• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Left is Freaking Insane

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
yep Voodoo, they are rabid for sure

and their depth of thought is so very limited,
they parrot nonsense, with their opinions being provided to them by others

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Attached to her chest?? Is there something there?

don't look like much to me
She has or maybe had some ridiculously poorly done breast implants. For a rich person it made no sense, they looked like somebody injected way too much silicone, unevenly, into her chest in a back alley in mexico. Being a proven idiot she probably thought they looked great.

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
images (3).jpeg

Liberal, liberal tears.

Golden Regards
Uncle

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Funny, factual, final.

Off to the senate if the house has the balls to pass it and if that happens THAT is when TSHTF for the dims.
POPCORN...gitchur popcorn heah!

I didn't know McConnell can drag this out forever OR sitting senators running for president can't campaign during an impeachment! Bwahahaha...bernie and poca can't campaign...bwahahaha. What a country!

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Funny, factual, final.

Off to the senate if the house has the balls to pass it and if that happens THAT is when TSHTF for the dims.
POPCORN...gitchur popcorn heah!

I didn't know McConnell can drag this out forever OR sitting senators running for president can't campaign during an impeachment! Bwahahaha...bernie and poca can't campaign...bwahahaha. What a country!
I'd get independent confirmation of that before I started dancing in the streets

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Pa. Rep. Movita Johnson-Harrell, charged with stealing more than $500,000 from her own charity, will resign
by Justine McDaniel and Angela Couloumbis, Updated: December 4, 2019

TIM TAI / FILE PHOTOGRAPH

HARRISBURG — State Rep. Movita Johnson-Harrell, a West Philadelphia Democrat, said Wednesday that she would resign after prosecutors charged her with stealing more than $500,000 from her own nonprofit and spending it on family vacations, designer clothing, furs, personal bills — and her bid for the legislature.

State Attorney General Josh Shapiro said Johnson-Harrell engaged in “brazen corruption” and systematically tried to cover up her crimes by falsifying records and financial statements.

“Her theft knew no bounds," Shapiro said as he announced that his office had charged the first-term lawmaker with theft, perjury, tampering with public records, and related crimes Wednesday morning.

Shapiro said Johnson-Harrell would plead guilty to charges and faces jail time. “There will be a guilty plea that will be worked out, and you will see the details of that soon," he said.

Johnson-Harrell, 53, disputed many of the charges, but said she would resign this month.

“I am saddened and dismayed by the nature of the allegations brought against me today. I vigorously dispute many of these allegations, which generally pertain to before I took office, and I intend to accept responsibility for any actions that were inappropriate,” Johnson-Harrell, who represents the 190th District, said in a statement through her attorney.

The charges against Johnson-Harrell mean she is poised to become the second state lawmaker from the West Philadelphia district to leave office under a cloud of criminal accusations in one year. Johnson-Harrell won the seat in a March special election to replace Vanessa Lowery Brown, who was convicted of bribery and other charges and resigned last December.

She turned herself in at a Philadelphia police station on Wednesday morning.

Funneling thousands
Prosecutors said Johnson-Harrell used Motivations Education & Consultation Associates (MECA) — a nonprofit she established more than a decade ago to assist people struggling with mental illness, addiction, and homelessness — for profligate spending and personal gain.

Over several years, Johnson-Harrell tried to hide her crimes through an elaborate scheme involving multiple properties in Philadelphia, Shapiro said. Among the steps she took were inflating her tax bills, hiding the nonprofit’s money through false record-keeping, not reporting the money she was taking from MECA as income, attempting to transfer real estate, and under-reporting her real salary, prosecutors said. She misrepresented her money and assets in bankruptcy filings, tax returns, and financial disclosure statements, they said.

Many of the purchases investigators tracked were easily traced to MECA funds: Often, Johnson-Harrell spent an amount she had allegedly transferred from the nonprofit to a personal account. She made some purchases directly from MECA accounts, and she repaid herself for fake loans to the organization, according to the criminal complaint.

