• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

White is about to be replaced as the most popular car color

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
White is about to be replaced as the most popular car color

By Claudia Assis
Published: Nov 30, 2016 6:49 a.m. ET

Tesla’s deep blue shade looks to be on trend

Jeremy C. Owens/MarketWatch
Tesla Motors Inc. Chief Executive Elon Musk introduces the Model X SUV last year.
If one color expert is correct, we may all be getting the blues soon — at least on cars.

Jane Harrington, who has been a color pro at PPG Industries Inc. PPG, +0.67% for more than 30 years, is betting on blue as an emerging color option for cars in the next few years.

Harrington has noticed a lot more blue cars in recent auto-show “reveals,” or the showing of a car brand’s new model or a model’s overhaul. In past years, the cars showcased in the reveals were usually painted black, silver, or red.

Ford Motor Co. F, +0.00% caused a furor in 2015 when it launched a lineup of sporty “performance” cars and a couple of cheaper cars in a color it called liquid blue — and caused some rambling online since the color was available only as a “concept color,” and not approved for production.

Ford lovers wishing for blue have to content themselves with a more opaque color Ford calls “Nitrous Blue.”

Blue, despite its association with sadness, is well liked by many, and has the added advantage of variety, Harrington said — it can veer toward gray or green, or go lighter or darker to suit.

“You can’t do that with every color,” and it lends itself to an auto maker’s customization, Harrington said.

It would be a resurgence of sorts for blue: About 10% of this year’s models are blue, a drop from about 12% in the 2000s, she said.

Color preference — or at least what car manufacturers think of what ought to be our preference — vary through the years. Green cars were popular for a big chunk of the 1990s, but account for only about 2% of the market now.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/white-is-about-to-be-replaced-as-most-popular-car-color-2016-11-29

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I hate all the monochrome car colors. How freaken boring......

Professur

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I've always preferred charcoal grey myself. White cars are always dirty ... so are black ones.

<===Foolsgold

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Racist bass turds.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I have a sage green Subaru Forester. Love that vehicle. After I bought it, they came out with a sky blue color that's gorgeous! Wish I had one of them. White and black are too plain, but the Amish like them.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Have one that's maroon and one that's sandstone. Like the sandstone best. Doesn't show dirt or pollen the way the maroon one does.

As for white...............don't think I know anyone who has a white car or truck.

birddog

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I hear that police will usually leave white trucks alone when speeding. They assume it is a work truck and you are getting somewhere to do your thing.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I've always preferred charcoal grey myself. White cars are always dirty ... so are black ones.
True, but when they are clean, they look great.

White cars to me look to elegant for my taste. Unless it's a high end luxury, I prefer black... nice and sleek.

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I love gold / brass / sand paint coats.

NEVER have to go to the car wash, aside from bird poo & tree droppings & winter road salt. EVER.

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
White is known by insurance agencies to be the safest color. Unless you are in the north during winter.

Red is the second safest color. However, Red is also the most ticketed for speeding.

90%RealMoney

Midas Member
Midas Member
I have a sage green Subaru Forester. Love that vehicle. After I bought it, they came out with a sky blue color that's gorgeous! Wish I had one of them. White and black are too plain, but the Amish like them.
I like those quasi-cammo colors that Subaru is using. There's a light olive drab looking one, a desert sand type color. Like a flat to satin finish. Good color to start with, WTSHTF. A little flat black here and there, and you have a camoflauged vehicle.

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Ghetto two-tone is great for putting out a false profile that you're broke, just an FYI.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I'm partial to triple black

image.jpeg