• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

workin man

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Nobody, N O B O D Y watered down driveway sealant more than me when I was a kid. We had to sweep leaves off the driveways back then sure some were just sealed over sue me I'm a feckin kid you can't get nothing! Good times.
Yeah, I was watering it down, sweeping - until I thought of the leaf blower, hauling buckets and dumping out the sealer, cleaning up and bagging the empty buckets. The women folk were just squeegeeing it out.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Willing to do the work Americans don't want to do..
Circular saw techniques.jpg

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Zoomed in real close to check the specs on those margins, looks so good i'd almost bet silver you built everything to a reference line.

am doing daddyo daycare all week about to go nuts.
The gf had a close family friend die up in St. Louis
from get this, mad cow disorder.
She started forgetting some things 2 months ago and after a few trips to the doctor gets the diagnosis.
They tell the girl she has maybe a year, doesn't make it two weeks. Sad yes but its got me in a real pinch here
Ok looks like it's time to pick out clothes for school tomorrow then story time, then when she's out will do the dishes and get some laundry going. Miss will be back tomorrow hopefully so gotta get some clean up done so it looks like I've really been on top of things here.

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Fixing to reup on some 4g later fecking pics won't load atall.

Can barely make out the handle on what looks like a yankee miter sawr of some sort.
Second one says img jpeg and is without a visual.
Ok going to check on how Don is doing in the latest msm polls.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
as a commercial GC......if the painter accepted it it was his...he was ultimately responsible for the finish.....

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good Dialbro, give me a caulk gun and a little putty heck I'd make those little cracks looka real good.

Pops, little bro and I started a little project Saturday that some crackhead framers bailed on.
Its a pole barn people are moving mom and pops into. We agreed to finish what the other dudes flaked out on framing wise which was two small exterior walls with 3 winders and a 3oh door cut into the metal wall.

In addition we will be running Galvo metal on the entire ceiling, insulating, hanging interior doors, running paneling on walls, trimming with pine 1by4 and some cedar, as well as installing crap cabinets from home depot.

If it looks half decent when we're done might attach a jpeg img or 2.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Stoney....thats what i decided to build...took my old metal pole barn ....and over time built my retirement home....14 ceiling...12" walls (flushed the walls by the poles)...used advanteck on the bottom of the trusses for ceiling (black) ...false trusses for effect...dont have a good pic but here is a partial main room ceiling view during construction pic
DSC06867.JPG

Last edited:

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Take the day off Mr.
I'm out here on 2 hours sleep wishing I'd just called the homeowners and said my truck broke down or something.

Gonna be a long day...

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
View attachment 86365 Last window completed yesterday landed the paint work customer agreed when i said
"lot of stories out there about paint crews, nobody knows where they come from who they are ransacking peoples homes, at least with good ole andial you know who he is and where he come from" Nailed the job right there!
will start the paint work after celebrating Mr. Trumps victory a bit.

LOL....planting doubt and fear are great motivators ......sad thing is lotta truth to those stories

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
weed?

Dialbro pics won't load for me am so fecking sober right now

Sir did you redo the soffit and fascia also?
Somewhere in between matte and a satin on the sheen look real good

Pops and I look to finish up the medium sized red barn project. I'll try to get my pic again later i guess.

Ok going to thank folks in the politics thread for talking mess now.

mayhem

RIP 9/6. Anything new is posted by his widow.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 86519 Closed on the new place today. Who wants to help move my crap?
Would if could, but can't so I won't. How big a lot you on? Looks like lawn tractor size, Warning don't but a HD or Lowes special, speaking from xperience on dat.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Sir Hedge that little gnome in the flower pot there is staring at your steps like hes wondering if your gonna put some risers on those things.

Either way nice job Mr.

Stoned yeah we put risers in a few days later. They were out of town so no rush on our part.

It turned out fabulous! Owner was stoked!

edit to add

51406521406__AA6F7BD8-526D-4157-BFBA-59E1E5578E61.JPG.jpeg

Last edited:

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Borrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg!
Painting is, uses up a lot of weed.

LOL... that explains the size of my painting quotes! Mebe if I chuck in home grown they will discount.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
hell........i wouldnt help myself move.........i auctioned everything in the old place.....then bought all
View attachment 86519 Closed on the new place today. Who wants to help move my crap?
......Nick.......i can hear the crickets chirping :) ....for me moving and kidney stones are of equal pleasure

mayhem

RIP 9/6. Anything new is posted by his widow.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice work stony, very nice work.

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Workin fast Will, slower down, the work will be there tomorrow. That's what my twin brother would say when I would be in eager beaver mode. Are you staining it or that is finished look?

I think they will stain it Dial but I've made my last trip, obligations fulfilled and paid in full.
Actually ran 3 days longer than anticipated, fecking metals on the ceiling is tuff!

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I think they will stain it Dial but I've made my last trip, obligations fulfilled and paid in full.
Actually ran 3 days longer than anticipated, fecking metals on the ceiling is tuff!

what was the issue with the metal ceiling? (got a family member that is wanting that look)

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
what was the issue with the metal ceiling? (got a family member that is wanting that look)

It was just a lot of hands above the head action MrT. Working around walls that were up limited my using walk boards so some of it was done off of ladders in the bed and bathrooms.
Build was 30x50. We used 16 footers and put our overlap dead center then built a false pine centerbeam to "hide the joint".
First day we had screws that fought going in, good self tappers made a huge difference on day 2.
Little bro quit and left pop's and myself hanging
as it were.

