• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What's a Good Position Now?

I'm in a low density city that has all ready been depopulated through poisoning of the municipal water supply. My current position is most funds still in the bank. About 5k in Crypto. I have 5k cash on hand, 2k silver on hand a few 10k in assets at primary dwelling.

My main concern is the lack of a bug out locale since I'm fighting with my sons mother. Also since where I am realtors have stopped showing property untill the 13th of April. I guess I could go to my cousins in the UP but then I would maybe forfeit my assets in the city?

Anywhoo I really appreciate GIM(GIM2) for the mental training to endure this crisis. I hope every one comes out ahead and God bless. What would your position be at this point?

brosil

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I was going to go for humor on the position thing but there are others that are better at it. DON'T PANIC. Make sure you have food stored and relax as much as possible. Don't take up drinking or drugs. They cost money and they won't help long term. Just chill.

BackwardsEngineeer

Total curmudgeon
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Relax, the most important prep is mental. The 1% dirty buggers are lined up on one side and the 1% aware are at the opposite side, the 98% in the middle are mostly clueless.... Be still and know... when others around you begin to awaken you in calmness will be positioned to readjust. Maybe move or maybe just flourish where you are. Knee jerk reactions right now place you in harms way, so give this a couple of weeks...

Prayer or meditate... tai chi if you are into it. As suggested keep your head clear and your eyes open...

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I'm in a low density city that has all ready been depopulated through poisoning of the municipal water supply. My current position is most funds still in the bank. About 5k in Crypto. I have 5k cash on hand, 2k silver on hand a few 10k in assets at primary dwelling.

My main concern is the lack of a bug out locale since I'm fighting with my sons mother. Also since where I am realtors have stopped showing property untill the 13th of April. I guess I could go to my cousins in the UP but then I would maybe forfeit my assets in the city?

Anywhoo I really appreciate GIM(GIM2) for the mental training to endure this crisis. I hope every one comes out ahead and God bless. What would your position be at this point?
Relax, patience. This too will pass.

What is the rush? Stay where you are. The world is not going to end. Don't let the COVID-19 fear tactic take you down.

Fighting with your son's mother? Sounds like a custody battle to me... with all this virus scare, are the courts in session?

Do you know you don't need a Realtor to sell your property? A simple real estate contract drawn up by a real estate lawyer will suffice. You can set your own showings, do your own advertising. Zillow might even let you list there?

There's probably 'other' methods to advertise online.

News paper ads only bring 3% of the buyers, so if you want to put an advert in realize your return. Craigslist? Facebook Marketplace?

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Sit tight for now you have quite a few of the necessities covered, some like cash in hand you are light years ahead of 99% of your neighbors.
When shit calms down sell your house but don't panic sell. If it's underwater you may want to just walk. I doubt there will be a housing rush in your area in our lifetimes.
The things you already have covered will buy you plenty of time to make the right decisions. Be well and be calm.

.:meditation:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
I understand. No rush just tempted by all the the cheap LT1 cars and crack whores.. So maybe it's the end?
I'm in MI too just well NW of your AO. You can drive 1 hour NE or NW and be in a different world. Maybe take a drive and look at better scenery and breathe better air for a day or 2. Might help to clear your head and give some direction.

:oriental:

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

What is the rush? Stay where you are. The world is not going to end. Don't let the COVID-19 fear tactic take you down.

Fighting with your son's mother? Sounds like a custody battle to me... with all this virus scare, are the courts in session?

Do you know you don't need a Realtor to sell your property? A simple real estate contract drawn up by a real estate lawyer will suffice. You can set your own showings, do your own advertising. Zillow might even let you list there?

There's probably 'other' methods to advertise online.

News paper ads only bring 3% of the buyers, so if you want to put an advert in realize your return. Craigslist? Facebook Marketplace?
Problem with real estate is that financing is shut down now. Even deals in the pipeline are difficult to close because all the qualifying numbers change and nobody knows what a $USD is worth in domestic terms. Better have a cash buyer or you will be sitting on real estate for awhile unless you are selling a toilet paper factory.

AguA

Silver Miner
Seeker
...My current position is most funds still in the bank. About 5k in Crypto. I have 5k cash on hand, 2k silver on hand a few 10k in assets at primary dwelling.
Anywhoo I really appreciate GIM(GIM2) for the mental training to endure this crisis...
What DO you have that most others don't? Mobility, Means and Mental Endurance. That's huge should TSHTF where you are located.

Stand pat. Avoid decisions under "duress" of the current circumstances.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I see this kinda like a poker game...at this point you play the cards you have on this hand...but good or bad you watch and observe how the hand plays out and gather all the information you can for the next hand....do nothing rash...survive to play again if your hand is bad...prepare for the next hand....no one can know the future for sure (cept death n taxes)...

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Get some nonperishable food you can store long term, water, guns and lots of ammo... but the time to prepare is before a situation because everyone else is trying to do the same right now.

brosil

Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Jeez, everyone is so serious. What position should you take now? I've always been fond of the missionary position but all women aren't built the same. You have to be adaptable.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Jeez, everyone is so serious. What position should you take now? I've always been fond of the missionary position but all women aren't built the same. You have to be adaptable.
I like the Ride-A-Cowboy position myself. I enjoy the playground above me, and hands free technique. TMI ???

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Mavatar,

Your finances seem good. Hopefully YOU HOLD THEM. You did not mention -
food
water
protection against the masses (firearms)
a bug out vehicle - though you do mention bugging out

Yeah i picked a real great time to start a rift.

Problem with real estate is that financing is shut down now. Even deals in the pipeline are difficult to close because all the qualifying numbers change and nobody knows what a $USD is worth in domestic terms. Better have a cash buyer or you will be sitting on real estate for awhile unless you are selling a toilet paper factory.
My thoughts too. Would like to pick up some cheap acreage for cash.

Get some nonperishable food you can store long term, water, guns and lots of ammo... but the time to prepare is before a situation because everyone else is trying to do the same right now.
Mavatar,

Your finances seem good. Hopefully YOU HOLD THEM. You did not mention -
food
water
protection against the masses (firearms)
a bug out vehicle - though you do mention bugging out
Thought this was implied :) My german garage queens in the back I'm most worried about. Getting the transmission done on my MSP pursuit charger today I hope. Thought about buying an old bambulance.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Would like to pick up some cheap acreage for cash.
Craigslist, FB Marketplace, word of mouth, there should be opportunities / deals starting as people will need to dump stuff to be able to eat.
The free money is still 3 weeks away and we all know people are broke. Payment forgiveness means nothing when cash flow is zero!