• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Tools & Equipment For DIY'ers, Homeowners, Gardeners, Wood Workers, Etc.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Got a Black+Decker 20v MAX pole saw today! The 20v MAX lithium battery set up for Dewalt/Black+Decker looks like a winner and it will be around for a while.
And it's been around long enough that big 2.5 and 4.0 AH aftermarket batteries are cheap on ebay.

Been wanting a pole saw but I wasn't crazy about spending $400+ for a gas powered Stihl I was only going to use once and a while. And even used Stihl's cost plenty.
This bugger was $70 free shipping and has really good reviews on a lot of websites so I gave it a go. I have 3 20v batteries and 2 chargers already.
I walked around the yard for about 1/2 hour today cutting off annoying branches and I'm impressed! It cuts really well and is easy to use. This isn't something you are going to want to reef on but it does the job.

It will be great cutting shooting lanes for my hunting blind up at the cabin and keeping my quad trails open.

https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER...352&sr=8-3&keywords=black+decker+20v+pole+saw

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Pole sawed for about an hour today, this thing is freaking cool! . .
aarock.gif

Trimmed all the branches reaching over the yard and cut all the branches around the power line leading to the house.
I did a lot of cutting on all different size branches and the battery never slowed down. This tool is a winner!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Got a Black+Decker 20v MAX pole saw today! The 20v MAX lithium battery set up for Dewalt/Black+Decker looks like a winner and it will be around for a while.
And it's been around long enough that big 2.5 and 4.0 AH aftermarket batteries are cheap on ebay.

Been wanting a pole saw but I wasn't crazy about spending $400+ for a gas powered Stihl I was only going to use once and a while. And even used Stihl's cost plenty.
This bugger was $70 free shipping and has really good reviews on a lot of websites so I gave it a go. I have 3 20v batteries and 2 chargers already.
I walked around the yard for about 1/2 hour today cutting off annoying branches and I'm impressed! It cuts really well and is easy to use. This isn't something you are going to want to reef on but it does the job.

It will be great cutting shooting lanes for my hunting blind up at the cabin and keeping my quad trails open.

https://www.amazon.com/BLACK-DECKER...352&sr=8-3&keywords=black+decker+20v+pole+saw
Quick follow up on the B&D Pole Saw. The standard B&D 1.5 amp hour 20v battery is good enough for their drills and impact drivers but if you are going to use big high draw tools like the pole saw I strongly suggest you get 1 or 2 of the aftermarket 4 amp hour batteries that are common and cheap on ebay.

I got this one right here, chinese VANON brand and it will literally run the saw all day and then I put it on the slow charger overnight. The seller is good too I get the battery in a few days shipped from Illinois.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-4-0Ah-Li-ion-20V-Battery-for-Black-Decker-LB2X4020-LBXR20-CHH2220-LBX20/122561765708?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I also got one of these 2 amp hour batteries for my impact driver. Once again cheap and lasts longer than original B&D batteries.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Black-...-0Ah-20V-Max-Lithium-Ion-Battery/122628891689

m

Last edited:

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I used this leaf blower to sweep out my 3-car garage. I wait until the wife unit leaves and it takes 30 seconds. If I used a broom it would take several minutes and more physical work. I only recharge the battery every other month.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Poulan Pro PB301

Possibly the most poorly engineered flaw riddled pathetic excuse for a riding lawn mower ever invented.
But it looks good! . :2 thumbs up:

By a series of events I was given one of these mowers after the original owner gave up on it and hired a lawn service.
Yep, free and only about 8 months old. It is that bad. I got it in late September of this year.

Now I truly like rear engine riding lawn mowers. I used a gold colored Montgomery Wards riding mower for probably 12 years growing up mowing my parents lawn. I wonder what ever happened to that? Probably still running somewhere.
I like their simple one belt operation. I like their light weight and basic design. I like their agility and tight turning. I have a Troy Bilt 30 inch rear engine riding mower I use at my cabin where I mow over an acre of grass and it's a great machine. Kinda like the old days for me just more comfortable and it actually has safety features.

This Poulan though, sheeit what a dud!

Good points:
It has a proven, solid 10.5 HP Briggs & Stratton engine. It's actually the same engine that's on my Troy Bilt. It's a really nice engine.
It will mow in reverse. This is nice, my Troy Bilt won't do this.
It has a nice seat.
It's a sharp modern looking mower.

