• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Where do you find the best deals on a smaller budget?

I was just wondering where people find the best deals? I'm usually spending anywhere from $20-200 at a time, as the budget allows, so the hassle and shipping online for $10 face doesn't have a ton of room to negotiate, especially if they could sell it at their asking price in an extra day or two. I've looked on ebay, and plan to keep doing so, but a lot of what I'm seeing is a bit cost prohibitive in smaller quantities. I'm mostly silver at this point 1/10 oz AU here or there maybe, but for the most part I'm trying for junk silver, generic bars/rounds, ASE's, etc. Premium on the Eagles online is a bit steep for me, my local brick and mortar had them for $1 over, but with tax it was about $2.08 over. Still cheaper than the ones I found at Apmex, eBay, etc. so I picked up the few they had. They had no rounds or bars, and I bought the $10.70 face they had in junk silver for 10.75x. Even with tax, it seems to be a bit cheaper than the 13x or so I was seeing it for, then adding shipping on top. I'm slowly getting back into things, there is a local coin show coming up in a few weeks that usually has fair prices.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Say V, just curious, do the dealers at the coin shows have to collect tax on their sales?

BF

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Say V, just curious, do the dealers at the coin shows have to collect tax on their sales?

BF
The ones I bought from in the past haven't. (or they marked them up enough to cover it in the cost) Generally when I have gone, it's 'ASE is $17' or 'junk is 12x face' '1 oz bars $16' etc. Granted, that was a year or two ago and I wasn't watching things too close to see exactly what spot was so I wasn't following what the premium actually was.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
There was a guy at a local flea market that has a buy/sell booth inside a jewelry store in the market. I got a good deal on uncirc Phils. I think I paid spot + $1.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Ebay when they do the E-Bucks thing, flea market picking up unpopular items like commemorative silver dollars, and gun shows or garage sales for the rest.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Many states tax the coins, Orygun has no sales tax, so we don't pay it.
I stick with my LCD, he treats me right & no shipping problems PLUS with him, I will never get a counterfeit !

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Argentsum

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It's limited to 1 per household, is that per order or per year or per lifetime?
Here's the legalese, draw your own conclusions.
DETAILS: PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PROMOTION IS LIMITED TO 10 OUNCES OF SILVER AT SPOT PRICE, REGARDLESS OF PRODUCT. THE ACTUAL PRODUCT OFFERED MAY CHANGE OVER TIME, BUT CUSTOMERS CAN ONLY REDEEM THE PROMOTION ONCE FOR A MAXIMUM OF 10 OUNCES OF SILVER TOTAL. ALSO NOTE THAT WE LIMIT THIS PROMOTION TO ONE PURCHASE PER ACCOUNT, PER HOUSEHOLD/SHIPPING ADDRESS, AND PER BILLING METHOD (I.E. YOU CANNOT USE THE SAME CREDIT CARD TO SHIP AN ADDITIONAL STARTER PACK TO A SEPARATE SHIPPING ADDRESS). ALL STARTER PACK PURCHASES ARE MANUALLY REVIEWED FOR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS.

Argentsum

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Seems like there are lot of these one-shot-starter-pack deals floating around where you can get a few oz of silver at spot.

https://findbullionprices.com/buy-silver-at-spot-deals.php

Assuming you grabbed every deal, and they are legit (which I don't know), you could grab over 40 oz of silver at spot.

...and you'd be on a few mailing lists and sales folk will call you. Still, these are bedrock bottom budget bargains.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I have been using friends and family to buy the deal. Other than jewelry they don't buy any metal anyway.

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Worth a bump for those wanting a bit at at time

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter