• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Thinking Of Getting A Tattoo? These 35 Pics Reveal How Tattoos Age Over Time

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Thinking Of Getting A Tattoo? These 35 Pics Reveal How Tattoos Age Over Time

Art
By Inga Ko

Your new tattoo might look pretty awesome now, but have you ever wondered what it'd look like when you're older? Well, check out this list compiled by Bored Panda, to see for yourself how tattoo ink fades over time.

There are many reasons as to why this happens. The type of ink can make a big difference for example, with cheaper ink often fading much quicker than higher quality alternatives. The color of the ink makes a big difference too, as the lighter the ink, the faster it fades (remember that next time you're thinking about getting one of those white ink tattoos!). Another thing to consider is the placement of your tattoo, as this can also influence the speed with which it fades. Tattoos on areas that see a lot of activity, such as your feet and your fingers, are much more likely to fade more quickly than tattoos on your back or chest for example. Also, the tattoo design comes in play too - the smaller and more intricate the detailing is, the more chance it will get blurred years later. And never forget to search for a highly skilled and qualified tattoo artist, as he is the one who will execute the work itself.

One way to keep your tattoo looking fresh is to ensure that you follow the proper healing procedures as even the best tattoos can be affected by not taking proper care. Most tattoo parlors will advise you about this, so make sure you pay attention! Also, as tempting as it might be, don't spend too much time touching your new tattoo idea that came to life, as this can lead to discoloration and infection. Finally, if your tattoo is new then try to keep it out of the sun, and even when it's fully healed, make sure you always wear the highest SPF sunscreen on any exposed tattoos whenever you're out and about.

Final score:
116points

Jonathan Eatsalot
2 years ago
looks better aged given the subject
View More Replies...View more comments

reddit.comReport
Final score:
98points

GlassOfWater
2 years ago
This still looks in good condition

Mathew FosterReport
Final score:
79points

Rafael Tiba
2 years ago
I was half-expecting the wave to have crashed.

can-i-pet-ur-dogReport
Final score:
71points

Luc Mailloux
2 years ago
The black-scale stuff looks good.

Final score:
68points

J.E.C.
2 years ago
I mean, it is small print very close together. You know it is going to bleed a little so this was a bad call, the tattoo artist should have told them this would happen. Maybe they did..

When I had decided to get the tattoo done, I knew that the area was not ideal and that the tattoo would fade at some point. I made a point to follow the aftercare instructions "to a T". My expectation was that I would have this tattoo for longer than a week.
tiramisu_motorReport
Final score:
66points

Martha Liebenberg
2 years ago
It's called a blowout. Happens when the needle goes too deep into the skin. Fingers are very hard to do, the skin is flimsy. It could happen the most skilled artists. It's just a poor choice in placement. That's all.

tattoodo.comReport
Final score:
58points

Laury M.
2 years ago
Lighting, camera angle and quality are all wildly different, so that's not entirely fair.

ghoooooooooostReport
Final score:
55points

GlassOfWater
2 years ago
Still looks okay

AimeelinnReport
Final score:
50points

Michel M. Prins
2 years ago
Interesting tribal design. A quick touch up should do the trick, that's the nice part about a tribal tattoo

ghoooooooooostReport
Final score:
38points

Jessica Bailey
2 years ago
Looks cute and I like it better aged.
View more comments

Mate MiklosReport
Final score:
36points

Notchimine Mette
2 years ago
A decomposed Michael Jackson...

Ink RegretReport
Final score:
35points

Michel M. Prins
2 years ago
The dark tone of the current one actually compliments the fact that it should represent an ancient Celtic symbol. Giving it a touch-up would be nice, but won't be all that necessary

rodneyrainesReport
Final score:
34points

J.E.C.
2 years ago
that's really not that bad.

criticalerrorkaReport
Final score:
34points

Hope Floats
2 years ago
I don't know what kind of coloured ink was used here,but I had a blue butterfly tattooed 17 years ago and it's still bright blue today... ( Maybe it's down to the ink they use?)

rebeccalizeReport
Final score:
34points

more at link