• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Trey Gowdy joins Trump legal team

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Trey Gowdy joins Trump legal team

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump (all times local):

© Provided by The Associated Press President Donald Trump departs after a ceremony to present the Presidential Medal of Freedom to former Attorney General Edwin Meese, in the Oval Office of the White House, Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2019, in Washington. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)
6:50 p.m.

Former Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy has been tapped to serve as outside counsel to President Donald Trump as the House impeachment inquiry expands.

— Jill Colvin

__

5:10 p.m.

The White House has notified the House that the Trump administration will not participate in what it is calling Democrats' "illegitimate" impeachment probe.

White House Counsel Pat Cipollone writes in a letter to House Democratic leaders that their inquiry has processed in a "manner that violates fundamental fairness and constitutionally mandated due process" and "lacks any legitimate constitutional foundation" or "pretense of fairness."

The letter comes the same day Trump intensified his fight with Congress by blocking Gordon Sondland, the U.S. European Union ambassador, from testifying behind closed doors about the president's dealings with Ukraine.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff called Sondland's no-show "additional strong evidence" of obstruction of Congress by Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo that will only strengthen Democrats' case.

__

2 a.m.

The White House has launched a high-stakes strategy to counter the impeachment threat to President Donald Trump: Stall. Obfuscate. Attack. Repeat.

One of the administration's first moves: The State Department on Tuesday barred Gordon Sondland, the U.S. European Union ambassador, from appearing before a House panel conducting the impeachment inquiry into Trump.

Sondland's attorney, Robert Luskin, says his client is "profoundly disappointed" that he won't be able to testify.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Hope he's a better defense lawyer than he is a prosecutor.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Jesus Christ could join the Trump Team and nothing would change.

Call me a doubting Thomas but I’ll believe when the High Level players start making the perp walk.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Jesus Christ could join the Trump Team and nothing would change.

Call me a doubting Thomas but I’ll believe when the High Level players start making the perp walk.
I believe that this impeachment process is how the evidence can/will be brought to light; if so, this may be the beginning of the end for said high level players.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
This week’s special guest folks is Trey Gowdy.

He’ll get the delusional Trumpets all fired up on the talk news circuit at $5000 a pop but much like his political careee he’ll accomplish nothing.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

Last edited:

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
He may have brought a lot to the surface while in Congress but I think his hands were tied then.
We all deserve second chances. Less acting and more doing on Trey's part would be helpful. But he's a lawyer by trade; I'm not optimistic!

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Says the person that gets all excited over Justin Trudeau.
When was that meatball? My joke a few weeks ago when I took a pic of the Hamilton Bulldogs head coach cause he looked like Trudeau.
Turn off Fox News and get a life bro. Cheers

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
He talks a good game, but I never saw him get anything done other than illuminate impropriety with the Clintons and nothing happened anyway.
How can anything be done when the DoJ refuses to prosecute the people that Congress refers? Now we have people being arrested at the airport for "campaign finance" issues when HRC literally mishandled Classified information and destroyed evidence that Congress had subpoenaed.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
All I watch now is GIM TV.
chit man,

knowing that, I am going to have to shower, get my hair done, and brush my teeth for criminy sakes,

omg, what is next ............. they'll probably want me to smile