“MECA’s actual mission was to serve as a cash account for Johnson-Harrell’s own personal use,” Shapiro said.

Among the funds used was $12,500 Johnson-Harrell allegedly transferred from MECA to the Friends of Movita campaign committee during her run for legislature this year. She told the campaign to record the money as a $15,000 personal loan from her, prosecutors said.

Then, toward the end of the campaign, Johnson deposited into the Friends of Movita account a $30,000 check she had saved from a transfer of MECA funds to her own account. She withdrew half in cash and left the rest for the campaign as an unreported loan, according to the complaint.

Johnson-Harrell also funneled $12,000 in MECA funds to Friends of Movita during a previous run for the same seat in 2015 and 2016, authorities said.

Councilwoman Jannie L. Blackwell, who has known Johnson-Harrell for years, said she was surprised by the charges.

“I’ve only seen her doing a great job. I’m sorry to hear it. No win in that, because she loves her community and served it well,” Blackwell said. “Things happen, but I’m hoping for the best, but we’ll just have to see what happens.”

Paying bills and spending lavishly
Johnson-Harrell was spending the organization’s money while a home MECA ran for disadvantaged Philadelphians — partly funded by Medicaid and residents’ Social Security disability checks — was falling into squalor, Shapiro said.

The attorney general’s investigation was sparked by Johnson-Harrell’s closure of the home in 2018 after the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services threatened to shut it down.

the_shootist

Don't hate me because I'm right!
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
sudo cp /etc/freshclam.conf.sample /etc/freshclam.conf
Pa. Rep. Movita Johnson-Harrell, charged with stealing more than $500,000 from her own charity, will resign

HARRISBURG — State Rep. Movita Johnson-Harrell, a West Philadelphia Democrat, said Wednesday that she would resign after prosecutors charged her with stealing more than $500,000 from her own nonprofit and spending it on family vacations, designer clothing, furs, personal bills — and her bid for the legislature.

State Attorney General Josh Shapiro said Johnson-Harrell engaged in “brazen corruption” and systematically tried to cover up her crimes by falsifying records and financial statements.

“Her theft knew no bounds," Shapiro said as he announced that his office had charged the first-term lawmaker with theft, perjury, tampering with public records, and related crimes Wednesday morning.

Shapiro said Johnson-Harrell would plead guilty to charges and faces jail time. “There will be a guilty plea that will be worked out, and you will see the details of that soon," he said.

Johnson-Harrell, 53, disputed many of the charges, but said she would resign this month.

“I am saddened and dismayed by the nature of the allegations brought against me today. I vigorously dispute many of these allegations, which generally pertain to before I took office, and I intend to accept responsibility for any actions that were inappropriate,” Johnson-Harrell, who represents the 190th District, said in a statement through her attorney.

The charges against Johnson-Harrell mean she is poised to become the second state lawmaker from the West Philadelphia district to leave office under a cloud of criminal accusations in one year. Johnson-Harrell won the seat in a March special election to replace Vanessa Lowery Brown, who was convicted of bribery and other charges and resigned last December.

Funneling thousands
Prosecutors said Johnson-Harrell used Motivations Education & Consultation Associates (MECA) — a nonprofit she established more than a decade ago to assist people struggling with mental illness, addiction, and homelessness — for profligate spending and personal gain.

Over several years, Johnson-Harrell tried to hide her crimes through an elaborate scheme involving multiple properties in Philadelphia, Shapiro said. Among the steps she took were inflating her tax bills, hiding the nonprofit’s money through false record-keeping, not reporting the money she was taking from MECA as income, attempting to transfer real estate, and under-reporting her real salary, prosecutors said. She misrepresented her money and assets in bankruptcy filings, tax returns, and financial disclosure statements, they said.

Many of the purchases investigators tracked were easily traced to MECA funds: Often, Johnson-Harrell spent an amount she had allegedly transferred from the nonprofit to a personal account. She made some purchases directly from MECA accounts, and she repaid herself for fake loans to the organization, according to the criminal complaint.

