• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What ever happened to......

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Last edited:

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Erichops
Tedd

If I thought about it I could go on

Last edited:

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Oh that sucks, Duck always livened up a thread. RIP.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Bud I hate to do this but---Passed away or Passed on? Think about it.

Let us say the 'Duck is holding down the "Club House" for us. :finished 2:

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Pyramid PM’d GOLD DUCK after laughing his ass off from an exchange between GOLD DUCK and newmisty:

Gold Duck said:
QWAK,newmisty,I don't use soap in my heated DUCK POND -- it plugs up the DIOTON FILTER and makes SOoooooooooooooooooooooo many BUBBLES it floods the WHOLE green house bath with FOAM!

I did it once a fiew years back as an experiment --- added some dish soap to see the BUBBLES -- it was like when they FOAM a runway for a large aircraft with landing gear problems!

Took all afternoon with a HIGH PRESSURE WASHER to clean the place out!

the DUCK

----------------------------
Then, Pyramid wrote to GOLD DUCK via PM:

GOLD DUCK:
You gotta stop with these funny stories, I damn near ruined my laptop spitting water all over it because of you... just kidding, keep up the good work!

GOLD DUCK replied:
QWAK,Pyramid,I am glad you injoyed the storey! :thumbs_up:
Actualy my DUCK POND is a 350 gal Rubbermaid Stock tank I turned in to a hot yub spa and I was experimenting with a 1 HP. blower for large home spas and that thing puts out SOooooooooooo much air it makes the DUCK POND litterly look like boiling water --- add some dish detergent and with in a min or two :ahhhhh: there is SOoooooooooo much foam and bubbels it was EVERY WARE -- like a FOAM BLOB that swalowed my whole DUCK NEST greenhouse bath!:ahhhhh::afraid:

I got to admit I laughed a lot cleaning up the mess!:thumbs_up:

You have a good evening! :thumbs_up:
THE DUCK
----------------------------------
Gold Duck’s infinite use of emoticon thingies is not going to display properly, but I and most of us miss the GOLD DUCK…RIP our friend. The time he was on GIM radio with TNAndy was epic as well, I wish it could be replayed here, but I can’t figure out how to make that happen.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Has Carl stopped posting here?
I haven't seen a post from Carl in a long time. IIRC, he was always arguing with some of the guys about inflation vs. deflation. He was of the opinion that deflation was going to win big.

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Carl posted last May. That's about the latest from him on this forum. He still posts on the "other" gold forum.

SC

Last edited:

Strawboss

America...Love it...or GTFO
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I miss Got Goldies... his bart simpson chart patterns were classic.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Carl posted last May. That's about the latest from him on this forum. He still posts on the "other" gold forum.

SC
I keep hearing about this "other" forum. Is that the containment room? Still active?

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Does anyone have an update regarding mayhem?

Last I heard he wasn't doing very well at all.
Talked to him about a week ago via pm exchange. He's getting affairs in order and preparing the lady for life without him. Said he wouldn't be logging back in. sad stuff Duby.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Prayers for mayhem. That will be a loss of alot of information and experience.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Talked to him about a week ago via pm exchange. He's getting affairs in order and preparing the lady for life without him. Said he wouldn't be logging back in. sad stuff Duby.
What happened? Looks like he had posting as usual up until two weeks ago. If Mayhem has not been entered into the Legends of GIM, now is the time.

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The Myth of Permanence and

The Buddhist Concept of Impermanence

Early Buddhism dealt with the problem of impermanence in a very rationale manner. This concept is known as anicca in Buddhism, according to which, impermanence is an undeniable and inescapable fact of human existence from which nothing that belongs to this earth is ever free.

Buddhism declares that there are five processes on which no human being has control and which none can ever change. These five processes are namely, the process of growing old, of not falling sick, of dying, of decay of things that are perishable and of the passing away of that which is liable to pass. Buddhism however suggests that escape from these is possible and it's through Nirvana.

