• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That looks to be a significant level.

It's been claimed 3 breaks everything.

Everyone is looking at the 40K level. You dropped 13K off the 58K top down to 45K rallied up to 52K today. Simple ABC is 39K. Might even go a little lower than that but we'll see.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
It got smashed. A high of 1.61. I thought it would pull back @ 1.44... now it looks like we have 1.44 as support and we could be on our way to 2.
I was kinda of expecting a sideways trend to just ride the uptrend line..

Reactions: Zed

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Everyone is looking at the 40K level. You dropped 13K off the 58K top down to 45K rallied up to 52K today. Simple ABC is 39K. Might even go a little lower than that but we'll see.

I wonder at what point it gets front run then... 41K?

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder at what point it gets front run then... 41K?

You had a wick high at 42K in January the bodies of the candles were 40600 so scaling in 37-42K makes sense. Don't trade futures so I'm stuck with GBTC. 40-43 might be on the high side maybe put stink bids in 36-40.
Got some sort of expirations tomorrow. Might dump hard might do what it is doing now.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'm sorry girls but I struggle to take this one seriously.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
It ripped someone's face off, that much I am sure of.
I did ok today. Unfortunately I have a slow internet connection so I cant trade during the highest volume periods. That high volume just looks my computer up for 10-30 seconds or more. No way I can trade like that but as things slow down I can still make some decent trades. I may have to rent some office space in town and get a high speed connection.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Silver Monthly - Long term Oliver style momentum study. It's 2005 again in momentum terms, this implies a 7/8 fold move from these levels... which is about the multiple that Mr Oliver mentioned. It also gives a $200 target, years ago my price projection exercise gave an outside target of 199 for this next big run.

People are talking higher... but... they always do.

Untitled.jpg

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I did ok today. Unfortunately I have a slow internet connection so I cant trade during the highest volume periods. That high volume just looks my computer up for 10-30 seconds or more. No way I can trade like that but as things slow down I can still make some decent trades. I may have to rent some office space in town and get a high speed connection.

Private longer range WiFI links are not that spendy to setup these days if you have line of sight to someone with decent access.

Just a thought.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Private longer range WiFI links are not that spendy to setup these days if you have line of sight to someone with decent access.

Just a thought.
I'm a mile and a 1/2 down an old dirt road thats private and in the hills. LOL. Unless Elon gets his head out of his ass and gets those high speed satellites up, my options are limited.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'm a mile and a 1/2 down an old dirt road thats private and in the hills. LOL. Unless Elon gets his head out of his ass and gets those high speed satellites up, my options are limited.

Apparently it's gonna be a bunch of Tesla's with WiFi.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Apparently it's gonna be a bunch of Tesla's with WiFi.

He should have sent that thing to mars with a parachute.. He lands it, a couple solar panels pop out to recharge it and he can haul ass all over mars for the price of a tesla versus Nasa billion dollar rovers. :).

Asia didn't do well.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think the Bitcoin faithful might have to get religion. Most of the volume is down around 34K not at the old top of 42K. Might depend on how fast the SM can recover.

Attachments

• EvJULXPUYAEHDDc.jpg
    EvJULXPUYAEHDDc.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 28

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We are approaching price levels in Gold that would potentially change the major trend. I would not want to be holding if we cannot hold $1675. Not there yet I think we are approaching a major bottom.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Looking around at the various markets - Oil, copper, uranium, lumber, grains, etc - they all had some fantastic runs. Many of which look parabolic, and appear to be coming to an end.
With this breakdown in gold today, it's making me think what we are seeing is larger than just gold. I think this might be a signal of a top/breakdown accross all markets. Now I'm not prediction a 80% crash in the stock market. Nor am I predicting that gold is going back to 1,000. In fact gold could turn around and head higher tomorrow. I just suspect this breakdown in the precious metals is actually signaling a rollover in the other markets. Something is changing deep in the systems.
Just my thoughts. Open to criticism/feedback.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Buy when you feel like puking. Or get off the tracks. Your choice. Not putting any free cash in at this point yet.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
$1680 looks like the next strong support area. I bet we atleast touch it on this breakdown. Like you, I'd be worried if we break below it.
We are approaching price levels in Gold that would potentially change the major trend. I would not want to be holding if we cannot hold $1675. Not there yet I think we are approaching a major bottom.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Chart from Loukas. That last low dropping under support before the last run up is significant. Some other well known very well known prognosticator has this level as important as well. Not that concerned not really that involved TBH.

Attachments

• EvKYfnzWgAMYJff.png
    EvKYfnzWgAMYJff.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 23

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Everyone seems to be looking at the same number. Closing price most important. How about running the stops down there and closing above? Don't think we get down there right now probably bounce first.

Attachments

• EvKayUAXIAA3MoM.png
    EvKayUAXIAA3MoM.png
    134.1 KB · Views: 17

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Had a limit buy in on SPPP at $17.17 which kicked in around 10 am.
We will see what is what in a month or so.
I'm not seeing a real connection between paper price and reality.
I am calling the paper PMs a roulette wheel at this point.
Example, over $200 premium for APE.

As for Gold, please please plunge, as long as the physical price follows, which it really is not at the moment.
I am not interested in paper gold, I'd like to pick up the real thing at lower prices.

Are we seeing a forever disconnect between paper and phys? Not yet, but soon.

I suspect that first palladium then platinum will join rhodium in a disconnect. Timeline? Who knows?

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
TD Ameritrade is fucking with GME option orders again. Time for a new broker... suggestions? Really need to find someone to consolidate all my accounts with good tech and will not play games.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Reaction score
TD Ameritrade is fucking with GME option orders again. Time for a new broker... suggestions? Really need to find someone to consolidate all my accounts with good tech and will not play games.
I'm with Questrade and I like it. I'm also very inexperienced, so that must mean something too. Open an account there with a small position; dip a toe in. No need to migrate all at once.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Nice wash out today. I hit four of my miner stink bids. I'm coming close to being all in. Few more low ball bids in case things get real bad, but I wouldn't be sad if we moved up from here.

I agree with above sentiment that there are a lot of macro pieces shuffling around at the moment - much bigger than just the PM market. Still, be right sit tight. I think we are approaching an excellent PM buying opportunity. Could go lower short term but I'm not going to get caught up in trying to time the bottom. We are awash in fiat and debt. Got PMs?

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Nice wash out today. I hit four of my miner stink bids. I'm coming close to being all in. Few more low ball bids in case things get real bad, but I wouldn't be sad if we moved up from here.

I agree with above sentiment that there are a lot of macro pieces shuffling around at the moment - much bigger than just the PM market. Still, be right sit tight. I think we are approaching an excellent PM buying opportunity. Could go lower short term but I'm not going to get caught up in trying to time the bottom. We are awash in fiat and debt. Got PMs?

Yeah... I think that they hammer this, as they have started to, then they start to tidy it up mid March. Sometime in the next two weeks buying the capitulation is going to be a good entry IMO. Maybe as the SPX hits about the 3600 level.

DYODD, risk control etc...