• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The History of the World is a History of Gold

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
For a money to be widely accepted and used, it needs to be easily divisible, durable, portable, difficult to counterfeit, and exist in limited supply. Throughout history, gold has fulfilled all of these characteristics of money with ease, and furthermore, gold has intrinsic value and lacks counterparty risk. Gold thus has emerged as the ultimate form of money throughout human civilisation, preforming the vital monetary roles of medium of exchange and store of value.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Ya know, I've always wondered about that intrinsic value that gold supposedly has. Because intrinsic basically means essential. I can understand water having intrinsic value, shelter, food, but gold?

I don't know...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Ya know, I've always wondered about that intrinsic value that gold supposedly has. Because intrinsic basically means essential. I can understand having intrinsic value, shelter, food, but gold?

I don't know...

Gold role in human body
While the role of gold in the physiological processes of the human body was unknown for many years, it has recently been determined that gold plays a role in both the health and maintenance of the joints, as well as being a key element in the transmittal of electrical signals throughout the body.

Natural occurrence of gold in the human body (you didn’t know this!)
January 17, 2017 by Margarita6 Comments

Human blood. The image is captured via scanning electron microscope.. Meaning? This is how blood looks like in reality!
You might be surprised to learn that gold in the human body exists naturally. Right from the moment of birth.
I mentioned this in the fun facts about gold. The amount is very tiny though.
For example, a 70-kg person has about 0.2 mg of gold, which is equivalent to 0.000000003% of their body weight. If you do the math, 5000 humans, in total, have about 1 g of gold. Not a lot.
Like majority of other trace elements, most of this gold is found in your blood. More than anywhere else though, it is concentrated in the regions around your heart.
Gold specks in your body are not there by coincidence. They have a purpose. Specifically, they are responsible for transduction of electrical signals across your organs, muscles and other tissues. Plus they maintain and keep your joints strong and flexible.
On the interesting note, the same-weighting human has 10 times as more silver in his body. Yeah, silver is floating inside you as well. Didn’t you know that you are a walking mine? Too bad the amounts are tiny.
I bet, if gold and silver occurred in larger quantities (like potassium and sulfur), many would try to extract these precious metals from their blood!
And then articles like “amazing benefits of bloodletting” would start popping up in Internet to justify this self-mutilation! I don’t mean to say that bloodletting has no scientific basis. It actually does. It’s just that humans tend to color dark things they love with white paint to lower the self-guilt. There are articles on the health benefits of smoking, believe it or not… But I am getting off the topic here.

