• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What the Apple credit card did right.

Mujahideen

Essential Worker
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The Apple Card is a pretty meh card. Not bad and not great. 1% when you use the card or 2% when you use Apple pay. Big deal...

But what they did do right is there are no numbers on the card and you have the ability to change your number via the app in an instant.

You do need an iPhone or I’m assuming an iPad to use it.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
No numbers on the card.... So how would you use it to buy something online, i mean not with your phone?

Mujahideen

Essential Worker
Midas Member
Site Supporter
No numbers on the card.... So how would you use it to buy something online, i mean not with your phone?
You would need your phone if you wanted to read the numbers.

historyrepete

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I'm sure there's a scanner that can read the chip, possibly from afar. But yeah flunkies can't get your number but they're stealing pennies compared to the cabal

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Most folks don't know this but Visa is the largest credit card clearing house in the world.

Master Card, American Express etc. ALL use Visa to clear their transactions.

Visa keeps them afloat much like Bill Gates buying 500 million in APPL stock back in the day.... Competition.

If you don't have competition you risk being broken up by Government. So, invest in your competition to keep them alive!

Mujahideen

Essential Worker
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Didn’t know that part. ^

There are also no foreign transaction fees. I’ll definitely be using it overseas and when I’m shopping where I feel the merchant might be shady.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
But then again can someone explain to me how checks came to be that Printed your account numbers on the front of every single check you write? Seems like a bad plan to me but it's worked.