• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Trump falsely asserts he never promised Mexico would directly pay for the border wall.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Trump now claims he never said Mexico would directly foot the bill.

“Obviously, I never said this, and I never meant they’re going to write out a check,” the president told reporters Thursday at the White House.

He did say it — at least 212 times during his campaign and dozens more since he took office. And he put it in writing — in a March 2016 memo to news outlets that was then posted on his campaign website.

Specifically, Trump threatened to cut off billions of dollars in remittance payments from Mexican nationals in the United States to families in their home country. That, he proclaimed, would pressure the Mexican government to cough up “a one-time payment of $5-10 billion” for the wall.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...36fa44b80ba_story.html?utm_term=.b0180d4ad666

lol

FoundingFathers

Founder
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter ++
Anyone who thought he meant Mexico was going to write a check or send a paypal for the wall is an idiot.

He obviously meant, and stated during debates that they would pay "one way or the other". In this case, he used it partially as leverage for a new trade deal.

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
He did say it — at least 212 times during his campaign and dozens more since he took office. And he put it in writing — in a March 2016 memo to news outlets that was then posted on his campaign website.
I'm certainly not going to research the "212 times" the Washington Post claims. Looking at the one they provide as an example in the linked story, it says: "There are several ways to compel Mexico to pay for the wall including the following:", followed by 4 steps that could be taken. Nowhere in these steps does it indicate Mexico writing a check, or any sort of one time payment. And it specifically mentions paying for the wall with offsets from other actions.

So the dumb reporters make a false statement, then back it up with an example that plainly contradicts what they're claiming. If I were stupid enough to make the false statements, I'd at least try to find an example that supports it!

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Here's another press whopper: https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-makes-several-misstatements-213051963.html

One point in the story says: "
Before he even left on his trip, Trump delivered a false statement while speaking to reporters outside the White House. He said the wall was necessary, in part, because most of the drugs that enter the U.S. come through the southern border.

"And they don't come in through the portals, they come in between the portals where you have no barrier," he said, apparently referring to ports of entry."

The story then "proves" this is false by pointing to data that says almost all of the drugs that were "intercepted" and "captured" last year were taken at legal points of entry. Are these so-called journalists really this dumb? Dumber than rocks doesn't do justice their logic capabilities.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
If I were a journalist, today, I'd be embarrassed for what my career has become
I'd be nothing more than a charter member of The Liars Club

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
If I were a journalist, today, I'd be embarrassed for what my career has become
I'd be nothing more than a charter member of The Liars Club
Mass Communication graduates from the local University qualify for jobs in retail and fast food. Of course they lie because telling a certain segment of society what they want to hear is all they have to earn their scraps from the table.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Specifically, Trump threatened to cut off billions of dollars in remittance payments from Mexican nationals in the United States to families in their home country. That, he proclaimed, would pressure the Mexican government to cough up “a one-time payment of $5-10 billion” for the wall.
That sounds to me like Mexico will most definitely pay for the wall ... and again, it's a smooth approach. No drama, no nonsense, just quietly going about the business of running this country - running it in the manner that his supporters asked him to.

Not every international disagreement has to be resolved with carpet bombing ...

Just like he handled the invasion caravan. He sat back - and with minimal intervention, stopped them in their tracks.. Mexico is STILL paying for that fiasco.

Anyone who thought he meant Mexico was going to write a check or send a paypal for the wall is an idiot.

He obviously meant, and stated during debates that they would pay "one way or the other". In this case, he used it partially as leverage for a new trade deal.
I believe they will . Trump is not a perfect man, but he is the perfect Commander in Chief for us today. OOH RAH

Hystckndle

CONFORMADAPTKICKSOMEASS!!!
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter

Cotrect, that is the way I ALWAYS,
thought about it.
How anyone thinks they were gonna write us a check is beyond me.

skychief

enthusiastic stacker
Silver Miner
If this is the only campaign 'promise' he reneges on I'm good with that....
Sadly, it isn't.

. . . . He promised to repeal ObamaCare. . . . . promise not kept. . . . .He promised to defund Planned Parenthood. . . . . nope. . . . . .

“I will ask, to appoint a special prosecutor. We have to investigate Hillary Clinton, and we have to investigate the investigation.”

ain't gonna happen.