The bad:
The steering is atrocious. I mean it steers nice and tight when it steers. When I got it the left wheel was flopping around. Took me a while to spot the ridiculous flaw here. I kept looking for a missing part because nobody would build something this stupid, but they did. On the right side there is an upper and lower steering arm directing the wheel, top is connected to the steering crosslink bottom is attached to the steering rack. OK cool.
On the left side there is only one steering arm on the top connected to the steering crosslink. That's it! The one 1/4 inch nut had come a little loose and the stud and the hole in the steering arm had flopped around and mashed both all out of round. I rigged it with shims and blasted it together with my impact driver to make it work for now. I have figured out a way to fix it with a new crosslink, a hardened bushing and I'll drill out the hole in the steering arm to fit the bushing. I'll do that over the winter.

The thing is one wheel drive. Seriously? Yep! It will not go up a hill. It will not go around the side of an incline or the inside of a gently sloping ditch. It will not be able to free it's self if you drop the front wheel into a mole hole. It just stops. And that one good wheel just spins.

The engine is set too far back. I don't know how they managed this but all the weight is in the back. It looks OK but once you are on it the balance is horrible. Even the gas tank and battery is behind the rear axle. It does a wheelie if you let the clutch out just a c-hair too fast.
A freaking 5 year old boy could grab the cute little yellow front bumper and flip your ass over like a turtle.

I don't dare look into the mower deck and belt assembly. So far it works but I know, I know there is more fuckery lurking there.

If you want a riding lawn mower get the Troy Bilt. I love mine it's hard working and fun.

I never would have thought Husqvarna would build such a bad product as this fecking Poulan. And I'm stuck with it.

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Perfect example why I use Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries for pretty much all of the gizmos I own now.
Crap batteries can ruin a beloved metal detector or flashlight in no time.
You can get ultimate lithium batteries for cheap on ebay if you hunt for them and buy in bulk.
Here is a great lot I snagged a week or so ago. These expire in 2037.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-86-Energizer-Ultimate-Lithium-Batteries-Brand-New-AA-AAA-9V/182930358518?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
79 basic tools in 1 bag $27.99 no tax free shipping BRAND NEW!

Look I realize you aren't going to be building houses like Stonedy with this set, but for us regular Joe's who have to keep up on our houses and do some projects the ease of having damn near everything in one bag is worth the price alone!

Yep, I ordered one. These are $87.99 right now at walmart. $88.31 on Jet.com

Black & Decker BCPKSBD99CWM Home Project Kit, 79pcs.
The selected Stanley tools and accessories are perfect for most of your home DIY needs. The 20V MAX Black + Decker Lithium Ion Drill Project Kit comes with a carrying bag for easy portability and convenient storage.

https://vipoutlet.com/product/black-decker-bcpksbd99cwm-home-project-kit-79pcs/

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
79 basic tools in 1 bag $27.99 no tax free shipping BRAND NEW!

Look I realize you aren't going to be building houses like Stonedy with this set, but for us regular Joe's who have to keep up on our houses and do some projects the ease of having damn near everything in one bag is worth the price alone!

Yep, I ordered one. These are $87.99 right now at walmart. $88.31 on Jet.com

Black & Decker BCPKSBD99CWM Home Project Kit, 79pcs.
The selected Stanley tools and accessories are perfect for most of your home DIY needs. The 20V MAX Black + Decker Lithium Ion Drill Project Kit comes with a carrying bag for easy portability and convenient storage.

https://vipoutlet.com/product/black-decker-bcpksbd99cwm-home-project-kit-79pcs/

So I got the set and all the tools look great except the stapler and the storage bag. They are both is pretty light and cheap but the rest are solid tools. I found a really good bag with a solid bottom at Menards for $10 I will pick up. I really like the compact drill driver. All in all a hell of a deal!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Update to jobsite table saws. I purchased one of these with my EBAY bucks certificates last year and finally got around to unbox and use it. For me I can see this is a real winner. It will not take the place of my stationary table saw but for job site use I can see that I wont be taking my corded jobsite saw with me nowhere near as much as before. Everything packs up into a neat package within the saw body and is easily carried. The blade at 8 1/4 inch wont rip as deep as the 10 inch corded model but at 2 1/2" can easily handle 2 inch nominal lumber making it good enough for me. I built a privacy fence at one of my rentals last summer and wish I had this back then...it would have made things a lot easier

https://www.dewalt.com/products/pow...olt-60v-max-table-saw-1-battery-kit/dcs7485t1