• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

workin man

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Or tagged to the other bathroom GFI on the wall adjacent to the sink on either the left or right as a passthrough making them GFI being downstream. Regardless. GFI. Edit to add. Prob already that way if it was new construction and an add on. Nick posted some nice pics of the place b4.
The whole circuit ties into other outlets and into the main fuse panel that is labeled Bath GFI. Yes, I did shut off the main breaker to the circuit and tested the outlets to make sure they were off. I know better.

When I first moved in I had a helper for the finish work and ceiling fans. One of the wires got nicked and he found it before I shut the power off.

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
is that on your s10? .....if so any advice on changing all 4....my ole parts s10 is in need of all 4 real bad its 2wd ....(note to self pb blaster check)
Yep, S10 ZR2 4x4. First off your 2 wheel drive S10 shocks are going to be much cheaper than the ones I needed for my wide stance off road ZR2! Shocks for mine were kind of hard to find, yours will be easy.

I looked up what shock part number I needed for mine on a few online parts websites and then looked for those shocks on ebay. I got lucky and a closeout/leftover stock seller had what I needed. Got 2 Monroe offroad rear shocks no tax free shipping for $75, they are usually $68 each. If he has the ones you need you will save a ton of $$ too.

These 1A Auto videos are great only thing I had to do different was I had to mount the bottom of the shock first, then release the shipping band and extend the shock top into the shock tower under the bed. I also had to turn the shock ears in a vise so they met the angle of the shock tower. All in all it's not a bad job, I did mine on car ramps and had plenty of room to move around and work under there. No kidding Ttazzy your truck will ride like new! .
asweet.gif

ebay guy I got shocks from: https://www.ebay.com/usr/reblins7216
put in your truck year and sub model: https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_od...Xs10+shocks+4.TRS1&_nkw=s10+shocks+4&_sacat=0

Last edited:

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Adding to the above post I see this a lot looking for parts for my truck!

Chevy S10 Pickup excluding ZR2 Models

It ain't easy being cheesy. . .
aarock.gif

:2 thumbs up:

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Freaken angle iron is expensive... Luckily old bed frames can be had for free and happen to be made from angle iron.....
angle iron.jpg
angle iron 2.jpg

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
A word of caution using bed frames for welding projects. Many of them use inferior steel, something along the lines of what T posts are made of. Lots of sparks when you put a torch to it. More splatter when you weld. End product is brittle.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
A word of caution using bed frames for welding projects. Many of them use inferior steel, something along the lines of what T posts are made of. Lots of sparks when you put a torch to it. More splatter when you weld. End product is brittle.
Yeah, I kinda anticipated that. But these actually weren't too bad to weld on (better steel than Tee posts). They'll be fine for some shelf brackets in the shop.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I don't throw my bed frames away either. That shelf looks stout enough to handle a row of engine blocks.

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I don't throw my bed frames away either. That shelf looks stout enough to handle a row of engine blocks.
Agreed. i bet Irons could climb the wall and park that ess-ten on those six brackets.

Love those trucks Ironsbro. My grandpops had a 87 base model in black. Pops had the 93 4.3 loaded in grey.

Heck you were a nobody in the 80's down here if you didn't have an S10.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Agreed. i bet Irons could climb the wall and park that ess-ten on those six brackets.

Love those trucks Ironsbro. My grandpops had a 87 base model in black. Pops had the 93 4.3 loaded in grey.

Heck you were a nobody in the 80's down here if you didn't have an S10.
Total overkill, I get it. But there was no way to put up 4 brackets or even 3 brackets and keep the spacing symmetrical. So fuck it, I built six. Lopsided bracket spacing? I could never live with the shame.

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
You're gonna love this. I still can't get over this one even with all I've seen.

So I got divorced and bought a "fixer upper" home to restart from. I got a great deal on it and oe of the main reasons it was selling cheap was because there was a giant blue tarp covering a large section of the roof. As a carpenter I was prepared to deal with a hole or two. While chatting with the neighbors I was told that the previous owner had newly roofed the house with architectural shingles, but ran short and had troubling getting more. That didn't sound right to me but it did confirm that work had been done on the roof recently so I figured t would be a small patch job. HA! Surprise surprise!

So I peeled of the lovely blue tarp and discovered a botchery of epic proportions.HUNDREDS OF FARKING NAILS HOLDING DOWN TAR PAPER ON BRAND NEW SHINGLES! What the ever living Fark??? Seriously? No I mean really? WTF over!? Obviously battens are not within said person's "knowledge"

The kicker......no missing or damaged shingles to be found under that abortion. :confused::(

Ok. Idiots were here, what's new. So I get a couple guys to help me strip the shingles off because I'm not messing around at this point. Well as were peeling off a thousand dollars worth of brand new shingles I noticed that the butt joints of the sheeting are wonky. Like they aren't meeting on the truss but rather "in the field" which made it pretty spongy. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the tale...Whatcha think!?

IMG_20150825_140533431.jpg

Attachments

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
OOF............

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
They threw new sheathing on rot. Oof....
They threw new shingles on that! Oof...
They then punctured the whole thing with nails? Cheese and Rice!

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
They threw new sheathing on rot. Oof....
They threw new shingles on that! Oof...
They then punctured the whole thing with nails? Cheese and Rice!
House at the top of the hill of the street I live on got shingles installed over an existing layer in 5 degree weather. Guy did it with the intention of flipping. The roof still leaks. Sad to see the young couple that bought the place thinking they had a good house to make a home. There was sill plate rot all through the house as it is built on a slab. Kit house from Sears maybe.

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
That's one for the history books. Hopefully it isn't a case of there goes your profits. Looks like trusses were site built.
Only cost me about $2000 to re-due the roof including paying one grunt. I'm looking to make $50,000 + If I resell in the near future, more the longer I own it. I've stripped my share of roofs and unless it's friends or family I ain't into it anymore and will gladly hire that part out. BTW It was built in 1965. That's how old the floors are in the oil stain pic.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I am in awe of that level of fuckery. . .
bowing.gif

One neat thing about this life is just when you think you have witnessed an act of truly epic fuckery,
as long as you are still alive you will eventually get to see some fuckery that tops it.

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I am in awe of that level of fuckery. . .

One neat thing about this life is just when you think you have witnessed an act of truly epic fuckery,
as long as you are still alive you will eventually get to see some fuckery that tops it.
Your power of pure speech is A+.

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I'm not a builder nor do I have any building skills. But I have been around long enough to identify shit that will never, ever fly!

.:2 thumbs up:
Iron's knows a farkin spade when he's see's it. One doesn't get to his advanced age without that kind of wisdom.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Those high dollar architectural shingles would have fooled me into thinking the previous owner wasn't a cheapskate.

Keep the house as a principal residence 2 years and there are no taxes on the gain.

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
SirMisty, looks to be a little more than just a garage. I guess that would explain the nice finish and detail on the exterior.
View attachment 98964
Looks like there may be a big ol' compressor in the closet, will a vacuum system also be provided?
Oh BTW, sorry I didn't mention before...
that closet under the air hose is a "water closet". :piss

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Those high dollar architectural shingles would have fooled me into thinking the previous owner wasn't a cheapskate.

Keep the house as a principal residence 2 years and there are no taxes on the gain.
Worked out a 2 year contract for deed which ran out in Aug but I've convinced the seller to continue until it's paid off. About $35k left. In other words I've piggybacked on her "credit". Couldn't have done it another way.

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Nope, not a cheapskate. Just another TV consumer that's overly optimistic about his own capabilities. A common theme.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Misty, That main beam in the arch; is it a solid 4 X 12, or a laminated beam, or several 2 X 12s together or what?

Great work, BTW,
BF

edit
oops, I didn't realize I was a page behind — this is the beam I was talkin about (but you knew that :D)

Beams.jpg

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Misty, That main beam in the arch; is it a solid 4 X 12, or laminated, or several 2 X 12s together or what?

Great work, BTW,
BF
Man, I was looking at the picture and was having trouble remembering WTH was going on because its new construction but it was a sloppy 2x something sistered beam. I remember drilling through it to run the new switch so I'm pretty sure it was 3@ 2x8.

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Misty, That main beam in the arch; is it a solid 4 X 12, or a laminated beam, or several 2 X 12s together or what?

Great work, BTW,
BF

edit
oops, I didn't realize I was a page behind — this is the beam I was talkin about (but you knew that :D)

...Picture just loaded. I'm using my hotspot even though I'm out of my alloted data. It'still trickles through but at dial-up speeds.

So if you look above the plywood you can see a few millimeters of the old studs peeking out. They are about 6-8 inches and above them the beam. If it's not a 2x8 its 2x10 but definetly not 2x12. FWIW That dark wood is old plywood he had on hand.

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Damn I'm sorry guys, I've been missing a bunch of posts here and there with this slow speed Inet. I missed the whole thing with those fargin industrial shelf bracket's.

Can't believe nobody figured out that's where the poor man's gold is gonna live. Even spacing my azz.

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Man's flooring. :D

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Specifically at 2:49.....we see a young tradesman chasing his dignity. Sorry, son........dat ship done sank outside the harbor!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I need to go under my truck when it warms up a little today, pull a skid plate and see which transmission oil pan I have. The websites all list 2 options for a GM 4L60-E transmission, deep or shallow pan and none of them can tell me which I have based on the model, engine and year. I have to look. Figures.
I had the transmission fluid flushed @ around 80,000 miles several years ago. Most of it drained out a couple years ago when a line rusted out, blew and sprayed tranny fluid all over hell and then just ran out into a bucket for a couple weeks. Never had any problems with the tranny it's self and the fluid is always nice and light red.

I am going to pull the pan and change the filter and both shift solenoids and add a quart of Lucas when I fill it back up. Cheap insurance IMO.
Kits on ebay with AC Delco filter, gasket and solenoids are cheap. Get 'er done ya lazy feck!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Transmission-Shift-Solenoid-Filter-Gasket-Service-Kit-GM-4L60E-1997-On-21331/321699398701?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649