• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What else is protected by the Second Amendment?

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The 2nd Amendment argument has for two centuries focused around firearms -- weapons which discharge a projectile via explosive charge.

Enter the age of "cyber warfare." In this environment, could not code/apps be seen as "arms"? Especially if the government is using technology to oppress its citizenry, the citizens need to arm themselves to defend against such abuses of technology.

I am wondering if a 2A legal argument in support of the possession of digital contraband would hold up in court. The Apple-hosted cop-finder app for HK got me thinking this way...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/apple-...acking-map-app-after-china-uproar-11570681464

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I want a black computer

An Assault Computer

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
An interesting topic, and worthy of more thought.

My only take at this juncture relates to Gaggle and Apfail removing the cop-finding app:

Both US companies making highly biased political moves which benefit China and globalists, while simultaneously punishing/demonetizing patriots and conservatives.

Maybe they really are Chinese companies...

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
without the 2nd everything else is worth squat

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Last edited:

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
... could not code/apps be seen as "arms"?...
No. There is case law on this already. Code (software and firmware) and applications fall directly into the First Amendment. If I remember correctly the case revolved around malicious computer code. That code is legal to write and use within the confines of ones environment. Think anti-virus/malware researcher or possession of a key-logger software or device. It is not legal to let such malicious code out into the wild intentionally or use a firmware/hardware device upon an unsuspecting victim as in the case of a key-logger.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
2nd protects the women and children from predation if the men aren't cucked.
A concept so fundamental to the human condition that It's possible the authors of the Constitution may never have envisioned the 2nd that way, save as it applies to an overbearing government as a threat to the family unit. Of course today, like everything else the relationships within the nuclear family have been blurred...if not completely negated.

Take away the right for a father/husband to keep and bear arms and his ability to defend his family will go right into the toilet. Many/most American men would obviously opt to ignore such an edict at this point as there's no greater responsibility than ensuring the safety of family. TPTB still are not there, but the propaganda marches on...

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Since the 2A is a right like free healthcare for all, I want my free gov't paid for AR-15 please.
Doubtless it's in the mail bruh. Hold your breath.

I haven't heard that argument made by a so called "conservative" congressional cockroach...yet. I'd like to hear it though, just to see/hear some communist lite heads explode.

"What's this shit!?! I got my goobermint issued assault prevention rifle, but ZERO ammo?!? DAFUQZ!"

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I believe the feds already classify some software as "arms". Export is highly regulated and in some cases, forbidden.
And as in my post above, electronic information has been weaponized in the form of lies and censorship.

Arguably, the Internet monopolies/MSM have caused more damage to humanity than guns in the past ten years.