• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What business does government have building or maintaining statutes or monuments?

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Seriously, does the government have a right to steal money from taxpayers for this?

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Seriously, does the government have a right to steal money from taxpayers for this?
No. Besides, government "art", memorials/statues/etc. exists ONLY to glorify the government...kind of like a permanent commercial for government and it's favored actors and programs.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Right? How quaint.

The same question could be asked about a myriad other government programs too- including this one: Does the government have a right to steal money from taxpayers to pay the ones who are defacing and tearing down their statues and monuments?

Why this particular question now?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Local statues along with some of the Washington DC monuments are public donation driven. I recall the donation requests for the Vietnam War Wall.
Yes, there maybe some .gov money but most are 50/50 projects. If people don't get their half of the money committed .gov does not donate their part.
Some statues and monuments are voted FOR by the locals to use local tax monies.

So it is not entirely .gov projects

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Local county has been involved with two monument fights, both very divisive..hell of a waste of time and money. So I wonder if we got rid of ALL of this crap, would we be better off.

LarsonLarsen

Seeker
Seeker
Local county has been involved with two monument fights, both very divisive..hell of a waste of time and money. So I wonder if we got rid of ALL of this crap, would we be better off.
It would certainly save a lot of time and work for those that want to revise US history. The rest of the sheep would at least go back to their pen until a new flavor of the month came along.

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Govt has to maintain a record of it's laws and proceedings. An accurate historical record is a necessity. The statues are a part of the record and an increase in the wealth of the nation.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Govt has to maintain a record of it's laws and proceedings. An accurate historical record is a necessity. The statues are a part of the record and an increase in the wealth of the nation.
Now that was mighty fine gobbledygook, I didn't believe a word of that though.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I like history.
I live close to the Gettysburg battlefield.
The courage, sacrifice, honor, & slaughter need to be remembered.
It's worth every penny.
That battlefields yes.

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Well our problem is we have two govt's one for display and one pulling the strings of power behind the scenes.

A private for profit bank that issues our money, that has never been audited.

The way seems clear to me. That bank should be a public utility.
Where it's workers receive a salary and all profits accrue to the people.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
If you resort to appeasing communists, they will simply start violently protesting something else until everything is destroyed.
Giving them their way merely emboldens them.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Well our problem is we have two govt's one for display and one pulling the strings of power behind the scenes.
And most everyone is ignorant of this. Ask around and see who knows what's really going on.

A private for profit bank that issues our money, that has never been audited.

The way seems clear to me. That bank should be a public utility.
Where it's workers receive a salary and all profits accrue to the people.
Good idea. That's what Andrew Jackson did when he killed the bank.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
You have some proof of government stealing from taxpayers for statues and/or monuments?

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Not really a monument in the classic sense, but what of the paid federal holidays that literally cost taxpayers billions every single year?

They're seriously considering adding another one as a monument to the protesters themselves. Some local governments already have.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
If you resort to appeasing communists, they will simply start violently protesting something else until everything is destroyed.
Giving them their way merely emboldens them.
Lake County now has a monument to 4 Negro rapists, look up the Groveland 4...I objected.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The business of govt is a business which naturally grows both by increases in responsibility and increases in monopoly powers, and has already become big enough to include a wide range and large number of activities.

The up-keep on statues and national parks is a relatively minor sub-department compared to the war, police action, mercenary service for hire, and theft departments (ie IRS being one of these).

The current focus on this up-keep department is simply providing a sub-theme for the race card topic, currently getting top-billing.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
No, Because bitches are going to bitch.
Next would be the dirt spot or the whiter white cement where the monument stood.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Sweet! ...now if someone could kindly direct me to the law that requires me to file...

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Really they are nothing but a really old form of propaganda. Wanting to celebrate all the great government goons.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
if you want a real kick, look into detroit's art collection

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Sweet! ...now if someone could kindly direct me to the law that requires me to file...
The law doesn't apply to most Americans living and working within the US. Sadly most cant get out of it because their corporate masters would rather enslave them than take on the IRS. Most of the ones that do follow the law and don't pay taxes, are self employed.

edsl48

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
FDR really got the ball rolling on "visual art" with his Federal Art's Program. While that specific act is no longer in effect the spending continued on. I live directly across from a city park and it is nice to look at the fountain or take a stroll by the lake but realistically the place is practically vacant save around 5 to 6 pm when people take the family dog for a stroll. Quite a bit of money for a seldom used dog walk.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
In any case, if the State has no business putting up these monuments, why should we give a damn if they get torn down? Remove them all.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
In any case, if the State has no business putting up these monuments, why should we give a damn if they get torn down? Remove them all.
Who has the right to destroy public property?

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Who has the responsibility to defend public property?
I would say that public who want to...if two thousand people with bats and pipes went after the others who are tearing things down, it would stop quickly.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
I would say that public who want to...if two thousand people with bats and pipes went after the others who are tearing things down, it would stop quickly.
Ok. So you are cool with me bashing somebody’s head in with a baseball bat for attempting to knock down a statue but it’s not ok for a police officer to make an arrest?

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Ok. So you are cool with me bashing somebody’s head in with a baseball bat for attempting to knock down a statue but it’s not ok for a police officer to make an arrest?
Police Officers act under "Color of Authority" while mobs are democracy in action...if you knew you yourself would have to fight and die for something, wouldn't you think twice about what you put up/took down? I would.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Police Officers act under "Color of Authority
Only if they attempting to order someone to do (or not do) something that is not actually stated in the law.
Ie: when they make shit up and then use their aire of authority to make one conform to it.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Just go taliban on them? First off, the State as u put it, didn't just decide a statue gets put in place. It was commissioned by a board that oversees the land on which it is erected. It should be removed in the same manner.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Just go taliban on them? First off, the State as u put it, didn't just decide a statue gets put in place. It was commissioned by a board that oversees the land on which it is erected. It should be removed in the same manner.
Horseshit, having watched how the process is really done, I don't give a crap for the monuments to false history. If all of them came down, the would would be a better place as the government has no business picking our heroes for us.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
the would would be a better place as the government has no business picking our heroes for us.
The people of the locale or National movements by people picked their heroes for recognition. You have the choice to recognize their hero / heroes or ignore them.
The most .gov usually does is #1. Go 50/50 on the cost, or #2. Donate .gov land for the monument /statue.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
The people of the locale or National movements by people picked their heroes for recognition. You have the choice to recognize their hero / heroes or ignore them.
The most .gov usually does is #1. Go 50/50 on the cost, or #2. Donate .gov land for the monument /statue.
Can I piss on them to show contempt ? The Government has no business stealing money or land for this crap.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Can I piss on them to show contempt ? The Government has no business stealing money or land for this crap.
You may do what you want ( which currently seems very obvious) it is the resulting consequences you may have to deal with.
Income Tax and Eminent Domain
.Gov has been doing this longer than you have been alive and will keep doing this no matter what form of .gov exists long after you are dead.

Learn the Serenity Prayer: Change what is within your power, and accept what you can not.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
courage to change the things I can,
and wisdom to know the difference ".