Not only gold
Besides gold and silver, there is a whole array of unexpected elements floating in your body. Including those known for their harm. Like mercury, arsenic and uranium.
Furthermore, if you live in a city, your blood may also contain other precious metals. Like platinum, palladium and even iridium. However, in much much smaller quantities than gold. Their amounts come in nanograms. To give you an idea of the difference consider the following. 1 nanogram is a million times smaller than 1 milligram!
However, unlike gold, the above-mentioned substances are there as a result of their entrance from external environment. Meaning? They come from human-made things. For example, mercury can get into your body if you have mercury fillings in your teeth.
Curious stuff, ha?
~~~
Yes, at this moment you have about 0.2 mg of gold! But you can have more: 0.1 gram, 0.2 gram, 1 gram andso forth.
To pick a beautiful 999.9 gold bar for your loved one or yourself, go here. Free to register. Be a customer or affiliate.

https://freewithgold.com/natural-occurrence-of-gold-in-the-human-body

Main references:
http://justonly.com/chemistry/pdfs/elemental_composition_human.pdf
http://pubs.rsc.org/is/content/articlelanding/1997/ja/a701094j/unauth#!divAbstract
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/metal3.html
https://medicalschool.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F52467075843 (image)

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I still say the true value is in the immortal human energy of the slaves who mined it.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Ya know, I've always wondered about that intrinsic value that gold supposedly has. Because intrinsic basically means essential. I can understand water having intrinsic value, shelter, food, but gold?

I don't know...
Silver has much more physical intrinsic value and utility than gold, Should it be valued higher than gold?

Just askin'.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

I don't know...
Silver has much more physical intrinsic value and utility than gold, Should it be valued higher than gold?

Just askin'.

BF and ZZZZZ -- As an old EE, I have explained this a coupla times before... The ONLY reason you can read this sentence is that YOU have gold in your computer.

PERIOD.

Silver? Nice stuff, but compared to gold as useful? Meh. Our actual civilization does not hinge on silver.

Without gold, we do NOT have any telecommunications, no smartphones, spacesuits, arthritis treatment, lubricant***** satellites, aircraft, radar, food processing, transportation, submarines, and on and on and on.

Gold is necessary for our civilization to exist. Not as a medium of exchange (although that is also desperately important), but for its -- get ready -- intrinsic value. <-- Yowza.

Gold is, basically, useful to the point of: We would not be communicating this very second without gold.

Ships would not sail. Navigation would be by magnetic compass. LORAN, RADAR, SONAR, Altimeters, Airport Approach systems, Go-Pros, Road Maps, TVs, yada for a thousand-plus more critical things.

TINS, bro.

A small amount of gold dispersed within glass or coated onto the glass surface will reflect solar radiation outward, helping buildings stay cool in the summer, and reflect internal heat inward, helping them stay warm in winter.

The visor on the helmet of an astronaut's space suit is coated with a very thin film of gold. This thin film reflects much of the very intense solar radiation of space (especially infrared), protecting the astronaut's eyes and skin.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*****No shit. How do you get parts to move against each in the vacuum of space if any "lubricant" you put between the part will freeze/evaporate/sublimate? Well, you don't... unless you coat the two pieces that must rub together with a tad of gold. That does not evaporate or freeze.

Voyager is still talking to Earth. Why? Because the gold on it makes it possible.

NOTHING ELSE WOULD WORK BUT GOLD.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Well, yeah, Walter, I'll go along with that. But that means that everything has some intrinsic value, a ton of gravel has intrinsic value, but only in specific applications. So it would be with gold — it has some uses.

Gold is important in our current level of electronic constructions but it's not the game killer you are suggesting, without gold I'm sure us hu-mans would have discovered an adequate substitute. If you remove the imaginary allure of gold's value from the equation the commodity price of gold would probably be around 150 to 200 bucks. So that would most likely be the 'intrinsic' value of gold.

We've been kinda blinded by the function of gold throughout history so it makes it difficult to place anything other than a 'collector's' value on it.

So, whats it worth?

BF

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Let me try again:

Gold has made our civilization possible.

Without using gold, computers would simply NOT EXIST. Yes, humanity could very well be here... but civilization as you know it would NOT be here.

"Intrinsic value" is gold as a synonym.

And FYI -- hu-mans have NOT discovered an adequate substitute. Not in hundreds of critical uses. Uses that... if we had to do without, would (at this point in our civilization) leave starvation and disease and -- at best -- 19th century commerce.

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Gold role in human body
While the role of gold in the physiological processes of the human body was unknown for many years, it has recently been determined that gold plays a role in both the health and maintenance of the joints, as well as being a key element in the transmittal of electrical signals throughout the body.

Natural occurrence of gold in the human body (you didn’t know this!)
January 17, 2017 by Margarita6 Comments

Human blood. The image is captured via scanning electron microscope.. Meaning? This is how blood looks like in reality!
You might be surprised to learn that gold in the human body exists naturally. Right from the moment of birth.
I mentioned this in the fun facts about gold. The amount is very tiny though.
For example, a 70-kg person has about 0.2 mg of gold, which is equivalent to 0.000000003% of their body weight. If you do the math, 5000 humans, in total, have about 1 g of gold. Not a lot.
Like majority of other trace elements, most of this gold is found in your blood. More than anywhere else though, it is concentrated in the regions around your heart.
Gold specks in your body are not there by coincidence. They have a purpose. Specifically, they are responsible for transduction of electrical signals across your organs, muscles and other tissues. Plus they maintain and keep your joints strong and flexible.
On the interesting note, the same-weighting human has 10 times as more silver in his body. Yeah, silver is floating inside you as well. Didn’t you know that you are a walking mine? Too bad the amounts are tiny.
I bet, if gold and silver occurred in larger quantities (like potassium and sulfur), many would try to extract these precious metals from their blood!
And then articles like “amazing benefits of bloodletting” would start popping up in Internet to justify this self-mutilation! I don’t mean to say that bloodletting has no scientific basis. It actually does. It’s just that humans tend to color dark things they love with white paint to lower the self-guilt. There are articles on the health benefits of smoking, believe it or not… But I am getting off the topic here.

Not only gold
Besides gold and silver, there is a whole array of unexpected elements floating in your body. Including those known for their harm. Like mercury, arsenic and uranium.
Furthermore, if you live in a city, your blood may also contain other precious metals. Like platinum, palladium and even iridium. However, in much much smaller quantities than gold. Their amounts come in nanograms. To give you an idea of the difference consider the following. 1 nanogram is a million times smaller than 1 milligram!
However, unlike gold, the above-mentioned substances are there as a result of their entrance from external environment. Meaning? They come from human-made things. For example, mercury can get into your body if you have mercury fillings in your teeth.
Curious stuff, ha?
~~~
Yes, at this moment you have about 0.2 mg of gold! But you can have more: 0.1 gram, 0.2 gram, 1 gram andso forth.
To pick a beautiful 999.9 gold bar for your loved one or yourself, go here. Free to register. Be a customer or affiliate.