“MECA’s actual mission was to serve as a cash account for Johnson-Harrell’s own personal use,” Shapiro said.

Among the funds used was $12,500 Johnson-Harrell allegedly transferred from MECA to the Friends of Movita campaign committee during her run for legislature this year. She told the campaign to record the money as a $15,000 personal loan from her, prosecutors said.

Then, toward the end of the campaign, Johnson deposited into the Friends of Movita account a $30,000 check she had saved from a transfer of MECA funds to her own account. She withdrew half in cash and left the rest for the campaign as an unreported loan, according to the complaint.

Johnson-Harrell also funneled $12,000 in MECA funds to Friends of Movita during a previous run for the same seat in 2015 and 2016, authorities said.

Councilwoman Jannie L. Blackwell, who has known Johnson-Harrell for years, said she was surprised by the charges.

“I’ve only seen her doing a great job. I’m sorry to hear it. No win in that, because she loves her community and served it well,” Blackwell said. “Things happen, but I’m hoping for the best, but we’ll just have to see what happens.”

Johnson-Harrell was spending the organization’s money while a home MECA ran for disadvantaged Philadelphians — partly funded by Medicaid and residents’ Social Security disability checks — was falling into squalor, Shapiro said.

The attorney general’s investigation was sparked by Johnson-Harrell’s closure of the home in 2018 after the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services threatened to shut it down.
I'll refrain from typing what I'm thinking

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Oh hey...

Muslim PA State Rep Who Was Offended By Christian Prayer is Charged With Stealing From Children’s Charity

Motivations Education & Consultation Associates (MECA) — a nonprofit she established more than a decade ago to assist people struggling with mental illness, addiction, and homelessness — for profligate spending and personal gain.

https://davidharrisjr.com/steven/mu...charged-with-stealing-from-childrens-charity/

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
This is probably my favorite part of the impeachment hearings so far.

Florida Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz points out the complete and unabashed bias of the witnesses and then at the 4:20 mark says "lets see if we can get into the facts".

Also pay attention tho his very last comment.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
you and me both,

I don't care of the color, hucksters and predatory thieves just peeve me off
It's not about color, its about culture, or lack of it to be more precise!

Color is only skin deep after all. It's how we act that defines us as individuals.

1575742452695.png

Last edited:

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Funneling thousands

Why "steal" it when you just give yourself a pay raise?!? These people are stupid.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
This is probably my favorite part of the impeachment hearings so far.

Florida Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz points out the complete and unabashed bias of the witnesses and then at the 4:20 mark says "lets see if we can get into the facts".

Also pay attention tho his very last comment.

Thank God for Rep. Matt Gaetz and others who are pushing back against the nonsense of the Democrats.

His final remark in this video clip is golden:
"If wiretapping a political opponent is an impeachable offense, I look forward to looking at the Inspector General's report because maybe it's a different President we should be impeaching." -- Rep. Matt Gaetz, comment during Impeachment Inquiry​

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Thank God for Rep. Matt Gaetz and others who are pushing back against the nonsense of the Democrats.

His final remark in this video clip is golden:
"If wiretapping a political opponent is an impeachable offense, I look forward to looking at the Inspector General's report because maybe it's a different President we should be impeaching." -- Rep. Matt Gaetz, comment during Impeachment Inquiry​
Why should we be thanking God for something a politician says? We're told we must get to the Senate for anything to truly be revealed. So far we remain struck in neutral. Until action has been taken I'll wait to be thankful.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Why should we be thanking God for something a politician says? We're told we must get to the Senate for anything to truly be revealed. So far we remain struck in neutral. Until action has been taken I'll wait to be thankful.
So I take it you want all the people at this charade of an inquiry to just remain silent and let the crazy dems spout crap and not be challenged over what they spew?

Not me.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
So I take it you want all the people at this charade of an inquiry to just remain silent and let the crazy dems spout crap and not be challenged over what they spew?

