• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Son He Never Had Wants His $4 Million

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
'I was the son he never had': Doorman at luxury Manhattan building goes to court to fight the nephew of reclusive resident, 80, who he knew for 28 years, over $4million handwritten will

• Eddie Hoti worked in the building where Stephen S. Evans lived for 28 years
  • Before Evans died in September, he wrote his last will naming him as his heir
  • It gave Hoti his apartment and other staff in the building his money and stocks
  • The 80-year-old had $3.2million in Exxonmobil shares and two bank accounts
  • The apartment's value is unknown but others in the building of the same size are worth $500,000
  • Evans' nephew Michael is contesting the legality of the will that his uncle left
  • They are now fighting in court over the fortune which both say is rightfully theirs

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5721163/Upper-East-doorman-goes-court-fight-nephew-tenant-80-4million.html#ixzz5FIh2NbDk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I can hear Dave Ramsey now

Unless you are trying to start trouble after you die, tell your heirs and your expectant heirs where they stand.

Leave no doubt before you go

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Woman, 31, claiming to be the long-lost daughter of a New York real estate developer says she is entitled to his $94million fortune

• Ashley Mengoni, 31, has claimed to be the long-lost daughter of Fred Mengoni
  • She says she was a product of Mengoni's 1986 marriage to Christine Foisy
  • Fred Mengoni, who died in February 2018, left behind a $94million fortune
  • He was a developer and his portfolio includes six rental buildings in Manhattan
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...aims-daughter-late-millionaire-developer.html

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hey, wait

I knew them all,

I have, around here, someplace, the real wills, they left it all to me
i just gotta find it here somewhere

There are lawyers who'll accept payment to fight these issues in court,
What A System!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Star of Chicago PD claims that a Wall Street mogul is her father and she's breaking her long-kept secret after he didn't include her in his will

• Actress Marina Squerciati says financier John R. Jakobson was her father
  • Jakobson passed away in 2017 at the age of 86, leaving a $100million fortune
  • Marina, who plays Officer Kim Burgess on Chicago PD, claims he promised to include her in his will, but he failed to do so
  • She kept her father's identity a secret until she was not listed as a beneficiary
  • Jakobson has three living children, all of whom were included in the will
  • Mogul's widow Joan Jakobson says she was unaware of his alleged love child
  • Family lawyers say Marina's allegations have 'no basis in fact or law' to include her in the will
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-Street-mogul-father-doesnt-include-will.html

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm going to spend the last years of my life in the PI.. Not going to get married, just have a bunch of kids with a bunch of different women so when I die they all have a claim to SS and I'll leave clues as to where the gold and silver is buried. 1st one to find it gets it. :)

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I'm going to spend the last years of my life in the PI.. Not going to get married, just have a bunch of kids with a bunch of different women so when I die they all have a claim to SS and I'll leave clues as to where the gold and silver is buried. 1st one to find it gets it. :)
If I had any gold coins, which of course I don't, and I had any left when I'm about to go I would throw them all in the water at my favorite beaches and leave cryptic clues on my metal detecting forum on where to find them.

Don't have a underwater metal detector? No beach hunting skills? Don't live near my AO?
Think metal detecting folks are stupid? No Gold for you! . .
aarock.gif

aasnoopy.gif

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I’d rather splurge and have an ambulance crew (paid in gold), move me to a Carabbean Beach and feed me the good stuff til I expired

I sweated, struggled, and stressed to acquire; no way I’m throwing it away

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Woman who pulled plug on her fiance's kayak wins portion of his $500,000 life insurance money despite being convicted of killing him

• Angelika Graswald won an undisclosed portion of her fiance's Vincent Viafore's $500,000 life insurance payout on Monday
  • She caused his death by pulling the drain plug from his kayak during a 2015 trip
  • Graswald pleaded guilty to negligent homicide last year instead of murder
  • She was released from jail in December for time served and is now in a halfway house
  • By law, she was technically still allowed to claim the money but Vincent's distraught family tried to stop her
  • Viatore's mother and sister, the other beneficiaries, say they are 'happy' the matter is now behind them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ad-fianc-s-500-000-life-insurance-payout.html

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Woman who pulled plug on her fiance's kayak wins portion of his $500,000 life insurance money despite being convicted of killing him

• Angelika Graswald won an undisclosed portion of her fiance's Vincent Viafore's $500,000 life insurance payout on Monday
  • She caused his death by pulling the drain plug from his kayak during a 2015 trip
  • Graswald pleaded guilty to negligent homicide last year instead of murder
  • She was released from jail in December for time served and is now in a halfway house
  • By law, she was technically still allowed to claim the money but Vincent's distraught family tried to stop her
  • Viatore's mother and sister, the other beneficiaries, say they are 'happy' the matter is now behind them

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ad-fianc-s-500-000-life-insurance-payout.html
2 things.

I have seen dozens of kayaks of different makes and never recall seeing one with a drain plug. I have a Old Town Loon and my wife has a Dagger. Neither have drain plugs, but we have had them for years so maybe drain plugs are a new thing?

You sit in the bottom of a kayak. Had a drain plug been pulled the guy would have been up to his crotch in cold river water before he could have taken 2 paddles away from shore.

I remember reading this story when it happened and it made zero sense to me back then too.

aacraz.gif

Last edited: