• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What is really going on???

I thought I'd start this thread in the wake of the bloodbath on Wall St. What does everyone think is really going on? Because it sure as hell isn't COVID-19 related. It doesn't matter whether you have proof for your idea, it can just be a hunch. I'll get the ball rolling.

I think something huge is brewing in space, and the establishment needed something to distract (and scare the piss out of them) the masses from looking up.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
If you of the mind that it was very convenient for the COVID-19 to be released in China accidentally...

Oops!

as a military operation...

It was to bring down the market and blame it on Trump pre election.

It was designed to stop the flow of spice... The spice must flow....

The market was in a bubble. It needed to correct. Percentage wise it's only about 12%... i.e., normal?

Bushpilot

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Hey ChieftIan, give me an example of what you think it will be? I think it’s hedge funds screwing the baby boomers out their hard earned and saved retirement monies.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Sounds like government immigration brainwashing. The regular flu has a higher nominal death rate in comparison. 19, however is higher than being struck by lightning and not as quick. Don't panic, that's how national intelligence manipulates the masses using the media.

Could be a Chinese or Russian new weapons tactic too

If you of the mind that it was very convenient for the COVID-19 to be released in China accidentally...

Oops!

as a military operation...

It was to bring down the market and blame it on Trump pre election.

It was designed to stop the flow of spice... The spice must flow....

The market was in a bubble. It needed to correct. Percentage wise it's only about 12%... i.e., normal?
Trump is playing his part in this retarded pantomime, he isn't the white hat saviour many Americans think he is.

It could well end up being a smokescreen trying to cover a serious and tangible threat to the control and power the establishment have.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The fed has been pumping so many dollars into the financial system thus creating bubbles and the boom bust cycle. The slowdown caused by the Coronavirus 19 has caused a much needed correction.

End the fed.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
There is a new virus going around, the Wuhan 400 or Covid-19 depending on how "woke" you might be.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
An attempt to derail trumps re election. Bernie or Biden get elected with Hillary as their running mate. They stroke out after they win on election night and Hillary is President.

Or

The fed is out of ammo and this is what the real world looks like without QE or monetary intervention of any kind by the central planners.

Buck

Village Idiot
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I think something huge is brewing in space, and the establishment needed something to distract (and scare the piss out of them) the masses from looking up.
i'd add:
there are lots of novice star-gazers, plenty have video recording devices attached to their 'looking glasses'...if something happens above us, it'll leak out...

i think something larger is in play, too, im just not certain which idea / narrative / which story to believe, so, i figured i'd just believe in a bit of them all...keep my senses open, any 'direction forward' will be dependent upon my local situation...but we can't really run from 'space' above us

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
My uneducated take:
1. Beer virus is having an impact. Some of which is orchestrated fear and hype; some of which is real and growing and will continue to grow. An example of reality is energy, transportation, tourism (disposable spending) are going to get hit hard as airlines continue to cut flights and people stop traveling as the virus continues to spread. County Health Dept. here warns that 40-70% of people may become infected.

2. Saudi-Russia oil feud sent oil tumbling 24%. Jittery market takes any bad news and are magnifying it right now with extreme volatility.

3. Stocks arguably overbought and due for a correction. I don't believe this has anything to do with the election, as Wall St. would favor Trump re-election..."Let the Good Times Roll."

4. Emergency (and SURPRISE!) 50 basis point cut by the Fed last week. Last time that happened was during the crash of 2008...what do they know that we don't?

Thus, I believe it's a combination of factors that's creating this witches brew. Good luck out there folks.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Maybe they are trying to sink Iran? They can't afford cheap oil..

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Wuhan kills off the elderly (50+) and sickly most... Qui Bono? (Who Benefits?)

Segmented Bar Chart

A segmented bar chart displays partitioned bars for each variable. The size of partitions allows for comparisons between each of the variables. The segmented bar chart shown below shows the party affiliation of voters based on their age.

Analysis of this graph indicates Republicans are favored over Democrats in voters over the age of 65, but Democrats are favored in voters under the age of 30. Other comparisons and conclusions about the preferences of party affiliation, based on age, can be made using this segmented bar graph.

Last edited:

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Wuhan kills off the elderly (50+) and sickly most... Qui Bono? (Who Benefits?)

Segmented Bar Chart

A segmented bar chart displays partitioned bars for each variable. The size of partitions allows for comparisons between each of the variables. The segmented bar chart shown below shows the party affiliation of voters based on their age.