Not me.
How does that change anything? If the goal is to get to the Senate then they should stop arguing and let the Dims get what they want. One thing we do agree on....the entire show is a farce.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
How does that change anything? If the goal is to get to the Senate then they should stop arguing and let the Dims get what they want. One thing we do agree on....the entire show is a farce.
It is a farce but it is aimed at the voters perception. An opposing viewpoint should be given now,

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
It is a farce but it is aimed at the voters perception. An opposing viewpoint should be given now,
So let them argue. I'll sit back like the rest of us and watch....and wait! Every once in a while my frustration with the whole show escapes me.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
An opposing viewpoint should be given now,
I agree, an entire department of 'reverse-propaganda' needs to be in play, but it isn't...
so, it has to be said:
Why Now?
wasn't yesterday already too late?

and:
Opposing Viewpoint?, to be completely honest, i'm not really clear on what that is anymore, maybe my opinion is moot, but my wallet has to remain wide open...as that's not my first choice, would that be an opposing viewpoint?

it's confusing anymore...Up is Down, Left is Right and Right is Wrong...

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
The opposing viewpoint: I wanna sit around coffee shops and parks talking about arts, farts and Star Wars whilst getting paid 100k a year to do so.

all those that are against my 27 years of college are obviously racist nazi fascists

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The opposing viewpoint: I wanna sit around coffee shops and parks talking about arts, farts and Star Wars whilst getting paid 100k a year to do so.

all those that are against my 27 years of college are obviously racist nazi fascists
Like there's anything else to do! :weed:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Dave in skinny jeans, UNSEE, UNSEE, UNSEE.

Golden Regards
Uncle

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
a fair and impartial impeachment hearing, yeah right...

Why would anyone watch this crap? This can, and will go on forever! He'll keep pounding that gavel and saying "the gentleman will suspend" and on and on it goes.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Not soon enough.
This spectacle is a farce, sad laughable farce
Not according to the Palm Beach Post: Trump is DOOMED. The IG says he is going down. (per them today)

NO mention of Trump going on TV to announce that traitors "tried to overthrow the government with a coup, and got caught!"

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
NYC Still Sending Homeless People to North Carolina, Despite Travel Ban

https://www.libertyheadlines.com/nyc-send-homeless-north-carolina/

‘I think it’s just a clear example of another social justice warrior that is simply a hypocrite…’

(Claire Russel, Liberty Headlines) New York City continues to send dozens of homeless families to North Carolina even though the city passed a law in 2016 preventing its city council from doing any kind of business with the state.

In doing so, Mayor Bill de Blasio is “ignoring his own travel ban,” said North Carolina state Sen. Danny Britt. “I think it’s just a clear example of another social justice warrior that is simply a hypocrite.”

De Blasio pushed the travel ban after North Carolina introduced a bill that would have required transgender individuals to use the bathroom of their biological sex. The state partially repealed the law in 2017, but de Blasio still hasn’t lifted the travel ban, arguing the partial repeal doesn’t do enough to protect the rights of transgenders in the state.

However, de Blasio has been more than happy to ship his homeless problem to North Carolina, paying landlords in the state nearly $640,000 to house 40 families who were living in the city’s homeless shelters.

“So he has a restriction for New Yorkers to come to North Carolina but he doesn’t have a problem with sending these individuals to our community? This appears to be a bit hypocritical,” Fayetteville Mayor Mitch Colvin told the New York Post.

Colvin, a Democrat, has six NYC homeless families in his district.

New York City has been doing this for years, and not just with North Carolina. The city has spent millions of dollars transporting hundreds of homeless people across the country without informing the cities and states that they were doing so.

The Special One-Time Assistance program, instituted by de Blasio, gives homeless people a year’s worth of rent and a one-way ticket to anywhere in the country. The program has cost city taxpayers more than $90 million since it was implemented.

“We are as compassionate as a community as you will ever find anywhere. The problem I had with this initiative is the policy of disrespecting the fact that you should notify the district of what you’re doing with sending these people,” Colvin said.