“I'm putting the people on notice that are coming here from Syria, as part of this mass migration, that if I win, if I win, they're going back.”

No they're not, Mr. President.

He promised to balance the Federal budget. . . . . . "It can be done. ... It will take place and it will go relatively quickly." . . . . . . ummm, No.

There are more...

EO 11110

Posting from Epstein Island
Mother Lode
his plan appears to be to let the illegals in, then tax some of their tens of millions of children when they reach working age

Hystckndle

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Sadly, it isn't.

. . . . He promised to repeal ObamaCare. . . . . promise not kept. . . . .He promised to defund Planned Parenthood. . . . . nope. . . . . .

“I will ask, to appoint a special prosecutor. We have to investigate Hillary Clinton, and we have to investigate the investigation.”

ain't gonna happen.

“I'm putting the people on notice that are coming here from Syria, as part of this mass migration, that if I win, if I win, they're going back.”

No they're not, Mr. President.

He promised to balance the Federal budget. . . . . . "It can be done. ... It will take place and it will go relatively quickly." . . . . . . ummm, No.

There are more...
Even he,
Billionaire,
Did not grasp the enormity
of the weight of the do nothing
and status quo ball that
needs to be pushed....and uphill at that.
True, all could be done,
And MUCH more.
IF the obstructionists would either stand asside or assist in any way.
Dependence on free ice cream,
The benefits of the system,
Entrenched, engrained
Way more than a 4 year tour.
Perhaps even unstoppable or unturnable.
JMHO
Regards to all.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Even he,
Billionaire,
Did not grasp the enormity
of the weight of the do nothing
and status quo ball that
needs to be pushed....and uphill at that.
True, all could be done,
And MUCH more.
IF the obstructionists would either stand asside or assist in any way.
Dependence on free ice cream,
The benefits of the system,
Entrenched, engrained
Way more than a 4 year tour.
Perhaps even unstoppable or unturnable.
JMHO
Regards to all.
You’re right, Haystack. If DT fails, it will be because of the enormous push back on common sense by the free shit army and their enablers. In that case, this sad country will deserve every bad thing that happens to it. I hate to think of that scenario, but there it is. Anybody who is against Trump is for the complete destruction of this country, as it was founded and for the communist tyranny that will certainly replace it. Wear your anti-America hats, Trump haters.

edsl48

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I am not defending Trump...but consider according to this Mexico is devoting some of its funding to stop the illegals

Mexico Prepares for Arrival of Next Central American Migrant Caravan

Mexico Prepares for Arrival of Next Central American Migrant Caravan

Diego Oré, Reuters, January 9, 2019

The head of Mexico’s immigration office, Tonatiuh Guillen, left on Wednesday on a trip to El Salvador and Honduras to meet with his counterparts and other authorities, said Interior Ministry spokesman Hector Gandini.
Mexico hopes to discourage a mass exodus from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, and wants Central Americans who decide to migrate north to do so in an orderly way and through legal ports of entry.
“The doors to Mexico are open to anyone who wants to enter in an orderly fashion,” Gandini told Reuters in a telephone interview. “But whoever wants to come in illegally will be deported.”

There are 12 legal ports of entry for Central Americans on Mexico’s southern border, but Mexican authorities have identified an additional 370 illegal points of entry on that frontier, Interior Minister Olga Sanchez said this week.
{snip}
The illegal entry points will be “monitored and controlled to avoid undocumented access of people to our territory,” Sanchez said.
Guatemala’s deputy foreign minister, Pablo Cesar Garcia, met with Mexican authorities on Tuesday to discuss the caravan and to “provide all the necessary support to the migrants,” said Guatemalan Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Marta Larra.

While other social media posts invite people to leave from nearby Santa Barbara on Jan. 20, U.S. authorities hoped to dissuade Central Americans from making the journey.

Hystckndle

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
You’re right, Haystack. If DT fails, it will be because of the enormous push back on common sense by the free shit army and their enablers. In that case, this sad country will deserve every bad thing that happens to it. I hate to think of that scenario, but there it is. Anybody who is against Trump is for the complete destruction of this country, as it was founded and for the communist tyranny that will certainly replace it. Wear your anti-America hats, Trump haters.
Fiat
Ruins
All

Just saying.