Analysis of this graph indicates Republicans are favored over Democrats in voters over the age of 65, but Democrats are favored in voters under the age of 30. Other comparisons and conclusions about the preferences of party affiliation, based on age, can be made using this segmented bar graph.

BOOM! We have a winner.

Zed

Barely Bullish!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You know... from certain leaderships point of view this could work out to be the most convenient virus in history. That is all I am going to say,

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I thought I'd start this thread in the wake of the bloodbath on Wall St. What does everyone think is really going on? Because it sure as hell isn't COVID-19 related. It doesn't matter whether you have proof for your idea, it can just be a hunch. I'll get the ball rolling.

would not be surprised if the financial market drama isn't to remove 'the leader of the free world'. i've been wondering for three years- if the nyc+globalist vipers were going to crash the markets to remove him

the virus is an excuse to pull the plug. nyc/globalists didnt have to wreck the markets b/c virus. but they are in the process of doing it. why? space? trump? greed? hate? other?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I POSTED THIS IN ANOTHER THREAD:
Well, We are learning Wuhan/Covid19 virus has "6 haplotypes (varieties of one). W.H.O. named it Covidvirus19 from Wuhan 400 coronavirus.
So the "19" indicates there are at least 19 versions of Corona Viruses using commonsense thinking.
We know the common cold is a version of Corona Virus.
This got me thinking.
How do we know the test(s) being produced are testing for this more potent version of Coronavirus 19 ?
FYI , "Drug Tests can NOT tell the difference from a person who has ate a Poppy Seed Roll, Bun, or Bagel OR has recently shot up heroin. The genetic marker that tells Poppies from all other plants is in all Poppy Plants. I have argued this point in labor grievances and got findings reversed saving a guy's job.
Now B.O.T., How do we know ALL these POSITIVE tests are of the vicious version Coronavirus19 ? When it may be a common cold version ?
Especially when people can be non-symptomatic for weeks, and they already admit there is a statistic of False-Positives, and another stat of infected people the test does NOT catch.

This could very well be the beginning of a worldwide SHTF aka Black Swan Event crisis and become a worldwide economic reset. JMO
Only time will tell.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Just to be clear...

“Infected” does not imply a death sentence. There’s a 97% survival rate unless your immune system is compromised....

It remains to be seen what actually happens. So far, it’s been a big yawn.

Interesting that it “came out” now, just before the election!

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Government: "Don't worry everything is fine. Nothing to see here."
Market tumbles
Government/Fed: Slashes fed funds rate 50 basis points
Market tumbles
Government PPT: " don't worry everything is fine" PPT props things up for a few hours and then......
Market tumbles
Todays Gov press conference: Don't worry everything is fine. We are throwing everything we have at this. Massive beer virus spending, massive lending to businesses, massive payroll tax cuts and like 2008, will probably write checks to all taxpayers to inject liquidity. ( Pay close attention to that word taxpayers. Non taxpayers will not be getting a check. They didn't in 2008. Notice they don't use the word all Americans or all American citizens over 18 or something. Just a personal observation)

So if they aren't worried why are they pulling out every obstacle and releasing every weapon they have to keep liquidity in the system? Where is the liquidity going? With so few actual cases in the US there shouldn't even be the hint of an issue yet. But there is. I don't know of anyone not going to work and even if there are a few, there are very few.

Everyone remember back when Bush wasn't worried? Remember Bernanke coming on right before the housing crash saying he didn't see anything wrong with the housing markets?

Many on GIM have posted great articles about home mortgages, student loan debt and car loans are all in trouble..These are the real issues that were never addressed during the last financial crisis. Throwing more money at them wont solve them either.
More specifically the real issue that needs to be addressed is the government and fed inflating away the purchasing power of the dollar. This drives up prices of everything and causes people to borrow even more. The entire idea of a centrally planned economy by the fed and government is repugnant to freedom and the constitution. Thats the real underlying;ying issue that needs to be addressed if trump truly wants to make America great again.
Price stability over a persons lifetime is much more important than 2-3% inflation and using their home as a savings account or investment vehicle. !00 years ago when there were 5 year home loans, a person could pay off their home and be debt free in 5 years. There would be natural inflation from a supply and demand perspective because of a population increasing in size but only if home builders didn't keep up with demand.
The US population as a whole would benefit from long term price stability, have more disposable income and be free instead of debt slaves. This is more natural to the human condition than a government run economy that needs ever increasing amount of debt to stay afloat. I would argue that price stability is how you return freedom to the American people. Start to anyway. Gov surveillance programs aside.

Very salient points Cigarlover, however I don't feel as though the US was at the abyss created by those toxic instruments of debt, well not yet anyway.

