• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Scavenger 6 Rifle Can Accurately Shoot 21 Different Types Of Ammo

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
June 22, 2020
Apocolypse Gun: The Scavenger 6 Rifle Can Accurately Shoot 21 Different Types Of Ammo

Not a toy.

by James Clark

Here's What You Need To Remember:
The Scavenger 6 is a new rifle that looks like a revolver and can fire 21 different calibers of ammunition, just by swapping out the cylinder.
In a post-apocalyptic scenario where survival is dependent upon scavenging resources, it pays to be prepared. That’s the thinking behind Scavenger 6, a new rifle that can fire 21 different calibers of ammunition.
Though rifle hardly seems a fitting term. It looks like a cross between a .44 Magnum and an M1A1 carbine, and the crazy thing is that’s not inaccurate.
Scavenger 6 was designed and created by Air Force veteran Tim Ralston, who rose to prominence as an inventor and survivalist after appearing on the National Geographic Channel’s “Doomsday Preppers,” a reality television show about post-apocalyptic scenarios and survival planning.
The rifle can fire 21 different calibers of ammunition just by switching out the cylinder barrel, referred to as a CB. However, Ralston notes that if there’s a specific caliber you want, it can be custom ordered, though there are some exceptions: No .50-cal ammo, guys, don’t be ridiculous.
“Because the cylinder and barrel are one, I can get really creative about boring out the cylinder to whatever I want,” explained Ralston.
Scavenger 6 has three multi-caliber CBs, which fire six different rounds — one of each. The multi-caliber CBs are designed to fulfill three unique roles. There’s a hunting CB, which lets you fire ammunition like .223 and .308; a battle CB, which chambers 5.56 and .308, among others; and a survival CB, which is designed to fire ammunition you’re most likely to find lying around.
According to Ralston, Scavenger 6 is designed to solve a specific problem that could arise in a post-apocalyptic situation: Ammo.
“Ammo’s going to be the number-one-sought-after commodity in a post-apocalyptic scenario,” Ralston explained to Task & Purpose.
Fortunately, the world’s not ending just yet, but that doesn’t mean Scavenger 6 isn’t useful.
In addition to the multi-caliber CBs, the rifle comes with standard CBs that are tailored to a specific caliber and can chamber six rounds of that size. So, say, for example, you’re a military aviator and you want a backup weapon in case you’re ever shot down behind enemy lines, you could get a CB that fires 5.56, one that fires 9mm, and another that fires 7.62. You can also customize Scavenger 6 for specific purposes. If you’re headed deep into the wilderness, you may want a .44 Magnum for putting down large animals that pose a threat, as well as a .22 for hunting smaller animals for food.
On top of firing 21 calibers with one weapon system, Scavenger 6 can mount a scope, a foregrip, and has a folding buttstock. Ralston also has plans to add a mount for a strobe light and a laser on the foregrip.
The weapon is in its final stages, with the finished product expected mid-October. Ralston says he plans to officially put Scavenger 6 on the market by January 2017.
Let’s just hope the apocalypse doesn’t come before it goes on sale.
This article by James Clark originally appeared at Task & Purpose. Follow Task & Purpose on Twitter. This article first appeared in 2016.
More Articles from Task & Purpose:

Image: Scavenger 6.

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/r...erent-types-ammo-163273?utm_source=whatfinger

compare-gun.jpg

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Still waiting though, hope it gets off the ground as it looks ideal. "The weapon is in its final stages, with the finished product expected mid-October. Ralston says he plans to officially put Scavenger 6 on the market by January 2017. "

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
How much weight does lugging the other twenty cylinder barrels cost you? Looks more like a solution looking for a problem. A handgun and a carbine both in a ubiquitous caliber is probably cheaper and more practical.

In the US, 9mm or .40S&W would be considered ubiquitous.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Too gimmicky for me.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
$2000 buys a lot of 9MM or .223

arminius

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
A single shot rifle pistol with 21 different exchangeable cylinder barrels is not very practicle, unless you got a lot of money. As noted above, just sticking to common calibers will work, hopefully...

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
$2000 buys a lot of 9MM or .223
That USED to be true. NOW? Not so much and availability is getting tighter and tighter and actually the amount of rounds available is shrinking. If you don't have yours now, you may start having problems getting it in. SGAMMO.COM is where I get all my ammo.

SGammo has .223/5.56 for around $400 per thousand. Only 15 different listings for .223 and not a lot - approx 25k total in large case lots - which for this site is normally a days worth, but given the prices, they still have a little bit.

9mm - total of 9 different listing and ONLY ONE listing is 500 rounds for $280 EXCEPT they don't have any - in 50 round box, they have approximately 10k rounds left

40 cal - total of 58 different listings and LOTS of 1000 round cases - though the prices can go as high as $700 per 1000 round case for the Federal HST hollow points. People wonder WHY I like 40 cal. Because MOST PEOPLE USE OTHER CALIBERS. Fine with me. Because you can still get it.

Last edited:

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
That USED to be true. NOW? Not so much and availability is getting tighter and tighter and actually the amount of rounds available is shrinking. If you don't have yours now, you may start having problems getting it in. SGAMMO.COM is where I get all my ammo.

SGammo has .223/5.56 for around $400 per thousand. Only 15 different listings for .223 and not a lot - approx 25k total in large case lots - which for this site is normally a days worth, but given the prices, they still have a little bit.

9mm - total of 9 different listing and ONLY ONE listing is 500 rounds for $280 EXCEPT they don't have any - in 50 round box, they have approximately 10k rounds left

40 cal - total of 58 different listings and LOTS of 1000 round cases - though the prices can go as high as $700 per 1000 round case for the Federal HST hollow points. People wonder WHY I like 40 cal. Because MOST PEOPLE USE OTHER CALIBERS. Fine with me. Because you can still get it.
I learned my lesson about 12 years ago. I assume most folks on this board did as well, including yourself. I just see the firearm in the OP as more of a novelty. But I'd still rather have 5000 rounds of said factory ammo than the firearm in the post.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Bad idea. It tries to solve a problem that does not exist. Not practical considering the available alternatives. Who is going to inventory all the spare parts and 21 different tyoes of ammo?