• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

US Patent US6506148B2

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Shoot's post made me curious as to just what this was about. So...

Nervous system manipulation by electromagnetic fields from monitors
USPTO

Abstract
Physiological effects have been observed in a human subject in response to stimulation of the skin with weak electromagnetic fields that are pulsed with certain frequencies near ½ Hz or 2.4 Hz, such as to excite a sensory resonance. Many computer monitors and TV tubes, when displaying pulsed images, emit pulsed electromagnetic fields of sufficient amplitudes to cause such excitation. It is therefore possible to manipulate the nervous system of a subject by pulsing images displayed on a nearby computer monitor or TV set. For the latter, the image pulsing may be embedded in the program material, or it may be overlaid by modulating a video stream, either as an RF signal or as a video signal. The image displayed on a computer monitor may be pulsed effectively by a simple computer program. For certain monitors, pulsed electromagnetic fields capable of exciting sensory resonances in nearby subjects may be generated even as the displayed images are pulsed with subliminal intensity.

Computer monitors and TV monitors can be made to emit weak low-frequency electromagnetic fields merely by pulsing the intensity of displayed images. Experiments have shown that the ½ Hz sensory resonance can be excited in this manner in a subject near the monitor. The 2.4 Hz sensory resonance can also be excited in this fashion. Hence, a TV monitor or computer monitor can be used to manipulate the nervous system of nearby people.

PDF

In my heart of hearts I knew there was a damned good reason to not become enthralled with television.
BF

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Shoot's post made me curious as to just what this was about. So...

Nervous system manipulation by electromagnetic fields from monitors
USPTO

Abstract
Physiological effects have been observed in a human subject in response to stimulation of the skin with weak electromagnetic fields that are pulsed with certain frequencies near ½ Hz or 2.4 Hz, such as to excite a sensory resonance. Many computer monitors and TV tubes, when displaying pulsed images, emit pulsed electromagnetic fields of sufficient amplitudes to cause such excitation. It is therefore possible to manipulate the nervous system of a subject by pulsing images displayed on a nearby computer monitor or TV set. For the latter, the image pulsing may be embedded in the program material, or it may be overlaid by modulating a video stream, either as an RF signal or as a video signal. The image displayed on a computer monitor may be pulsed effectively by a simple computer program. For certain monitors, pulsed electromagnetic fields capable of exciting sensory resonances in nearby subjects may be generated even as the displayed images are pulsed with subliminal intensity.

Computer monitors and TV monitors can be made to emit weak low-frequency electromagnetic fields merely by pulsing the intensity of displayed images. Experiments have shown that the ½ Hz sensory resonance can be excited in this manner in a subject near the monitor. The 2.4 Hz sensory resonance can also be excited in this fashion. Hence, a TV monitor or computer monitor can be used to manipulate the nervous system of nearby people.

PDF

In my heart of hearts I knew there was a damned good reason to not become enthralled with television.
BF
It seems the world's most powerful mass hypnosis machines are screens.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Don't hate me because I'm right!
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
so, effectively, i'm not getting any smarter the longer i remain here....

in front of my computer screen
:computer:
You're getting crazier (if that's even possible) :oriental:

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
This certainly explains a lot...

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
This is VLF, fellas, not anything high frequency.

½ Hz is one cycle in two seconds.
Somehow the brightness variations in the screen creates VLF electromagnetic fields.
Just how this is supposed to affect the way you think is the ?? part to me.
But then I didn't read that whole PDF to see if I could figure it out.
I need a cliffs notes version.

BF

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
This is VLF, fellas, not anything high frequency.

½ Hz is one cycle in two seconds.
Somehow the brightness variations in the screen creates VLF electromagnetic fields.
Just how this is supposed to affect the way you think is the ?? part to me.
But then I didn't read that whole PDF to see if I could figure it out.
I need a cliffs notes version.

BF
Specific patterns of sound and lights can have in extreme effect on the brain. Remember those movies where people are getting sick watching it?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

stoli

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
The strobe lights on police cars and emergency vehicles bug the shit out of me.
The new sirens too. Especially at night when you approach a accident .
Specific patterns of sound and lights can have in extreme effect on the brain. Remember those movies where people are getting sick watching it?
Tough to see with all the strobes and headlights we wooing.

So what exactly are the patent holders trying to patent? To me it looks like a long winded paper about how TV rots brains but where's the invention?