• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What is one to do if rioters come to the house?

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Apparently, one is supposed to lock yourself inside and call for the police.
But is that really true?
It seems impractical and unrealistic.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Every state is different about protecting property. You are entitled to protect yourself , loved ones, and friends from harm and physical attacks.

Apparently, one is supposed to lock yourself inside and call for the police.
But is that really true?
It seems impractical and unrealistic.
Riotors? How many? Like that one St. Louis couple? depends on the State. I prefer the sniper on the roof approach. Of course it is a multi-variable analysis right.

Is it at night?

How many rioters?

Are they making threats?

Are they organized?

Do they have a military jammer? (Like is South Africa)

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Unfortunately, if they break a fence and approach your house,
it might be a non-optimal tactic to lock yourself inside.

Where I live, I would sit down and clean the rifle and or 1911 (if I had any) and call the sheriff to come collect the trespassers bodies. My land is posted and WAY to far out of the way for anyone to get belligerent and walk away. Just not done around here.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I have heard also that calling the police is a form of white privilege and should not be upheld by society.

[tweet]
bb
lol That chick is nuts. What the hell are people paying taxes for then? ...and in shitholes like Chicongo or DC what else are people that mindlessly give up their right to keep and bear arms supposed to do? She has zero solutions, just a bunch of race baiting rubbish...as usual for demonrat identity political animals. Natch if you show up at her house in the middle of the night she'll doubtless have a very different opinion...funny how that works.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I gotta put it thisaway:

Not only the violent "protesters" but also every friggin' camera-phone wielding asshole there at the Chateau will NOT leave.

Follow the method that has been in use since buffalo hunters: Shoot the outriders first.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
break their cup to be certain it was self defense on your part...can't leave any threads loose right now

the_shootist

Old White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
What is one to do if rioters come to the house?

Why you shoot the motherfuckers of course!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
The neighbors would shoot the ones in front and then whoop and howl as they hunt down the ones who try to flee.
I never get to have any fun!

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
I think we're going to have to start thinking like South Africans - high security and high walls.

I was just pricing steel yesterday to raise my walls from 9' to 14' - I have 9' masonry walls and will add a 5' steel and wood topper. I was going to do it anyway for a sound barrier from downtown traffic noise, but now I feel more compelled to do for security. I've got cameras, parapets, walls, and will power.

If the St. Louis lawyer couple get charged for protecting their private property from rioters making death threats, threatening to burn their house down, and crashing their gate - the game has completely changed. Act accordingly.

skychief

enthusiastic stacker
Silver Miner
Castle Laws vary from state-to-state, but generally speaking, if someone (other than LEOs) forces entry into your house, you may blow their effing brains out without fear of prosecution for homicide or "wrongful death".

Except Vermont. - - - Vermont is the only state in the country with no Castle Doctrine protections.

Castle Laws only apply to INSIDE your home - - NOT outside.

The law gets tricky if you shoot a looter for trespassing. If he survives, he can sue you for pain and suffering. If he dies, his family can sue for wrongful death and you might lose your entire estate.

As a rule of thumb, it's best not to shoot anyone who has not broken into your home.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
C

As a rule of thumb, it's best not to shoot anyone who has not broken into your home.
And what are you supposed to do if an armed mob, breaks down the gate, and, approaches the (outside) house with gasoline cans and guns?
Probably call 911--but that may not be fully helpful...
Tactically speaking, hiding inside, might have some disadvantages...

OhWell

Silver Member
Silver Miner
And what are you supposed to do if an armed mob, breaks down the gate, and, approaches the (outside) house with gasoline cans and guns?
Probably call 911--but that may not be fully helpful...
Tactically speaking, hiding inside, might have some disadvantages...
Carrying a gas can towards a person with an AR15 is probably not a good idea.

I wouldn't bother breaking the law shooting at them.

But the gas can...well that's another story.

the_shootist

Old White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
They lost their country...
But, I understand the post...
The SA folks weren't mean enough and didn't push back soon enough. We should learn a lesson from what they have endured and not be afraid to be called racist and white supremacists. Labels are but words and can only hurt if you let them. Bullets, on the other hand, send a much clearer message and hurt like hell

Hystckndle

SWEATEQUITYIS$$$
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Castle Laws vary from state-to-state, but generally speaking, if someone (other than LEOs) forces entry into your house, you may blow their effing brains out without fear of prosecution for homicide or "wrongful death".

