• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

workin man

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Cat5 is 100MHz. Data throughput dependant on modulation.

We regularly run Cat5 at 128 MB/s or Gigabit Ethernet.

1000BASE-T requires four wire pairs where 100 requires two.

Don't know where you get 100 Mbps for Cat5.

Golden Regards
Uncle

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
sorry, unk, my work was at a deeper level. Each cycle (Mhz) carries one bit, so Mbps for us low level people and Megacycles (what we used to call 'em) for the wiring people. one bit = one cycle

BF

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Jumpin stanky fish crotch Batman! WT ever living Fark is going on!? :don't know:

Current project is on a $725,000 home...this is the craftslessship on the columns that greet you at the front door of the first, most visible house in an affluent gated community. And this isn't even what I'm working on there! :surrender:

flynfrt.jpg
49.jpg
44.jpg
45.jpg
46.jpg
47.jpg

In what farking UNIVERSE is this even REMOTELY acceptable! Jeezuz Truckin' Rice!

48.jpg

Some say, "caulk and paint, make a Carpenter what he ain't."
I say caulk and paint make you a failure at life!

Well my job security is growing leaps and bounds these days.

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Jumpin stanky fish crotch Batman! WT ever living Fark is going on!? :don't know:

Current project is on a $725,000 home...this is the craftslessship on the columns that greet you at the front door of the first, most visible house in an affluent gated community. And this isn't even what I'm working on there! :surrender:

View attachment 106543 View attachment 106544 View attachment 106545 View attachment 106546 View attachment 106547 View attachment 106548

In what farking UNIVERSE is this even REMOTELY acceptable! Jeezuz Truckin' Rice!

View attachment 106549

Some say, "caulk and paint, make a Carpenter what he ain't."
I say caulk and paint make you a failure at life!

Well my job security is growing leaps and bounds these days.
Good grief, Charlie Brown, that's awful work. Why would a general contractor even accept that level of incompetence?

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
$$$$$

&The idiots buying these plastic boxes don't know any better

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Good grief, Charlie Brown, that's awful work. Why would a general contractor even accept that level of incompetence?
Good carpenters are very hard to find. I would pay 30 bucks an hour cash if I could find one. When I was in Texas, my skiing buddy was a carpenter. He was about the only one around who spoke English. Mexicans have taken over many of the building trades and their work is usually pretty marginal.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Wiring your house with fiber would certainly seem to future-proof it, but fiber is a real pain to work with.
Yeah I hear it's a pain to splice. The company fiber optic cable ends about 40 feet from my house and they buried an empty conduit to the house for future use.
I was thinking about buying fiber optic cable and running it to one location in my house and the other through the conduit. Then there would be only one splice and one final termination for them to do. The biggest problem right now is that I don't know what to buy and where to get it. I would like to get this done before I close up the walls.

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I'd like to see some pictures of the finish work inside
hope the inside guys were better than the outside guys
I've only taken one picture inside so far and it was because of their cute goofy ass trim detail. Between the windows on the inside wall at the front of the house they ran a piece of trim like 4 1/2' up. It's not a chair rail and it looks kinda od. Anyway they hae a second piece of that crown trim running atop the trim but terminating a few inches from the end. Doesn't look too bad. But when there's only this much room between the wondow and the wall, this looks stupid! Like a little x-mas tree.
christmas_tree-3687.gif

ftrim.jpg

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
But wait, there's moar!

We haven't passed the front door just yet ladies and gentlefellows....

I think we need to address the dental molding on the front door porch.

Half of it is pushed out from the drip edge that's covering the other half and it looks like the lack off fasteners holding in place might have something to do with it.

f1.jpg
f2.jpg

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Oh, and I didn't let on earlier but this hack job appears to have been done recently by the sellers. I'm working for the buyers.

It's all about the $$$$ for most. I run my ship the exact opposite because I live by the universal principal of Good is rewarded with good returns and Evil is met with due retribution. In my view, a clear conscience is worth more than our National debt in gold. Besides, this is part of my given path and I firmly believe that if something is worth doing, it's worth doing to the best of your ability. The rewards are lasting.

Anyway, here's more evidence of some lazy, paint jack-of hack's work ... I bet that shit show on the column base was done by a local "painter". (Dumb, lazy Mexican with a brush and spray rig)

And one more sad point, it's a beautiful front door, but look at the mitre. SMH

But the lack of caulk coupled with that puddle of spit is really lamentable.

f7.jpg
f8.jpg
f9.jpg

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
House maintenance much?

f10.jpg

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I'll give you 2 thumbs up for the compensation, but tell me. How long does it take for you to mow your whole lawn?
takes me 30-45min....including the roadsides on the driveway........and YES that really is me mowing my yard......i decided when i retired i would make the yard ,tractor - brush hog compatable .... was a great decision

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Sir Mister I'm with you on doing things to the best of your ability. That plus good weed helps me sleep at night.

Well Mr's me and the ole pop unit are still plugging away on the last house I posted pics of. Finally finished the 4 decks last Thursday. Lots of time in doing the rails with hogwire like that.

We're 3 days in on the metal facia and soffit job now. We will also be applying the mini rib metal siding on the walls. Figuring several weeks work for the 2 of us on this project. There's talk of us also doing the cabinets and trim after that.

Guy we're working for is a hoot, thinks pops and i are really something. The fellow has lots of big money clients and several projects earmarked for us after we're finished here, ... whenever that is.

Some pics of the the rails and stairway on the front porch here.

IMG_0838.JPG

Solid week right there guys and a hot one at that.

Coming down here.

IMG_0843.JPG

Shot looking across to the deck we added the roof on there, that was a 3 day project in itself.

IMG_0839.JPG

Those are rough sawn cypress duce by eights on the rafters, toped it with t111.

