• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What do you own with stock ownership?

97guns

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
This is a message from the Emergency Alert System:

So I have “equity in the company” what do I own in reality? I’d like to think I own the bathroom doorknob at Apple headquarters or a shipping peanut for Amazon but not even that..... We now return to your scheduled program

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
You own the right to wait for the company to tell you what you actually own with those pieces of paper they sold you. You own nothing more than that, and that could actually turn out to be nothing also, if things go unlucky for you.

Typically, eventually, a company may begin to issue dividends and then will tell you the $ amount they will now give you in dividends, on a recurring bases (which can be adjusted at any time), per piece of paper (stock share) owned. That is, if you're lucky. Otherwise, you are left only with a piece of paper that the market puts an "analyzed" or "arbitrary" price tag on.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Does anybody even have a stock certificate any more?
Just like with money, they have been moving the people away from any tangible evidence of ownership of anything.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
you can request the actual certificate for a small fee I believe but they usually tell you to let the brokerage hold them. Thats how they are able to loan out shares available for shorting.