• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Vancouver police "recover" 174 guns during wellness check

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Vancouver police recover 174 guns during wellness check​

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) — Vancouver police say officers recovered 174 guns during a wellness check on a senior Friday.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/10/11/vancouver-police-guns/

An officer and staff from Vancouver Coastal Health, who were part of the Car 87 program responding to the mental health call, found the firearms in the elderly man’s home in Vancouver’s West Side, near West 15th Avenue and Granville Street.
1634086081260.png

The man, 76, was determined to be in poor physical and mental health, was taken to hospital, and placed in urgent care.

VPD has confirmed in a statement to NEWS 1130 that most of the guns were “vintage and from World War Two.”

“The guns were all seized as they were not stored safely,” Vancouver police wrote.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
... “The guns were all seized as they were not stored safely,” Vancouver police wrote.
Lying bastards. Those guns should go to his family. How many thousands of dollars in value was just confiscated from him?

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Welfare check my ass!

And assuming he has a family who cared for him, the police would never have been involved.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Lying bastards. Those guns should go to his family. How many thousands of dollars in value was just confiscated from him?
Canada is now a police state.

That's all...

Like Beer Cooties, insanity among the Power Elites, is spreading globally.

AurumAg

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
"Front toward the enemy"

In Army Basic, when it came time to display our Claymore deployment skills, apparently I was the only (budding MP) who remembered how to do it properly.

At that point, my Infantry Drill Sergeants were half-jokingly encouraging me to recycle as 11B.

I recall being offended when I first stopped behind a P/U with a mock Claymore trailer hitch cover, saying to myself "I'm not the Enemy."

According to the article, this gentleman had an extensive collection of WW2 weaponry; a tragic loss.

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
was taken to hospital, and placed in urgent care.
And he was quickly brought back to youthful exuberance and released into the wild.

I personally knew a guy who may have been a dick but didn't deserve to be locked into a warehouse. He was dumb enough to allow a "nurse" into his house. He only had one gun. The nurse made the phone-call, and that was the end of him; he was urgently cared for in a warehouse (if he is still alive, he is still there), his house was sold.

Inigma

Seeker
Reaction score
Seems the former British empire colonies are all going the same way, tyranny! Funny how it was all predicted by a Brit in the late 1940's.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Seems the former British empire colonies are all going the same way, tyranny! Funny how it was all predicted by a Brit in the late 1940's.
Having insight (or prophetic vision) to the future, is not the same as having the power of persuasion to get a majority of the population to change their ways.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
One old house I renovated... I made "built-in bookshelves"... but the bottom shelf, about 3' off the floor, had a "sliding bottom shelf plank" with a 3 foot high by 4 foot wide by 2 foot deep "drop-space" below... for whatever you needed to "stash out of view"...

The guy I sold it to was pretty pleased when I showed him...

AurumAg

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
One old house I renovated... I made "built-in bookshelves"... but the bottom shelf, about 3' off the floor, had a "sliding bottom shelf plank" with a 3 foot high by 4 foot wide by 2 foot deep "drop-space" below... for whatever you needed to "stash out of view"...

The guy I sold it to was pretty pleased when I showed him...

My grandfather had an entire room, including a gun portal overlooking his acreage, accessed by knowing which book to pull from the bookshelf.

He had an extensive collection, including WW2 trophies like a broom-handled Mauser.

When he passed, my parents ensured that the gun collection was liquidated, and I ended up with two old .22 rifles; one with a cracked chamber and the other with a bent barrel.

His secret room was rather inspiring though...

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
My grandfather had an entire room, including a gun portal overlooking his acreage, accessed by knowing which book to pull from the bookshelf.

He had an extensive collection, including WW2 trophies like a broom-handled Mauser.

When he passed, my parents ensured that the gun collection was liquidated, and I ended up with two old .22 rifles; one with a cracked chamber and the other with a bent barrel.

His secret room was rather inspiring though...
Looks like you got screwed out of the useful items...
Me? I'd bear a grudge...

AurumAg

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Looks like you got screwed out of the useful items...
Me? I'd bear a grudge...

It is the primary reason I dropped out of university (the 1st time), and joined the Army; to shoot anything and everything I could get my hands on.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
So it's ok to steal from old people. That is the message this sends.
That would about sum it up, in my opinion. They’re saying it’s OK to confiscate your bought and paid for, legally owned property, just so “you don’t hurt yourself.”

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
f'ckn Canadians, they should be ashamed of their country, they used to be a proud people, now they are liberal POS.
OR Controlled by the Sorry Pieces of SHITS living in big cities. The bastion for liberal/Communists.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Having insight (or prophetic vision) to the future, is not the same as having the power of persuasion to get a majority of the population to change their ways.
Many prophets of their time were consider nut cases by the majority and devilment by the clerics.