Moar later.

Attachments

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
takes me 30-45min....including the roadsides on the driveway........and YES that really is me mowing my yard......i decided when i retired i would make the yard ,tractor - brush hog compatable .... was a great decision
Never thought for a nano hour that it was not you, ttazz.

When I see big yards, I see big work. But you've got that covered very nicely. And whenever I see big houses I see big utility bills. That's all good if a person can afford it. I can't. And as a thread on here shows not everybody that owns one can't either.

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
This guy buys seconds for pennies on dollars had just enough of these ol planks laying around to put a roof up on the sirs porch.

Some olde with the pneu here,

IMG_0747.JPG

comming out from the office here.

IMG_0836.JPG

Stuff

IMG_0746.JPG

Those transoms above the door there come out and we're making custom boxes from old solid jamb material which will get glass cut for them. Those don't line up and will be a pain cut metal around and look like hammered shit.

Gonna bend some metal to fill the gap between the windows also. Make them look like a unit and simplify the siding job at the same time.

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Very TIGHT work there StOnEy. Great job with running that blasted goat paneling the CORRECT way, a-la parallel to di ground.

You guys are the real deal. The clean factor shows up instantly to a trained eye.

Have you run stairs with expanding runs like that before?

Still awaiting a couple pics to load but had to compliment ...

shim.png

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
FROGGY.jpg

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Sir Mister I'm with you on doing things to the best of your ability. That plus good weed helps me sleep at night.

Well Mr's me and the ole pop unit are still plugging away on the last house I posted pics of. Finally finished the 4 decks last Thursday. Lots of time in doing the rails with hogwire like that.

We're 3 days in on the metal facia and soffit job now. We will also be applying the mini rib metal siding on the walls. Figuring several weeks work for the 2 of us on this project. There's talk of us also doing the cabinets and trim after that.

Guy we're working for is a hoot, thinks pops and i are really something. The fellow has lots of big money clients and several projects earmarked for us after we're finished here, ... whenever that is.

Some pics of the the rails and stairway on the front porch here.

View attachment 106654

Solid week right there guys and a hot one at that.

Coming down here.

View attachment 106658

Shot looking across to the deck we added the roof on there, that was a 3 day project in itself.

View attachment 106657

Those are rough sawn cypress duce by eights on the rafters, toped it with t111.

Moar later.
It's so nice to see equal spacing with fasteners and countersunk holes. It's amazing what some folks get away with. Hat tip.

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Here's some pics of that interior trim for ya' Fottom Beeder:
f11.jpg f12.jpg f13.jpg f14.jpg

PS I'm thinking of adopting Froggy as my version of Mr. Bunga Esquire I. Thoughts?

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I think they coulda done better with the fireplace motif

f16.jpg f17.jpg f18.jpg f19.jpg

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Time to tear apart the "outdoah bah". Doesn't look too bad, but theres some signs of damage.

...AND Of course the fuggers did everything farking backward!

You guys should know enough by now to figure on my blessed fortune of fixing the most farked up work this side of the Miss-ipee, right? (*They all nod) [Cool, I'll show some specific goofs in another post]

They actually built the fark out of it........without building it right. "Smarter, not harder. Smarter not harder." I had a heck of a time with portions of it because it was put together in the exact sequential order that disallowed taking anything off without taking everything else off first. And with it being cedar, it breaks before it levers itself out of such predicaments.

f3.jpg f4.jpg 31.jpg f42.jpg f26.jpg f27.jpg

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
"Getting fancy on that dust!"

:thumbs down: :dduck:

f28.jpg f30.jpg f29.jpg

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Pretty self explanatory. KD framing on slab. Cedar boards nailed with an extensively liberal exuberance hither unknown to cabinet makers or old. They slapped on some 3/4 PT ply, edge banded that with a KD 2x2 and slathered with tile and grrOut which I suspect they didn't bother to

f31.jpg f32.jpg f33.jpg

f34.jpg f35.jpg f36.jpg

newmisty

Splodey Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Super cool folks. Encouraged me to take a swim after work and they didn't have to twist my arm for sure. After getting tarred and feathered with sweat, saw dust, mouse turds, bugs carcasses, petrified toads and saw dust in 98 heat I needed the cool down badly.

f39.jpg f38.jpg f41.jpg

:summer: f37.jpg

f22.jpg

Last edited:

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Have you run stairs with expanding runs like that before?
Help me out Mister, expanding runs? Are we talking aboot the wire?

PS I'm thinking of adopting Froggy as my version of Mr. Bunga Esquire I. Thoughts?
It's your world and im just posting in it Mister. I vote know on the toad. Not sure if spelled vote wright.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Badass shadow. Anyone else see a "Q" there?

1531438517578.png

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Put in a new ceiling fan without hurting myself or burning the place down, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Passed inspection from the helper cat from atop the 3-step ladder.

View attachment 106748
Good jerb. I've attempted that once. Was not as successful as you were.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yeah I hear it's a pain to splice. The company fiber optic cable ends about 40 feet from my house and they buried an empty conduit to the house for future use.
I was thinking about buying fiber optic cable and running it to one location in my house and the other through the conduit. Then there would be only one splice and one final termination for them to do. The biggest problem right now is that I don't know what to buy and where to get it. I would like to get this done before I close up the walls.
i just ran empty pvc conduits like commerial work in the walls leaves you infinate "wiring" flexibility............then i ended up going wireless with pretty much everything data

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
i just ran empty pvc conduits like commerial work in the walls leaves you infinate "wiring" flexibility............then i ended up going wireless with pretty much everything data
I was thinking about that. At this stage, if I went that route, I would have to drill through the 8" stem wall and have so many bends that it might not be feasible.