Hinduism also believes in the impermanent nature of life. But it deals with this problem differently. According to Hinduism, impermanence can be overcome by locating and uniting with the center of permanence that exists within oneself. This center is the Soul or the self that is immortal, permanent and ever stable.

According to Hinduism, Atman is the fundamental truth that exists in every being, while at the microcosmic level it is Brahman who is the fundamental and supreme truth of all existence. He who realizes Atman verily becomes Brahman and attains immortality.

The Buddha differed radically with this most fundamental concept of Hinduism and in line with his preaching the early Buddhists did not believe in the existence of a permanent and fixed reality which could be referred to as either God or soul. According to them what was apparent and verifiable about our existence was the continuous change it undergoes.

Thus early Buddhism declares that in this world there is nothing that is fixed and permanent. Every thing is subject to change and alteration. "Decay is inherent in all component things," declared the Buddha and his followers accepted that existence was a flux, and a continuous becoming.

According to the teachings of the Buddha, life is comparable to a river. It is a progressive moment, a successive series of different moments, joining together to give the impression of one continuous flow. It moves from cause to cause, effect to effect, one point to another, one state of existence to another, giving an outward impression that it is one continuous and unified movement, where as in reality it is not. The river of yesterday is not the same as the river of today. The river of this moment is not going to be the same as the river of the next moment. So does life. It changes continuously, becomes something or the other from moment to moment.

Take for example the life of an individual. It is a fallacy to believe that a person would remain the same person during his entire life time. He changes every moment. He actually lives and dies but for a moment, or lives and dies moment by moment, as each moment leads to the next. A person is what he is in the context of the time in which he exists. It is an illusion to believe that the person you have seen just now is the same as the person you are just now seeing or the person whom you are seeing now will be the same as the person you will see after a few moments.

Even from a scientific point of view this is true. We know cell divisions take place in each living being continuously. Old cells in our bodies die and yield place continuously to the new ones that are forming. Like the waves in a sea, every moment, many thoughts arise and die in each individual . Psychologically and physically he is never the same all the time. Technically speaking, no individual is ever composed of the same amount of energy. Mental stuff and cellular material all the time. He is subject to change and the change is a continuous movement.

Impermanence and change are thus the undeniable truths of our existence. What is real is the existing moment, the present that is a product of the past, or a result of the previous causes and actions. Because of ignorance, an ordinary mind conceives them all to be part of one continuous reality. But in truth they are not.

The various stages in the life of a man, the childhood, the adulthood, the old age are not the same at any given time. The child is not the same when he grows up and becomes a young man, nor when the latter turns into an old man. The seed is not the tree, though it produces the tree, and the fruit is also not the tree, though it is produced by the tree.

The concept of impermanence and continuous becoming is central to early Buddhist teachings. It is by becoming aware of it, by observing it and by understanding it, one can find a suitable remedy for the sorrow of human life and achieve liberation from the process of anicca or impermanence.

from - www.hinduwebsite.com

Last edited:

mayhem

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
What happened? Looks like he had posting as usual up until two weeks ago. If Mayhem has not been entered into the Legends of GIM, now is the time.
A Legend? Maybe in my own mind :-)
I login every few days because of ongoing conversations I have going, but don't have the time or desire to post.

Never thought there would be so many loose ends that needed to be tided up. For what it's worth, things are not getting better but worse. So who knows when the hammer will fall.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
A Legend? Maybe in my own mind :-)
I login every few days because of ongoing conversations I have going, but don't have the time or desire to post.

Never thought there would be so many loose ends that needed to be tided up. For what it's worth, things are not getting better but worse. So who knows when the hammer will fall.
Nobody knows when their time is up and every new day is "The Present".

We may not be with you physically mayhem but we are there with prayer and well wishes, BROTHER.

Juristic Person

They drew first blood
Platinum Bling
Looks like Skyvike has been gone for a while as well. How's he doing?