of Northeast saltwater anglers to the potential benefits of a concept which our sweetwater brethren have long accepted. And be sure to be on the lookout for a follow-up article coming out in April by Charley Soares in which he discusses the benefits that he has reaped since adding a trolling motor to his boat.

And if you’d like to discuss these topics further with either captain, be sure to stop by the Humminbird booth at the New England Saltwater Fishing Show, both number 308, as they’ll be there all weekend.

The fishing has not changed a whole lot since last week with holdover striped bass cooperating in tidal rivers across New England. This is an odd time of the season where we see some warm days pop up here and there to get us jazzed up to fish, but with water temps still quite cold it takes a bit longer for the fish to follow suit.

Trout stocking is under way New England, and to be sure you’re up on the trout fishing rules, here is a quick overview. In Massachusetts there is no closed season. In Connecticut, the season closed on 2/28 in the trout-stocked waters except for the Trout Management Lakes which remain open through 3/31, Trout Management Areas and Wild Trout Management Areas (class 1), which are open year round. In Rhode Island trout-stocked waters closed on 2/28 and will reopen on April 14.

For Connecticut anglers, there are several freshwater and trout-related changes this year. Most notably, the trout/salmon stamp has been approved. This $5 stamp is required if you plan to fish in Trout Management Areas (TMA), Wild Trout Management Areas (WTMA), Trout Parks, and Atlantic Salmon Broodstock Areas; or if you plan to harvest trout, Kokanee Salmon or broodstock Atlantic Salmon anywhere statewide. The stamp will be available by the middle of March. Check out a list of all the changes in Connecticut at TheFisherman.com.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Twofer Tarpon & Jumbo Jack Attack
EliasVFishing

Published on Mar 5, 2018
This is it...my last day and I returned to the tarpon grounds. All I can say is that every day changes. I stuck with the jigs. Popping stuff ranging from a 1/4 oz to 1/2 oz along the river bed. All sorts of fish decided to bite with the majority being jacks. However, I boated two tarpon (one over 40"). Gulp! Shrimp, DOA 4" split tails were my MVP lures this outing. Amazing trip and end to the journey. I included some random fun stuff too : )

The challenge of this type of fishing is presenting small jigs in tight quarters properly. Current is minimal and these fish really need baits to be worked to their liking. Pause and pop seemed to be most effective, straight vertical jigging didn't do much due to the lack of current.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Bluegill CATCH-&-COOK! Be Careful What you Eat!!! (Homage to my Mom) (Collingswood, NJ)
Extreme Philly Fishing

Published on Mar 5, 2018

February 27th, 2018 -- Taking in consideration that the 27th was my mother's Birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!), I decided to go to Newton Lake in Collingswood, NJ, to harvest some Bluegill for a catch-and-cook!

I hope you guys enjoy this very educational and lengthy episode, where I bring you folks not only the fishing, prepping, cooking, and tasting, but even an afterword on fish consumption guidelines!

The recipe for this video is below!

-- "Cumin 5-Spice Fried Fish, EPF Style" --
PLEASE CHECK YOUR ALLERGIES BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS DISH!!!

Ingredients for 1 serving:
(1 serving = 10 fish in the range of 6-7 inches)

- 10 fish, prepared whole
- 2 tsp. hickory smoked salt
- 4 tsp. grounded cumin
- 1 tsp. grounded turmeric
- 2 tsp. five spice powder
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 tsp. olive oil

Prepping:

1. Clean the fish! Take the scales off. Discard the head. Slice the belly and clean the gut-pocket. Wash it and dry it.
2. drop all seasonings + olive oil and marinate it.
3. leave it in the fridge (covered) for 24 hours for the flavor to seep in!

P.S. As indicated in the video, there may be traces of heavy metals and PCBs in the integumentary system of the fish (a.k.a. skin, etc). Thus, make sure you harvest your fish from a clean watershed!

Cooking:

1. heat the pan and add an amount of olive oil that will cover HALF of your fish after all fish are in (summon your inner Archimedes).
2. Cook each side on high fire for AT LEAST 5 minutes. 7 minutes for extra crispness. And 7+ if you like your fish SUPER CRISPY.

Enjoy!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
PESCASUB - A PESCA CON D'AGNANO E DE SILVESTRI IN SARDEGNA - CERNIA PROFONDA IN TANA

Published on Mar 9, 2018
Iscriviti al canale "PESCA TV 236" per tutti i documentari completi :
http://www.cacciaepesca.tv/

Spearfishing
Chasse sous marine
Pesca in apnea sub
Caza Submarina