https://freewithgold.com/natural-occurrence-of-gold-in-the-human-body

Main references:
http://justonly.com/chemistry/pdfs/elemental_composition_human.pdf
http://pubs.rsc.org/is/content/articlelanding/1997/ja/a701094j/unauth#!divAbstract
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/metal3.html
https://medicalschool.tumblr.com%2Fpost%2F52467075843 (image)
Right now I'm going to make an "Goldeo" cookie...top and bottom=1oz gold eagles and the middle "cream" =1oz silver eagle!
It is my new medicine to fix joint pain. Send $3500 for 1 cookie, lasts a lifetime. Pricing is volitile...order NOW!
Suck your way to no pain. Wash and rinse cookie daily. Do not share! Do not lick the "cream" alone, all 3 layers at once for best results.

Saul Mine

Seeker
Seeker
There sure is a lot of emotionalism about this topic. Gold is not money, it is a store of value. Money comes in smaller denominations. You don't go to a market with gold coins, you take coins of brass or base metals. You don't try to travel with gold, you trade it for cattle so they can walk. Gold has always been jewelry, not money.

You can't eat gold. And you can't shoot beans. And you can't drive bullets. And a car is a lousy store of value. These things are called commodities: when you need one you need it, and no substitutes.

BTW, the history of the world is a history of war and collapsing cultures, not any form of money.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
*(sigh)*

"Gold has always been jewelry, not money."

Posted AFTER I put the knowledge up there. Knowledge that any sophomore in High School should know.

It is like talking to bricks.

Under cement.

Covered in mud.

Saul Mine

Seeker
Seeker
*(sigh)*

"Gold has always been jewelry, not money."

Posted AFTER I put the knowledge up there. Knowledge that any sophomore in High School should know.

It is like talking to bricks.

Under cement.

Covered in mud.
You don't need to try to insult me just because we have different opinions. Try to learn better manners, ok?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You don't need to try to insult me just because we have different opinions. Try to learn better manners, ok?
Your post that Unca replied to came off pretty condescending SM.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The problem is that you have an opinion. I have the information you did not read or did not assimilate.

I do not have an opinion.

Sorry if I was about being harsh. I am just frustrated at the inability of folks to drop a false belief even in the face of data to the contrary.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Oh. Wait. I did not TRY to insult you.

Nope. I tried to answer at exactly the same snarky level you did, Fatrat. No more, no less... but a whole lot more accurate.

Late Edit Add For Fun: If I tried to insult you, you'd have to take a bath. But it would serve no positive purpose.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Last edited: