• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Unemployment sale, need a cushion in the bank

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Some of you know I was let go at my work 2 weeks ago, and so I want to just get a quick financial cushion. What do you all think about selling to APMEX? Do they pay near or at the spot price?

I have a variety of things I'd like to move, you know my least favorites.

If you are interested in any of these, please PM me and we can discuss it. I would like to get at least melt on them and any purchases over $1000 would get free shipping and signature confirmation. PP F&F would be preferred, but other options would be considered since I'm not in a rush to get this done.

The list:
Quantity Item

Any Silver bugs here? I have some oddball foreign and SBSS bullion rounds in air-tite capsules. See the photos below for an example of the sets. I have a few sets leftover if anyone wants them. I have them in the world coins in either 4 or 6 coins. If you want more than whats listed, I can always scavenge from the coin sets, but I'd prefer keeping them intact.

worldset.JPG sbss.JPG
Freedom Girl from SBSS, $20 ea, 2 available, one 2014, one 2013
freedomgirlo.JPG freedomgirlr.JPG
2014 Britannia with the horse privy on edge, $23 ea, 17 available
horsebritanniao.JPG horsebritanniar.JPG
2015 Britannia with reeded edge, $19 ea, 8 available
reededbritanniao.JPG reededbritanniar.JPG
Compare the edges here
Britannia rim.jpg
Australian Kook, 2009 in mint capsule, $55 each, 2 available
kookr.JPG kooko.JPG

Good old libertad, 2015, $20, 6 available
libertado.JPG libertadr.JPG

2015 Maple Leaf with the "security features" and the maple leaf privy, $19 ea, 7 available
mapleo.JPG mapler.JPG

2015 Funnel Web Spider from Australia $21 ea, 14 available
Spiderr.JPG spidero.JPG

2015 Chinese Panda, $27, 8 available
pandao.JPG pandar.JPG

And for you Silver bar fans, here's 3 of them
opmbars.JPG

$30 face value 40% Silver Coins Kennedy halves AU/BU

Last edited:

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
first off ....i have been looking at sites to sell palladium when i am ready......so far the best "major" sites to sell to have been..... SD Bullion and JM Bullion...from what i see most items are at spot or below...exceptions would be American coins but it changes often...

tried to start a direct conversation with you....

Last edited:

CopperSilverGold

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sorry to hear of your job loss. Depending on what my annual bonus is (expect to find out in the next week or so), I may be wanting to make a purchase. But don't hold anything for me if you find a buyer. Good luck.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Some of you know I was let go at my work 2 weeks ago, and so I want to just get a quick financial cushion. What do you all think about selling to APMEX? Do they pay near or at the spot price?

I have a variety of things I'd like to move, you know my least favorites.

If you are interested in any of these, please PM me and we can discuss it. I would like to get at least melt on them and any purchases over $1000 would get free shipping and signature confirmation. PP F&F would be preferred, but other options would be considered since I'm not in a rush to get this done.

The list:
Quantity Item

40 - 2015 1 oz Silver American Eagle BU in (2) mint tubes
$30 face value 40% Silver Coins Kennedy halves AU/BU
$100 Face 90% Ag Wash. Quarters $100 Face-Value Apmex Bag
2 - France Gold 20 Francs Lucky Angel Avg Circ
3 - France Gold 20 Francs French Rooster AU (Random)
6 - $10 Liberty Gold Eagle XF (Random Year)
3 - $10 Liberty Gold Eagle (Cleaned)
When I sold to them I got a hold of a rep and they gave me an email to send my list to. Then they sent it back with there offers. I then took off the items I didn't feel were going to get their values worth and sent it back for final tally.

I then made the trip there in person and it was smooth and gracious.

Best part was getting great prices on certain items like $40-$120 per ounce for silver rounds (Perth Kangaroos) when spot was around $15 so I say give em a list and see what they offer. You won't get bound to anything.

IMG_20190218_203130850 - Edited.jpg

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
NM, that's a great idea. I might just put together a full list of things I'm willing to let go of. I do have some fun stuff, Britannia's with horse privy, funnel spiders, odd privy Maples...

How about old US Mint sets? I would like to keep the SAE tubes and get rid of bulky American Legacy sets or proof and burnished SAE's from West Point.

Also have some non-PM Mint sets, presidential dollar sets, proof clad coin sets.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
NM, that's a great idea. I might just put together a full list of things I'm willing to let go of. I do have some fun stuff, Britannia's with horse privy, funnel spiders, odd privy Maples...

How about old US Mint sets? I would like to keep the SAE tubes and get rid of bulky American Legacy sets or proof and burnished SAE's from West Point.

Also have some non-PM Mint sets, presidential dollar sets, proof clad coin sets.
The only thing you have to lose is the time putting together a list. You'll likely be disappointed with some and ecstatic with others. If they don't want to buy it they will make that note.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
i would think US mint sets and odd items like that would be best sold on ebay....but i would be curious as to what dealers offer on that type bullion....

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i would think US mint sets and odd items like that would be best sold on ebay....but i would be curious as to what dealers offer on that type bullion....
IME, you're first thought works best. Mint sets were one of the items I decided not to sell once I got their prices.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
When I sold to them I got a hold of a rep and they gave me an email to send my list to. Then they sent it back with there offers. I then took off the items I didn't feel were going to get their values worth and sent it back for final tally.

I then made the trip there in person and it was smooth and gracious.

Best part was getting great prices on certain items like $40-$120 per ounce for silver rounds (Perth Kangaroos) when spot was around $15 so I say give em a list and see what they offer. You won't get bound to anything.

View attachment 125065
did you drive them over to OKC to sell them?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
did you drive them over to OKC to sell them?
Sure did. They even stayed late to accommodate me! Really nice gracious staff.

I strolled in there with a heavy cardboard box, shorts, tank-top and flip flops. Was hilarious.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Sure did. They even stayed late to accommodate me! Really nice gracious staff.

I strolled in there with a heavy cardboard box, shorts, tank-top and flip flops. Was hilarious.
i always thought that would be a good way to do a "heavy weight" sale .....shipping always worries me ...and OKC is about a 5hr drive for me

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i always thought that would be a good way to do a "heavy weight" sale .....shipping always worries me ...and OKC is about a 5hr drive for me
Yeah, I wasn't to confident shipping my life's savings so I was my own "armored car". Was a fun mission. Can't overstate their gracious, down to earth, warm gratitude.

At the actual transaction, we were in a small room with a couple tables and a camera to record it. I plopped my box down, started pulling out stuff and would hand it to him in no particular order, he would open it up, glance at it and mark it off the sheet. When we were through another couple employees came in and took it for processing. I got a bank wire a couple/few days later.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Sorry to hear of your job loss. Depending on what my annual bonus is (expect to find out in the next week or so), I may be wanting to make a purchase. But don't hold anything for me if you find a buyer. Good luck.
I might have some more to list later in the week, depends on what I need to clear out. The Ag is SO heavy, and so swapping it out is good.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Some photos of the French Chickens and the remaining Angel, 0.1867 toz per coin. Tell me which one you want and it'll go out first thing in the morning
These are all sold, sorry all I have left in the sale is some silver.

1551391960816.png 1551392177513.png
1551392017060.png 1551392141115.png
1551392054638.png 1551392096863.png
1551392209035.png 1551392221583.png

Last edited:

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
....want em all :) :) (free?).......oops you might want paid....LOL....in all seriousness how are you pricing them ??

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I sold one earlier for $246 with free shipping, so essentially at the spot price and then I eat the $3 shipping.
I should post the Eagles also, so everyone can fall in love with lady Liberty, and stop fantasizing about the "Freedom Girl" coins.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I sent a yuge list of items to APMEX, of all my small oddball items. Queen's Beasts, odd Turtle and Spider coins from Oceania and Australia, Cougars from Canada.... I'll post the list here also if I get a response from APMEX

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I sent a yuge list of items to APMEX, of all my small oddball items. Queen's Beasts, odd Turtle and Spider coins from Oceania and Australia, Cougars from Canada.... I'll post the list here also if I get a response from APMEX
On that note, the only complaint I had was the delay in getting back to me. It was several days beyond what I was told. It's gonna depend on the rep you got. After recommending a friend to my rep I found out hed moved to a different position otherwise I would tossed ya his name. The squeeky wheel gets the grease.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
So far it seems their turnaround time .is about 24 hours. Which isn't bad if you ask me, though their prices have NOT beaten my LCS so far. I hope so on some of the real collectibles

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Here are some photos I took this afternoon. I have no idea how you can tell the cleaned (the first three) from the uncleaned, I only know because the label is coded that way. These are all sold, sorry all I have left in the sale is some silver.

Eagle06f.JPG Eagle06r.JPG
Eagle07f.JPG Eagle07r.JPG
Eagle08f.JPG Eagle08r.JPG
Eagle09f.JPG Eagle09r.JPG
Eagle10f.JPG Eagle10r.JPG
Eagle11f.JPG Eagle11r.JPG
Eagle12f.JPG Eagle12r.JPG
Eagle13f.JPG Eagle13r.JPG

Last edited:

Rip Van Winkle

Seeker
Seeker
Price on cleaned ones?

Rip Van Winkle

Seeker
Seeker

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
No silver fans out there? I know it's a lot harder sell, especially things that aren't just bullion.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
No Problem, I know it's hard out there even when you have a full-time job. Thanks!

Rcpb2000

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
I should be hitting you up for some of the silver coins and some more gold. Just waiting for the bonus to come through.

stas3000

Silver Miner
Seeker
As expected, just completed another successful purchase via GIM2! Thank you, lumpOgold, for helping me improve my collection.

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Yes, I do still have the Libertads, 22 in air-tites and several more in multi-coin sets.

Last edited:

lumpOgold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Here are a few things I have in the closet,, some oddities and some good bullion. Let me know if you are interested in these and I'll meet or beat APMEX and have very minimal shipping charges. Some come in air-tites, some don't, the "raw" coins will ship in flips.

Mr Trump! 2016 Trump Dollars
Bullion-01.jpg Bullion-02.jpg

2015 Austrian Philharmonics
Bullion-03.jpg

2017 NZ Athenian Owl - Super Stackable
Bullion-05.jpg

2016 NZ Lunar Year of the MOnkey
Bullion-07.jpg

2016 Aussie Kangaroo
Bullion-09.jpg

2015 Mexican Libertad
Bullion-11.jpg