There is a factor at play here that remains obscured by the unfounded hysteria and hubris from COVID-19.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I could be wrong. Just throwing a bunch or stuff out there. Something is bound to stick. :winks2:

For instance. When Bush 2 took office the debt was 5 trillion. When he left, 10 trillion.
Then Obama took over and doubled the debt again to 20 trillion.
Here's Trump and 3 years in we are only at 23 trillion. He's way behind if he is going to double the debt in 8 years like the last 3 presidents. (Pretty sure Clinton did it as well.)

16 years of Bush2 and Obama and we barely got GDP growth after adding 15 trillion to the national debt between the 2 of them.

Trump slows it way down to a trillion a year in deficits but supposedly gets a solid 3% plus growth rate??? Something isn't adding up.

Just to maintain the status Quo massive amounts of debt need to be added every year. Since Trump is not doing that is that coming home to roost and drying up liquidity? Is this crisis where he goes hog wild and adds another 2-4 trillion in one year to keep everything propped up? It seems like at some point you have to inject liquidity into everyones pockets in order to keep the system solvent. Just throwing money at the stock market is great for the few who live off the market. The rest of America has their retirement in there and doesn't really use it to live on until their later years.

So that few trillion in consumer debt may not be the camels back but it could be the straw. The default rates are probably just exposing the cracks in the system.

There may not be any one factor that is causing all of this. Just a bunch of things adding up to a system thats out of liquidity. At this point the fed may have to fire up all the helicopters it can and just let the money rain down from the heavens to keep it all from falling apart.

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
You are dead right-on Chieftan.

All is a smoke screen and most onliners are now caught up in their massive disinformation campaigns.

If you remember its ALWAYS ABOUT the MONEY. ('money' today is just a symbol for power/control) u will quickly understand what is really going on.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/f...ealers-demand-record-216bn-liquidity-fed-repo

I heard a rumor on ZH CDS's were being triggered and now its ~Trillion a week pump to keep the credit markets from freezing up.

Also talk of possible bail-ins which is legal in USA now. (I don't expect bail ins before a presidential election, but sure as hell am expecting them)

The financial pumps are now working like the bail out of lower 9th ward of New Orleans during Katrina.

Lets just hope the dyke holds through the election. :panda:

keef

Пальто Crude
Midas Member
If you have the patience/time to go through ALL the comments on Zerohedge you will find a few that put our current situation into sharp focus:.

The 1000 trillion (quadrillion) derivatives number is "notional". Its the difference in price between the 2 counterparties that is the real cost. BUT as they unwind (settle), the cost will widen as there are fewer bids until what is left is truly a loss (worthless). In other words just expect the problem to snowball until it sucks the entire financial world into a black hole of sorts.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
The fed has been pumping so many dollars into the financial system thus creating bubbles and the boom bust cycle. The slowdown caused by the Coronavirus 19 has caused a much needed correction.

End the fed.
The correction has been slowly lifting its head out of the box since late last year... it finally revealed itself.... the beer virus is just the excuse & distraction.... Cant you hear it now "I lost $50,000 in my IRA because of the beer virus", not "I lost $50,000 due to monetary mismanagement".....

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Either my trader was reading zerohedge or he has someone within the derivatives sector tipping him off, but reckons 0.03% have triggered over and above the norm. That's anywhere from $300 to $600 billion depending on which stats are used.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Spring will come.
Talk of the Wuhan 400/Covid-19 virus will suddenly disappear from the news cycle.
Some new "the sky is falling" thing will be in the news.
The media will switch stories and continue the fear-mongering.

It's going to be a very hot spring/summer.
:-)

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Spring will come.
Talk of the Wuhan 400/Covid-19 virus will suddenly disappear from the news cycle.
Some new "the sky is falling" thing will be in the news.
The media will switch stories and continue the fear-mongering.

It's going to be a very hot spring/summer.
:-)
If only but I'm afraid not...

You think Trump is gonna tell us we are all going bankrupt in 5...4....3.....? Hell no, we get:

"Just wash yer hands" all is good :2 thumbs up:
Of course not, but it will be YUUUUUUUGE.

My guy has gone offline, any way to check what's happening in derivatives world?

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
It wouldn't even be all that difficult to find out who's buying and selling big and how they are timing them.
It doesn't matter. There's no one who can hold anyone accountable for anything any more. It's the wild wild west out there these days. No rule of law against the big wigs, just us peons! Look at the Clinton's, the Obama's, the Biden's and so many more. Not a single one of then has paid a price of any kind! What difference at this point does it make???