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
20161117_110101.jpg

Good ol gravel road.
We were informed today that we are building living quarters for 20 migrant workers inside two metal structures.
Corn, rice, wheat and soybeans fields as far as the cares to see.

20161117_081856.jpg

Simple wall and joist stuff should be done tomorrow then will be chasing this fecker for a check I'm sure.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Andial, if I've told you once - you need a leaf blower.

Truth is, I'd love to have those oak leaves for my blueberry bushes, but you live to far away or I'd be over to pick them up.

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
View attachment 86652 Heaven, i'm in Heaven, rakng leaves on the weekend.
I would have them feckers blown clear into the next county by now brother 'Dial.
I'm always kind of sad when I have to put my Stihl blower away for the season. It's a noble machine.

zzzz.jpg

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Andial, if I've told you once - you need a leaf blower.

Ditto, I'd never want to live without one.
When we get a dusting of snow, I can clean off the walks & pad in front of the pole building in minutes.
I used to use a push thingy that left behind snow in the cracks.
Or I fell down on the ice that it turned into the next day If i relied on the sun to melt it away.
Also does a great job cleaning off the mower decks & radiator screen.
Ok, now I'm all excited, I think I see a maple leaf in the grass.
Have to get the Echo.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
do you bunch oak leaves up around those bushes for the winter LTD? Never liked oak leaves maybe they have a use though.
I have no oak leaves in my yard. If I did, I'd grind them with the mower and bagger, then compost them with the grass clippings, use that to build up the compost around the berry bushes. As it is, my soil takes a lot of that acid PH lowering stuff you can buy at the garden store, to get the acid in the soil down to where it belongs for blueberries. Always gotta test and treat accordingly here to adjust the PH. I do use wood chips I make from brush and tree limbs, which tend to bring down the PH some over time, just not enough. I've also tried pine needles, which I do have, but they seem to take longer to break down. What you are looking for with PH for blueberries is around 4.5-5.5, my soil runs 6+ without the treatment.

All in a day's work on the homestead. (Micro-farm).

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Maybe i'm spoilt but i only use maple plus other soft wood leaves for composting sir Ford LTD, mebe i'm wrong.
Maple leaves are good for garden compost, great actually. We have those next door, we only get the ones that blow over to our yard. Then we only get them if they don't blow off into the woods of farm fields. Maple leaves are more PH neutral than pine needles or especially oak leaves. So, I'd just spread them on the garden, let the worms chew 'em up all winter, put the big tiller in there in the spring and till them into the soil.

No, I don't know a lot about leaves for compost, and my yard has mostly fruit trees, which are not huge, so there aren't enough leaves to worry over.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I can't even begin to imagine the carbon footprint that guy has. Please Irons, think of the children......

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Same house sir? It's chilly here also. Used the forced air heater early this morning. Still chasing that joker for a check . He skipped town and was in Dallas last Friday. You believe that shit?!

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I installed this mailbox at my new home because I buy many things online and do not like it when packages are stolen. Would you believe this past Saturday the monkey who delivers the mail skipped my home and delivered a package to 1225 which is about 1/4 mile away!
20161120_093651 (1).jpg

Irons

Outlaw Prospector
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Brother Irons? All that equipment to get leaves off the ground?View attachment 86667
I was exaggerating a little. I have a Stihl BR 420 Magnum backpack. The previous owner hopped it up so it screams like a raped ape and blows leaves like it's angry. I fecking love that machine! . . :2 thumbs up:

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cock sucker! I'm serious Will slow payers reminding me of my past before I smartened up! When the guy coming back ? Do NOT fecking trust anyone I'm pissed cause I know you are younger still not an old feck like me. Is this guy an old feck?

Is a medium old feck. Got the check. One of those guys who wants things done yesterday but not in a hurry when its time to pay the piper.
About like every other feck with money I've ever met though, save a few.
Got a big remodel coming up in the spring for the guy, yeehaw!
Oh yea and one moar migrant dwelling like we just finished as soon as the crew gets the red iron structure completed, hopefully before the week's out.

Reminds of an olde feck pops did a lot of working for in the 90's. Guy would show up Friday afternoon and say stuff like "my daughter has my checkbook".
I was young and did not care. Asked pop several times if he'd like me to knock that feck on his ass
and see if he forgot the checkbook next week.
goodtimes!

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I installed this mailbox at my new home because I buy many things online and do not like it when packages are stolen. Would you believe this past Saturday the monkey who delivers the mail skipped my home and delivered a package to 1225 which is about 1/4 mile away!View attachment 86697

Dude...
It's white.
Check it's privilege.

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Though I havnt seen that particular brand we use something similar (ziptape)on nearly everything we do. It's good shit man.

Had the day off and wish I had worked. The olde lady and kiddos are heading to St.Louis for Thanksgiving and it was time for some work on her van.
Changed plugs, wires, oil, new shocks and struts+put a new battery on there for peace of mind.
7hours straight and me hurt allover.

Picked up a good little job today from the nephew of the fellow we did the little barn house for.

Dial you must feel like you've died and gone to window hell. lookin good mr.

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
i like using this protecto sheild around windows, thoughts?

Totally with you. I would wrap everything in housewrap, tyvek or equiv, and turn it into the rough window openings. Then I would mount the windows, and finish it with ice/water shield in strips over the window flanges. Not only would it prevent water leakage, it also killed off drafts from air movement.

Lot of guys started using tape around all windows after they came out with a suitable product for it.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
those windows would look great in my deer blind.........LOL......got to do the craigslist vigal for the next few months to find some cheap opperable windows for the missus deer tajmahal deer blind