Except Vermont. - - - Vermont is the only state in the country with no Castle Doctrine protections.

The law gets tricky if you shoot a looter for trespassing. If he survives, he can sue you for pain and suffering. If he dies, his family can sue for wrongful death and you might lose your entire estate.

Outside 1 thing..them : " I was looking for my dog "
Inside another thing....me: " I was afraid for my life "

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Release the hot oil into the double ringed mote and then set it ablaze. Once they are trapped between the 2 rings, release the rattlesnakes.
In the morning fill in the motes and plant fruit trees.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Release the hot oil into the double ringed mote and then set it ablaze. Once they are trapped between the 2 rings, release the rattlesnakes.
In the morning fill in the motes and plant fruit trees.
"Fruit Trees", How appropriate.

the_shootist

Old White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
But then you lost your moat for when the second wave rolls in.
That's what this is for!! Unlike those AR15 peashooters, there nothing more effective than a good old, reliable belt fed .308. It puts big holes in everything!

100_1136.JPG
100_1137.JPG

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
But then you lost your moat for when the second wave rolls in.
You're going to be moat-less?!? That's bad my bruh...one does not wish to be moat-less when the commies come rolling up to your stead. Where are the bodies going to fall when you turn their heads into canoes?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Frankly Scarlett... I don't give a damn."

You can take your thumb-rule and play "SWITCH!" with it.

The REAL, ACTUAL, You Better Fucking Believe It Rule is: Accost me... and you die. Is that clear enough?

Even in Vermont. And Chicago.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
In my area, the locals will be pulling up lawn chairs, saying hi to the neighbor on either side, figure out who is responsible for what field of fire, and cracking open beers...some of us may share with less well equipped neighbors.

historyrepete

Silver Member
Silver Miner
You should fear for your life. And then do whatever it takes to neutralize the situation.
Even if that means shooting all of them.
I thought the video from STL was from a movie when my wife showed it to me.
Shits getn real real

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
In my area, the locals will be pulling up lawn chairs, saying hi to the neighbor on either side, figure out who is responsible for what field of fire, and cracking open beers...some of us may share with less well equipped neighbors.
Where do you live?

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Where do you live?
Central Florida, waist deep in crackers, rattlesnakes and alligators on one side, on the other is cranky old Vietnam vets, bikers and snowbirds who still hunt.

the_shootist

Old White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Central Florida, waist deep in crackers, rattlesnakes and alligators on one side, on the other is cranky old Vietnam vets, bikers and snowbirds who still hunt.
No wonder you're such an ornery cuss! :)

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
This all depends on if your state is a duty to retreat state. NY is a duty to retreat state. There is a famous case in NY where a threatened apartment dweller clobbered a hostile person at the threshold of the apartment. The defendant, the apartment dweller, was convicted. If he had let the assailant in oe foot before he clobbered the the putz he’d be free and clear. Unfortunately for homeowners the courts never really defined if the domicile starts at the property line or the front door. This is on purpose. The courts can reserve to judge whatever in the future. This is why almost every decision is open ended on many facets of law where a sentence or two can eliminate dozens of cases In the future.

The courts are not your friend. Sometimes they are more evil than a corrupt legislature.

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
According to the Mayor of Minneapolis, "If you see rioters heading down your street make sure to unwind your gardenhose"

Actually, even in Minne you can blow the shit out of them and the cops will call it self defense. Make sure you shoot the asshole filming it all on a cell phone first.

In a riot situation the CJ does not even want to bother with nickle n dime incidents. And the cops still support property owners if they can keep the politicos who surrenedred our country out of it. If you are worried about personal property -- they already own it, u just hold a deed and pay a tax

Last edited:
Keef, did you mean rent instead of Tax's?

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
I would rent my Taxes.

If a guy with a gas can comes to your house w ill intent, you shoot the fucker w a shotgun.

Its your ass.